Sciencemadness Discussion Board

OC experiments that can be done without lab

ipwn - 26-3-2019 at 18:38

Hello,

can someone tell me about Organic Chemistry experiments that can be done without lab equipment?

experiments that can be usefull in our day lives?

Thanks

j_sum1 - 26-3-2019 at 21:09

A question this vague will get a vague answer.

Yes. It can be done.

Please take the time to read around on this board and get used to the etequitte before posting new threads. A very large number of common, specific questions have been discussed and answered in detail. A very large number of vague questions are impossible to answer: such as the several that you have posed. We tend to put such threads in a special place called Detritus where they can be forgotten appropriately.

ipwn - 26-3-2019 at 21:27

sorry if its similar to another topic...

my question:
can you refer whats the name of the experiments that can be done without equipment?

can you give practical examples?

also,if you can give link for similar topic..

Thanks

Ubya - 27-3-2019 at 01:20

still vague, without equipment, you mean nothing at all like just your bare hands? or just not anything like beakers, flasks, hotplates etc?
anyway, yes you can do a few organic chemistry experiments without lab equipment, but you still need something, something found in a normal kitchen for example.
to start try Saponification of vegetable oil, there are many tutorials everyehere on the web, not just this website

OldNubbins - 27-3-2019 at 03:20

Select the text shown below in blue. Right click and select the option I have highlighted in yellow for you.

Capture.PNG - 13kB

Herr Haber - 27-3-2019 at 04:32

Well, it can be done of course.
That's how I started chemistry years ago.

I took pepper and salt from the kitchen, the treasure chest from my action figures to mix it all in with water and voilà !

I was six.

Boffis - 4-4-2019 at 12:09

@ipwn: Have you seen this book? It describes a lot of chemistry that can be done at home and how to make the equipment from stuff around the average home.

The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments by R Brent.

It is easily downloaded from various online site.

ipwn - 27-4-2019 at 20:41

Quote: Originally posted by Boffis  
@ipwn: Have you seen this book? It describes a lot of chemistry that can be done at home and how to make the equipment from stuff around the average home.

The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments by R Brent.

It is easily downloaded from various online site.

can you give more book examples?

what organic compounds can be easily synthesized without equipment or basic equipment that can be easily obtained?

Thanks

j_sum1 - 27-4-2019 at 22:27

Ipwn, you keep asking vague questions.
There is no such thing as "no equipment". A coffee mug is equipment. A candle flame is equipment.

I am rather fond of the Maillard reaction. It is the formation of various imines from reducing sugars and compounds with an amine group at temperatures exceeding 140°C. It is relatively straightforward to do.
You need a hot metal surface. A little triglyceride oil aids heat transfer. The simplest reagents to use contain a mixture of amino acids and glycogen for the sugar. A 1 inch porterhouse steak is excellent. Heat for four minutes on each side being careful to keep the surface temperature above 140. Add a little NaCl and some dried crushed berries containing piperidine. Anything that tastes delicious is the desired product.

WangleSpong5000 - 1-5-2019 at 07:26

Heterogenous mixtures of low explosives

chemplayer... - 2-5-2019 at 02:07

Damn right the Maillard is definitely a good reaction to do in the kitchen preferably with a bottle of red or two...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/yT4fPu8Ykk4y/