Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Detonating NG
andrea
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-10-2003 at 08:40
Detonating NG

Hi I've got some NG. I want to make a little bomb with it using a small brass tube. What should detonate NG? I know it's a dangerous stuff but I'll take all the necessary precautions.
Madog
Hazard to Others

Mood: lysergic

[*] posted on 4-10-2003 at 09:30

NG is perculiar. i always do this(i got this idea from brainfever's page): take a straw, put HMTD or AP in it, secure a fuse and all on. wrap some paper toowel around it, not too much, secure with tape. saturate the paper towel with NG useing an eye dropper. wrap a little more tape around to cover it. always works well.

i would advise to absorb it in something. sience NG is liquid, when subjecting it to a shockwave, it moves and splashes, not takeing much of it, ive seen quite a few cases where people tried setting off sseveral milliliters of pure NG and failing, shockwave's website, whichi dont have a link to, has a page with a failed NG det of this sort.

[Edited on 10/4/03 by Madog]

Most people outgrow their pyro tendencies, we are the ones who\'s tendencies outgrew us.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 24-10-2003 at 12:59

My NG can barely be detonated by a hit with a hammer....and I mean a HIT!
I have to hit is square and as hard as I can (whether in liquid form or soaked into some cellulose.
But when it does decide to detonate.........Holly Shit!
Anyways Ive always heard of NG being sooo sensitive. Why?

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 24-10-2003 at 13:07

This forum is about the chemistry of explosives, not "blowing shit up." Locked.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.

Go To Top