Sciencemadness Discussion Board

We should start local political parties to stop chemophobia and loosen the restrictions against certain chemicals

fusso - 27-10-2018 at 13:30

There are a lot of common and useful chemicals and solvents out there but many of them are restricted/regulated by laws made by dumb and greedy politicians.:mad:
These chemicals include: H2SO4, nitrates & nitrites, halogenated solvents, H2O2, KMnO4, (per)chlorates, P, I2, etc.
Therefore, to loosen the regulations against them, we should first form local organizations to educate our local citizens, then nominate a member in the organization to enter the legislature via elections to change the laws.

[Edited on 181027 by fusso]

Ubya - 27-10-2018 at 13:48

sorry but this is funny, you are simplifying things a bit too much.
first, everybody lives in a different country, laws are different, i can buy 5% hydrofluoric acid in a normal supermarket to remove stains, but i can't buy many things, same for many of us, we would elect 1 of us for every country, plus what would be your agenda? "WE WANT MORE CHEMICALS, CHEMICALS ARE GOOD"?

changing a law is not that easy, your idea sounds like "we should make a nuclear reactor, just mine some ore, extract the uranium, build a few gas centrifuges, put some fuel pellets in a kettle of water and bam we are done, weekend project"

j_sum1 - 27-10-2018 at 14:02