Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Adrenaline Usage and Preparation

hellfire23 - 22-3-2009 at 18:45

I know this post probably won't merit much info considering my post count, but I'll try.

I have recently acquired 5g of Adrenaline. I have always had an interest in it. How much would I inject myself with to get a rush? The reason I ask this is not because I am an adrenaline junky, it's because as of late my adrenaline has stopped working. I was in a fight 2 weeks ago and it didn't kick in whatsoever. If you won't tell me how much to inject, that's perfectly understood.

Anyway would there be a reason as to why my adrenaline is not working?

Does anyone have a synthesis for adrenaline?
I have heard of Adrenalone---->Adrenaline.

kclo4 - 22-3-2009 at 19:52

I'd try to find an adrenaline syringe - I think you can probably buy them offline, and I know a place in my city for kids to play around and exercise in has one in case of an allergic reaction or an asthma attack.

I don't think injecting it is going to help anything however, I also don't think it "stopped working" because adrenaline has a lot of other functions then just to get you going.

You'd have to some how reduce the ketone of adrenalone to an OH group to be adrenaline. I have no idea how you'd do that.

"Aqueous preparations of adrenaline are obtained by use of hydrochloric acid or tartaric acid, because in the absence of acid medium, it undergoes oxidation."

[Edited on 23-3-2009 by kclo4]

Tsjerk - 23-3-2009 at 03:10

If your adrenaline has ''stopped'' working you should see a Physiologist instead of start shooting adrenaline.

Nicodem - 23-3-2009 at 04:29

Quote: Originally posted by hellfire23  
I know this post probably won't merit much info considering my post count, but I'll try.

I have recently acquired 5g of Adrenaline. I have always had an interest in it. How much would I inject myself with to get a rush? The reason I ask this is not because I am an adrenaline junky, it's because as of late my adrenaline has stopped working. I was in a fight 2 weeks ago and it didn't kick in whatsoever. If you won't tell me how much to inject, that's perfectly understood.

Anyway would there be a reason as to why my adrenaline is not working?

Does anyone have a synthesis for adrenaline?
I have heard of Adrenalone---->Adrenaline.

I don't know how serious this post is, but suggesting that something as toxic as adrenaline can be injected by oneself is irresponsible to say the least!
If a patient would be in a medical state where an injection of adrenaline would be appropriate, (s)he would most likely be unconscious due to cardiac arrest or anaphylactic shock.
What is that nonsense about "adrenaline not working"? If your adrenal gland completely stops working, you would soon be dead due to an extreme case of blood glucose concentration drop.
And what is that even more irresponsible sentence about injecting adrenaline "to get a rush"? Adrenaline is extremely toxic if injected. A couple of miligrams can kill an adult. Your kewlish way of posting makes it look like it is psychoactive or something as dumb as that, therefore encouraging people do involuntarily commit suicide with it. A three minute literature search would have tell you that adrenaline is not a psychoactive drug, but a hormone which is very toxic if injected.

Sauron - 23-3-2009 at 05:54

Adrenaline aka epinephrine is used to self treat acute anaphelactic shock,

I have a friend who is acutely allergic to pepper and paprika and carries on his person a couple of prescription epinephrine injectors for the all to frequent occasions when restaurants do not heed his written instructions to exclude pepper and paprika from his food.

If he waits too long to administer, the consequences can be life threatening.

But as an abuse drug or to improve ones street combat? Get real.

not_important - 23-3-2009 at 07:35

Perhaps inviting the tax man in to audit you would give you the needed boost in adrenaline. Or enlist in the U.S. military as i sounds as if your daily life has become too boring, and they seem to have a talent to be in unboring places.

As Sauron has noted, a 0.1 to 0.5 mg dose in an autoinjector is used for self treatment to prevent anaphelactic shock; after so doing emergency medical treatment should be obtained within 20 minutes. Doses as large as 1 mg are given for treatment for shock, this to a basically unconscious patient.

-=HeX=- - 30-12-2009 at 17:00

So are you all saying that if I was to, for example, stick myself with that EpiPen I was given by a mate I could keel over dead?

And IIRC the belief Adrenaline is psychoactive is thanks to the video game 'Left for dead 2' where one can inject adrenalin to get a 'boost' of super speed shite. Just like the painkillers stop you from dying as fast.

-=HeX=- - 30-12-2009 at 17:57

Entropy - I NEVER said it was psychoactive! I never started this thread! I merely stated where I thought the MYTH about its psychactivity came from!

I ONLY read it as a friend handed me an Epi-Pen and I was thinking 'Well what the fuck do I do with this?' and I often hear idiots say using them would give a 'mad buzz'.

