Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Your favorite primary?
twelti
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-4-2019 at 14:23

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Described MineMan-Liptakov initiator was tested. Unfortunately, burning only.....:cool:...LL

Do you know why it didn't work? Why the additional layers (pear shape???)

[Edited on 15-4-2019 by twelti]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 14-4-2019 at 22:31

Because MineMan system require slow heating ETN. It require use some slow thermite in center and ETN around as layer on alu foil. For electric type.
This construction is possible with the fuse easily, but not tested from me.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Simoski
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-4-2019 at 09:39

Thermal shock detonation of ETN.

ETN wrapped in 3 layers alu foil, surrounded by black powder ,light the black powder with a fuse and win...

https://youtu.be/R2SR3nMS9Jw

[Edited on 16-4-2019 by Simoski]

MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2019 at 22:38

Because MineMan system require slow heating ETN. It require use some slow thermite in center and ETN around as layer on alu foil. For electric type.
This construction is possible with the fuse easily, but not tested from me.

LL. It worked without slow heating for me. However 10percent mg and 15-20 percent PP was added to the ETN. It worked nearly every time. May need to wrap electrical tape on outer layer. I think 200mg of flash in the middle works too.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2019 at 01:46

Unfortunately your described mixture not works. Only deflagrated. 2 attepts in solid copper cavity, electric ignition, filling output segment pure ETN 0,25g. And your mixture ETN 0,75g + 0,1g Mg + 0,2g PP. Was pressed on 10 Kg as 3 segments as 3x 0,33g above. With center ignitor.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2019 at 13:13

Huh. What missle is your Mg? Mine was 5um.... I never tried it in a tube, only with foil and electrical tape.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2019 at 21:39

My Mg is grey color, 5 years old. I estimate, that problem is in my Mg. Thanks.

MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-4-2019 at 01:23

Did the copper tube expand at all, bubble, or did it just fizzle?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-4-2019 at 02:07

Copper tube disappeared into sawdust....:D....LL

MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 00:58

Copper tube disappeared into sawdust....:D....LL

Then the test did achieve DDT??? Rather the. Just... D
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 01:43

Not, on metal surface were not any damage. It was only deflagration. Same as from flash powder.

MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 08:35

Not, on metal surface were not any damage. It was only deflagration. Same as from flash powder.

I see. Would have thought it would have kicked the ETN off. It certianly came close. Anyways. CHP is safer and easier than ETN anyways.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 10:11
CHP

Truth. CHP is, in terms of production, simpler than ETN. Much easier. Which must be recognized by anyone who has produced ETN at least once. But the CHP brizance is only 10-20% smaller than for ETN. It is not serious problem. CHP has the ability to initiate any secondary explosive, same as ETN. 1g CHP is as reliable as 0.7g ETN. And another thing. About ETN we know almost everything. But about CHP or TACP little. Which is a serious reason what researching TACP and his mixtures. TACP is ecological. Compared to ETN. What to do with consumed strong acids? I always have a problem with that. But what about ammonia water from the reaction for TACP? Almost no problem. Ammonia water from reaction is possible boil. After evsporate all NH3 we obtain water with CuO + NH4ClO4. Both compound is possible use for next synthesis. Is it almost closure circle of ecological process. Also is possible boil ammonia water and use cooler. And from all compounds in from waste, we create all starts parts again. Which is total closure ecological circle. In terms of production. Process preparation of TACP (and CHP) run simply at temperature 25 C. Nothing cooling, nothing heating. Maybe short drying 10 minute is at 50 C. But is it not condition.
I don't know better and stronger material, than TACP + fuel Dot......:cool:...LL
Even preparation TACP from NH4ClO4 + CuO + Ammonia water in closure container is without smell. Incredible comfort methode.

[Edited on 19-4-2019 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

FeedMe94
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 12:49

Truth. CHP is, in terms of production, simpler than ETN. Much easier. Which must be recognized by anyone who has produced ETN at least once. But the CHP brizance is only 10-20% smaller than for ETN. It is not serious problem. CHP has the ability to initiate any secondary explosive, same as ETN. 1g CHP is as reliable as 0.7g ETN. And another thing. About ETN we know almost everything. But about CHP or TACP little. Which is a serious reason what researching TACP and his mixtures. TACP is ecological. Compared to ETN. What to do with consumed strong acids? I always have a problem with that. But what about ammonia water from the reaction for TACP? Almost no problem. Ammonia water from reaction is possible boil. After evsporate all NH3 we obtain water with CuO + NH4ClO4. Both compound is possible use for next synthesis. Is it almost closure circle of ecological process. Also is possible boil ammonia water and use cooler. And from all compounds in from waste, we create all starts parts again. Which is total closure ecological circle. In terms of production. Process preparation of TACP (and CHP) run simply at temperature 25 C. Nothing cooling, nothing heating. Maybe short drying 10 minute is at 50 C. But is it not condition.
I don't know better and stronger material, than TACP + fuel Dot......:cool:...LL
Even preparation TACP from NH4ClO4 + CuO + Ammonia water in closure container is without smell. Incredible comfort methode.

