Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Nice Craigslist haul!

crazyboy - 6-9-2010 at 13:51

I was browsing Craigslist a few days ago and found a school about forty minutes away selling lab equipment. I went there and it turns out they were receiving donations and had too much stuff. Everything was one dollar each except the balance which was $50 and the candy thermometers and 10 Erlenmeyer flasks which were free.

The box contains nine heating mantles of various sizes and in varying conditions. (Also $1 each!)

I think I did pretty good for about $75.

Mr. Wizard - 6-9-2010 at 15:32

That's a nice haul for $75. Good job. Are those red things heaters or mixers or both? There's many a good deals for those who look.

BTW did you know you can cut steel with that chop saw and a metal cutting blade? Lots of sparks, but does a nice job.

crazyboy - 6-9-2010 at 16:02

Thanks, the mantles only heat, two of them have adjustable heating and the rest just plug into a socket. No I didn't know that but now that I think about it it isn't surprising. I have a bandsaw for cutting metal.

spong - 7-9-2010 at 01:21

That's awesome! I wish places around here would give supplies away like that, my highschool didn't even have heating mantles, let alone RBFs to heat in them :P

smaerd - 7-9-2010 at 11:13

Nice finds :)

[Edited on 8-9-2010 by smaerd]

peach - 7-9-2010 at 11:54

NICE!

Some useful bounty there for $75. ;)

kuro96inlaila - 8-9-2010 at 07:49

Wow,you're lucky to get all the things with that price!;)