Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Hi, I'm new :)

hacker - 18-12-2018 at 17:31

I have been lurking on this forum for a long time. I am a mediochre chemist and a godlike computer programmer. I am here to help out. :)

I have a kickass lab too. Right now I am researching the reaction between bromine and phenol in cold DCM.

I don't know how much posting I'll be doing, but I am a huge fan.

Hi :)

mayko - 18-12-2018 at 18:34

Welcome aboard! A little surprised "hacker" wasn't taken already, but here we are. Maybe we can see your setup sometime in the Tour My Lab thread :)

hacker - 18-12-2018 at 20:38

Quote: Originally posted by mayko  
Welcome aboard! A little surprised "hacker" wasn't taken already, but here we are. Maybe we can see your setup sometime in the Tour My Lab thread :)

Oh, thank you. Maybe I'll take some pictures :)

j_sum1 - 18-12-2018 at 23:46

Welcome. Settle in. Get used to the place.

And of course, if you have something good to share, go for it. A kick-ass lab sounds nice.

Σldritch - 19-12-2018 at 11:30

I would love to be proven wrong but this sounds like another incarnation of PhDChemist.

fusso - 19-12-2018 at 11:44

Quote: Originally posted by Σldritch  
I would love to be proven wrong but this sounds like another incarnation of PhDChemist.
Can PhD code?

MrHomeScientist - 19-12-2018 at 13:45

Nah, this doesn't fit his style. My finely-tuned PhD-dar is reading negative.

Welcome to the forum!

hacker - 19-12-2018 at 22:01

Heh. I am not PhDChemist. I have seen his naturopathic pseudo-science before. I hope I don't sound at all like that?

I just extracted some aspirin from pills with acetone. The filtration was a nightmare. Next time, I will try methanol.

Σldritch - 20-12-2018 at 04:49

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
Quote: Originally posted by Σldritch  
Can PhD code?

He can certainly pretend to.

Anyway i guess saying welcome does not hurt anyway. Welcome, i hope you will have fun here. You will find lots of paranoid people here, some more justified than others.

WangleSpong5000 - 22-12-2018 at 15:15

Hi :)

This place is just... bloody awesome...

Have fun!

phlogiston - 22-12-2018 at 16:41

Quote: Originally posted by hacker  
Heh. I am not PhDChemist. I have seen his naturopathic pseudo-science before. I hope I don't sound at all like that?

I just extracted some aspirin from pills with acetone. The filtration was a nightmare. Next time, I will try methanol.

You don't sound like PhDChemist, but you could be a little more humble about your coding skills, even if they are indeed god-like.

Methanol may work. I used ethanol and added water to precipitate aspirin, which worked well.

hacker - 22-12-2018 at 22:30

Quote: Originally posted by phlogiston  
Quote: Originally posted by hacker  

You don't sound like PhDChemist, but you could be a little more humble about your coding skills, even if they are indeed god-like.

Methanol may work. I used ethanol and added water to precipitate aspirin, which worked well.

I am actually, really, phenomenally, extraordinarily good at programming.

I extracted about 750 grams of aspirin from five bottles of pills with acetone. I do not think I removed all of the binders. I will convert the aspirin to phenol now.

lordcookies24 - 6-1-2019 at 13:59

who is phd, i heard about him before but still

XeonTheMGPony - 6-1-2019 at 14:24

Quote: Originally posted by lordcookies24  
who is phd, i heard about him before but still

A long running troll with more sock puppet accounts then grains of sand and an equal amount of mental health issues and refuses to take his medications.

It is a shame as with medication and counseling they may be an interesting individual.

BOBardment - 6-1-2019 at 16:04

HTML Hacker NO.1!!!!!
(Any programmer/ethical hacker should get this joke)