Author: Subject: Your favorite primary?
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 26-2-2008 at 14:38

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosco Bodine
The two azo-clathrates for which I have a liking
are the example 5 by a modified method which gives 12 instead of 11 azides . And another unpublished variant which was tried adding a lead chlorate , derived from potassium chlorate and extra lead nitrate reacted in situ , seemed to extend the adsorption for azide to 16 . I didn't do any followup , but preliminary indications are that it is possible to exceed the limit of 13 adsorbed azide specified in the patent , at least for the case of 4(basic lead picrate-lead nitrate-lead chlorate -lead azide)-16 lead azide .

I thought about this just recently but with NaCLO3 as it would be solvent in water where as KCLO3 would not (to a greater extent). We are talking about Example 5? Correct...?
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 26-2-2008 at 15:40

No , not talking about example 5 at all , but an unpublished variant not described in the Kenney patents .
What it was is the non-azo clathrate of the other Kenney patent , basic lead picrate - lead nitrate - lead chlorate
made by a modified synthesis to the Kenney example
which provided a higher yield also for that parent substrate , and then saturating that substrate with azide
in the same way as the others .

IIRC what I did was make basic lead picrate first ,
then add lead nitrate and lead chlorate simultaneously
to form the triple salt , and then very slowly add the
azide . IIRC I indirectly described how the triple salt
parent substrate was made , in that old thread at E&W
as a suggested modification on another synthesis that
someone was reporting for basic lead picrate which was
being misidentified by them as being lead picrate .
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 27-2-2008 at 09:23

Quote:
Originally posted by Sickman
Quote:
Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone

Personnally as primary,
I use Ag2C2.xHNO3 complex admixed with Ni(NH2-NH2)3(NO3)2 (mass ratio 1/2) ...unreactive towards each other, reliable from flame, stores wel for years, non hygroscopic, easy to do and to isolate, not too shock sensitive,VOD arround 6500 m/s, lead block test arround 375 ccm/10g.

What method are you using to "admix" these two? Wet? Dry? Solvent? It seems that a wet mixing process where both materials are added to H2O with stirring and then simply filtering would be the safest.

I have made it dry for tiny quantities (few mg) and with methanol with larger (few g).
The silver complex is white to pale grey and the Ni complex is lilas pink...the resulting mix is pale lilas pink. Any darkening in the time will result in higher sensitivity. Although this will only happen on long exposure to sunlight

[Edited on 27-2-2008 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Recessive
Harmless

Mood: Manic

sad.gif posted on 29-2-2008 at 17:27
Silver Valence

This is in regard to Philou's assertion on the previous page that silver nitrotetrazole has a valence of one.

Urbanski, in C&T of Explosives, V3, p157, refers to “(CNO)2Ag” and on the next page repeats this in a graph. I was initially irritated by this “error” until I saw the silver bis-nitrotetrazole name and molecule in PATR, V9, pT138, and then assumed that silver might actually have a valence of two. Good for performance, good for price.
JohnWW
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-3-2008 at 01:06

Silver does form Ag(II) compounds, but it requires quite strong oxidizing conditions; and Ag(III) compounds, which require very strongly oxidizing conditions. AgF2 amd AgF3 and I think the oxides are known; Ag++ can be stabilized in complex cations by appropriate ligands.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 09:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Recessive
This is in regard to Philou's assertion on the previous page that silver nitrotetrazole has a valence of one.

Urbanski, in C&T of Explosives, V3, p157, refers to “(CNO)2Ag” and on the next page repeats this in a graph. I was initially irritated by this “error” until I saw the silver bis-nitrotetrazole name and molecule in PATR, V9, pT138, and then assumed that silver might actually have a valence of two. Good for performance, good for price.

Maybe due to the names?
Argent....Hydr Argent (HydrAgentum) (hence the Hg symbol)
Silver...Quick Silver
Silver...kwik Silver
Ag...Hg the typo can also be made quite fast :)

For the rest valence can be set to other values but the expected AgII, or other would be extreemly oxydant...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Zinc
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 11:55

My favorite primary is and always has been AP.

snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 17-1-2019 at 23:38

Last relevant post was in 2008....
Any new 'favorite primarys' ?

Im interrested in BNCP. I have made it a couple of times.

It is not really sensitive towards impact and friction. Also not sensitive towards static electricity.
Low density powder (good if you do not make more then 2 grams a time).
Non toxic

On the other side it has some drawbacks:
Time consuming, multi step synthesis.
Needs good confinement in a detonator in orde too work properly

[Edited on 18-1-2019 by snooby]

[Edited on 18-1-2019 by snooby]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 19-1-2019 at 12:42

I estimate, that best choice for reliable detonation of some secondary EM, is Silver Acetylide - Double salt. In todays times = SA-DS. Non-toxic, easy readyable. Diluted weak HNO3, Ag, Calcium Carbide. And as bonus pretty nice reaction. But I not use it. I use Tetraamine copper perchlorate-hexamine clathrate.
Shortly CHP. About CHP you can tick cigarette without consequences. If is not in cavity. With SA-DS is impossible it.....:cool:

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-1-2019 at 21:31

LL good reply. But I think small crystals of AGNiPerchlorate is less sensitive than SADS, and so so much more powerful. Wow.