I cant wait to get AP on my hands. Dr you are teasing us so much :( :o :D
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 13:45

I more than agree! I am surprised though, that sometimes TACP can go off with a small hammer wack, I wish it was less sensitive..... mixing with wax helps. But then how does one DDT?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2019 at 21:08
CHP

I necessary determine exact ratio for wax. Is it fuel. 96 TACP + 4 wax = OB + 0,120. Maybe try only 2% wax + 4% hexamine = OB - 1,51. And try it. Only test show how to works. Some theory is pretty, but the attempt is crucial.

kratomiter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-4-2019 at 01:08

I use SADS + MHN in a plastic straw for small detonators, and p-DDNP for bigger ones. I've used also TACP for big ones, but it requires strong confinement.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 30-6-2019 at 11:51

So you're heating a borderline primary with a borderline secondary in amounts that suffice to function as a detonator? Applause for you sir!
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-6-2019 at 11:56

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
So you're heating a borderline primary with a borderline secondary in amounts that suffice to function as a detonator? Applause for you sir!

I am heating, without flame, two energetics way below their reaction temperatures. We melt cast ETN all the time at that temp and NHN doesn't do anything until you reach passed 200°C. So there is absolutely no chance for anything bad to happen at the temperatures I am reccomending, simple physics and chemistry.:)

FYI here is what I use to heat my composition, also to cook my steaks:) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHYEGPG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b...

[Edited on 30-6-2019 by wessonsmith]

[Edited on 30-6-2019 by wessonsmith]
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 30-6-2019 at 12:09

You didn't mention that when recommending it to the world.

Molten, ETN becomes as sensitive as TATP.

Attachment: LeaseNetal.pdf (295kB)
This file has been downloaded 386 times

[Edited on 30-6-2019 by Tsjerk]
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-6-2019 at 12:24

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
You didn't mention that when recommending it to the world.

Molten, ETN becomes as sensitive as TATP.

[Edited on 30-6-2019 by Tsjerk]

You are correct I will go back and edit my post. I am keenly aware of the sensitivity difference of ETN regarding molten vs solid phase. With my composition, you handle ETN in a solid state before heating and after. So you never need to touch it in the molten state. When I give advice I assume a basic understanding of the energetics that are being used by the user.
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-6-2019 at 12:38

Quote: Originally posted by Simoski  
Thermal shock detonation of ETN.

ETN wrapped in 3 layers alu foil, surrounded by black powder ,light the black powder with a fuse and win...

https://youtu.be/R2SR3nMS9Jw

[Edited on 16-4-2019 by Simoski]

I am reposting this due to a valid point that Tsjerk made. I did not specify when recommending the heating of the composition that I wasn’t using a flame source for heat. Also, there is no need to touch the heated composition until after it has cooled down, thus not interacting with the VERY sensitive molten ETN

Actually, a much simpler method for a thermal shock for ETN is to mix, dry, NHN and ETN together in a 40% NHN / 60% ETN composition and place in your detonator tube and heat at 185°F for 10 min. What you end up with is very powerful and relatively insensitive, for a primary, solid that when lightly confined will detonate with a simple Visco Fuse. The explosive composition has a +.88% oxygen balance. The positive OB% gives the composition added performance.

I use this composition for my firecrackers. My little firecrackers have the power of a #8 detonator without the fragment danger. My M80 size firecrackers are INSANELY powerful, basically twice the power of the old school M80's.

The temperature shown is a MUST. Lower or higher will result in a failed or not as powerful composition due to the excessive or under heating of the ETN. Also, I am NOT using a flame source for my heat. Using a flame to heat energetics is STUPID and everyone should have a basic understanding of that. If you use a flame to heat your energetic you WILL win your Darwin award.

It took some trial and error to get it just right. It's mind blowing how powerful this composition is.:) And since it's based on NHN and ETN it can sit on a shelf for decades and won't react with containers and isn't hygroscopic.

FYI here is what I use to heat my composition, also to cook my steaks:) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHYEGPG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b...
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 03:35

Quote: Originally posted by wessonsmith  
When I give advice I assume a basic understanding of the energetics that are being used by the user.

Assumptions on the Internet :)
I know how this experience ends !

Not only people become pig headed on the Internet but also written communication only passes on 7-8% of what a face to face conversation would.
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 06:01

Quote: Originally posted by Herr Haber  
When I give advice I assume a basic understanding of the energetics that are being used by the user.

Assumptions on the Internet :)
I know how this experience ends !

Not only people become pig headed on the Internet but also written communication only passes on 7-8% of what a face to face conversation would.

To be fair I did say BASIC understanding. If the reader lacks a basic understanding of energetics, they shouldn't be messing with them.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 19:22

[snip] And since it's based on NHN and ETN it can sit on a shelf for decades [snip]

Based on what observation or reported information would you believe that ETN has stability sufficient for decades of storage?

Does the NHN function as a stabilizer for ETN?

Possibly with a stabilizer, perhaps like betaine or cyanoguanidine, such storage stability could be obtained, but pure ETN will discolor and decompose slightly at about 4 years in storage in the tropics.

Generally a mixture like a melt composite will have stability reduced to below the stability of the least stable component alone.

An exception for the case of ETN formed as a melt composite could be the mixture with PETN within the range where there is a cosolubility on fusion that results in a glass on cooling. Such a composite is however insensitive and difficult to initiate, the only advantage really being that it is powerful when it does high order detonate, but suffers the same duality as does blasting gelatin, and can low order detonate unless strongly overdriven at the start.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top