And calling me a dumb-ass...

REAL MATURE.

Look mate, I am a chemist, an energetics chemist at that. A rather well known one. SO I really don't appreciate it when I am here, on a board I have lurked for years, I dare make a post trying to inject some levity into a thread and then BOOM some long term member abuses me.

For the record, I have NO plans to inject myself with an Epi Pen as I do have a heart defect.

-=HeX=- - 30-12-2009 at 18:47

If I could be as great a man as Nobel, I would be satisfied that I had done something worthwhile. But he was a greater man than I - He found his invention in a thing as simple as diatomaceous earth,

Injecting levity is what people do when they see something truly irresponsible - I was also pointing out the source of the myth in recent times.

And as for the drugs thing... Mixed bag there. If said 'friend' happens to be the paramedic after an accident... And the drug is morphine... I will be screaming 'YES PLEASE'. However in other circumstances, your advice is VERY wise. The Epi-Pen is destined to be taken apart, refilled with another toxic material and put away as another utterly pointless, but interesting, weapon.

chochu3 - 31-12-2009 at 09:52

Bunch of pointless posts. Couldn't both of yall have just flamed each other thru U2U and made all that racket in private to one another?

Eliteforum - 31-12-2009 at 10:40

Best to avoid pumping yourself full of drugs you haven't a clue about for a "rush".. But then again, what do I care if you live or die? Happy Holidays!

vulture - 1-1-2010 at 03:06

Quote:

So are you all saying that if I was to, for example, stick myself with that EpiPen I was given by a mate I could keel over dead?

If you're unlucky enough to have a faulty ventricle or some other minor undetected heart condition, certainly yes. If not, it can still cause potentially lethal heart rythm deviations.

The rush associated with extreme risk behaviour is probably more a result of the release of endorphines after the effects of adrenaline have worn off. A safer way to experience this rush is to take up endurance sports.

-=HeX=- - 2-1-2010 at 06:39

Ok I know Wiki is not exactly the best resource, but I fond this interesting:

"Adrenaline is a powerful action, "fight or flight", hormone and also plays a central role in the short-term stress reaction. It is released from the adrenal glands when danger threatens or in an emergency, hence an Adrenaline rush. Such triggers may be threatening, exciting, or environmental stressor conditions such as high noise levels, or bright light and high ambient temperature"

Is it possible that such conditions, found in nightclubs and such, are responsible in part for the 'buzz' that clubbers enjoy? High noise levels - Definately, Bright light (strobe lights) - Almost normally yes, and high ambient temperature is also the norm due to shitty ventilation, lots of body heat, etc. Often my club going friends have to step outside for some time to 'cool off' which leads me to believe that the ambient temp is rather high (I personally avoid nightclubs, waste of time and money). Or is that 'buzz' just from the MDMA or alcohol :P

I recall when I was seeing a counsellor (not of choice, due to police and parents thinking I had problems) in my younger years he told me about how when he runs he experiences a 'high' known as the 'runners high' due to dopamine release. I think this is the 'buzz' most mistake for an adrenaline rush - in my experience an adrenaline rush is that scary thing where my senses sharpen ans I make extremely fast choices while something is either trying to harm me, or while I think something could harm me - like when on collision course with a tree on a quad bike. Perhaps people are mixing the two up?

Finally, see this:
Adverse reactions to epinephrine include palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmia, anxiety, headache, tremor, hypertension, and acute pulmonary edema.
I think that sums up the risks of injecting adrenaline, as we all know, pulmonary edema is NOT healthy, especially not acute edema... nor are the other things.

Glucose Oxidase - 3-1-2013 at 11:32

as a matter of fact adrenaline ---> high pulse rate ----> lactic acid build up in cardiac muscle -----> irreversible heart arrest
a better idea to kill your self is to inject yourself with potassium chloride "Fast , Irreversible" :P you wont even survive till the syringe is empty .:P

The Real Talk: don't inject yourself with any thing with high molecular weight (a better thing is to not inject yourself with anything) or your heart will stop

Adas - 4-1-2013 at 03:55

I had the misfortune to experience severe mental shock. I have never had so much adrenaline in my blood. My pulse rose to 140 and I thought that I might get a heart attack every second and my mouth was dry. I was breathing very fast. It was a very unpleasant experience. I have too much adrenaline in my life sometimes... But luckily my heart is OK so nothing bad happened.

The good thing about it was, that the adrenaline had completely changed my thoughts so I no longer thought about the event that caused my shock. After that, I felt mentally very good even though what happened. But my body was shaking for like 2 hours after that.