I owe this to tetrazolelvr. He’s the man. You need to try this stuff LL.. it’s the most addictive EM :)

A lot of improvements can be made in modifying the crystal size, shock gel, grinding (underwater, safely).
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-1-2019 at 09:32

I do want to say. All of us in the EM community owe LL a huge thanks. CHP is revolutionary, it bridges the gap between primaries and secondaries.. and IMHO, not really a need for primaries anymore... only for microcaps.

A big thanks to LL!!
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-1-2019 at 11:52

Ho Hoooo,......Very thanks. Ingenious sentence: CHP is revolutionary, it bridges the gap between primaries and secondaries.
It could be described into stone!......:cool:
Well, aminoguanidine nickel perchlorate. Maybe will examinated.

[Edited on 24-1-2019 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
FeedMe94
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-3-2019 at 08:58

I want to try both CHP and Aminoguanidine Nickel Perchlorate since SADS and AP are a bit scary :D
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-3-2019 at 10:07

Anytime, when I manipulate with SADS, I am prayer to God. Anytime when is manipulate with CHP, I smoke and knocking ashes around own, without any pray.......:D....LL

snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-3-2019 at 12:10

Does some people have experience with Aminog-niperchlorate? Seems easy to make, but how sensitive is it?

Edit: i looked for info about this one, but I cannot find any info about this primary. Can someone post a link to a patent?
Edit: sorry, found it.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/files.php?pid=463240&...

[Edited on 28-3-2019 by snooby]

[Edited on 28-3-2019 by snooby]
Simoski
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 05:26

I've only ever synthesised 2, acetone peroxide and HMTD.

I prefer HMTD as it feels less likely to jump up and eat my face off.

What is CHP?

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 12:13

CHP is a relatively new energy material invented 4 years ago. Its behavior is something between primary and secondary properties. It requires a solid metal cavity for reliable operation. It is less sensitive to friction. Loose in the air, or only weakly burned in a weak container without detonation. It is a mixture of TACP = teraamine copper perchlorate with admixture of hexamine, usually 4-8%. Preferably 6%....:cool:...LL
However, in slow heating in aluminium foil, in 8 layers of amount about 200 mg is detonation sure always.....:cool:...LL

MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 23:46

CHP is great. I take 200mg orally in gelatin capsules daily. Gives pep to my step. Also deepens the tone of music and keeps my thyroid on my toes! My T levels shot up from 577.4 to 3567.88. It’s gives me a glow that the ladies can’t pass up.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2019 at 06:39

What...?..:o...It I must try also.....:D...LL

Simoski
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-4-2019 at 11:52

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
CHP is a relatively new energy material invented 4 years ago. Its behavior is something between primary and secondary properties. It requires a solid metal cavity for reliable operation. It is less sensitive to friction. Loose in the air, or only weakly burned in a weak container without detonation. It is a mixture of TACP = teraamine copper perchlorate with admixture of hexamine, usually 4-8%. Preferably 6%....:cool:...LL
However, in slow heating in aluminium foil, in 8 layers of amount about 200 mg is detonation sure always.....:cool:...LL

: )

So copper haxamine perchlorate CHP.

Kind of like ETN... primary/secondary?

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2019 at 12:21

@..Simoski ,...Yes. For properties of useful is similar. But chemical base formula is diametral different. Closest with properties of CHP is nickel hydrazine nitrate NHN.

twelti
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-4-2019 at 13:09

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
It is a mixture of TACP = teraamine copper perchlorate with admixture of hexamine, usually 4-8%. Preferably 6%....:cool:...LL

Hi LL, can you elaborate. you are able to get it to det by heatshock? 8 layers? i thought it required confinement.

I am wondering about heat shock in general. Is it not a viable alternative to a primary? For example, ETN seems easy to det using heat. is it not possible to make a electrical heater and detonate secondary directly? For example, i remember reading that a large enough amount of even AN can bet detonated by heating. Could one make use a resistive wire (coils) to set it off? I know that is not very precise for some purposes, but it would be very safe. No need for high voltages (EBW) or sensitive primaries. Stray current would not set it off too.
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-4-2019 at 18:24

Best bet would be to follow my ETN NPED protocall. In which the same could be done for CHP. Wrap 200mg of CHP in 8 layers of foil. Take 500mg of CHP in foil, then insert the 200mg of CHP (with the fuse) into the 500mg. Wrap with foil. The 200mg will deflagrate and heat the surrounding 500mg. Works with my ETN recipie, so should work better with CHP! Or. Make a hollow core in the CHP and fill with flash. If compatable. One only needs the imagination!!
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-4-2019 at 12:33

@...twelti....Maybe is time try a new system MineMan-Liptakov initiator. Wrap 200mg CHP + 200 mg ETN (as mixture) in 8 layers of Alu foil. With insered normal resist bridge. And enclose 200 mg ETN ( in thin 3 layers Alu) on some side on this pear bag shape. And Wrap into 8 layers of alu foil again. Can be works maybe. Without thick metal cavity....:cool:...LL....Tomorrow I will try it. Very interest.....:D...LL

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-4-2019 at 11:18

Described MineMan-Liptakov initiator was tested. Unfortunately, burning only.....:cool:...LL

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top