Sciencemadness Discussion Board

UNBELIEVABLY CHEAP microscopes

Sulaiman - 13-6-2019 at 07:39

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AmScope-40X-2500X-Binocular-Lab-Com...

Probably a typo or scam.
sometimes one gets lucky ?

wg48temp9 - 13-6-2019 at 08:40

If you do buy one don't forget if it does not arrive you have to tell ebay within 3 months or you can not get your money back. That is true for ebay uk probably the same for the ebay.com site.

Tsjerk - 13-6-2019 at 09:21

I ordered one, perfectly fine if doesn't arrive.

SWIM - 13-6-2019 at 09:37

Just bought one for $9.99 with free shipping from somebody else.

I reckon maybe some microscope maker went under and these are liquidation items.

The fact that anything that size can be sold in eastern Asia to a buyer in California for that price is shocking, but I could use a microscope for examining fungal spores.

happyfooddance - 13-6-2019 at 09:51

Thanks for the heads-up, Sulaiman! I ordered one, will let y'all know what's up when it arrives.

I love these ebay gambles. Sometimes you win big, but you never lose if you use buyer protection.

Tsjerk - 13-6-2019 at 10:00

Quote: Originally posted by SWIM  
Just bought one for $9.99 with free shipping from somebody else.

I reckon maybe some microscope maker went under and these are liquidation items.

The fact that anything that size can be sold in eastern Asia to a buyer in California for that price is shocking, but I could use a microscope for examining fungal spores.

Who is someone else? I tried to order a second one from the first seller but I got the message I could only buy one every ten days.

WYSIWYG - 13-6-2019 at 10:07

@Tsjerk: honm58 has it for $9.99. They're new and their feedback looks fake.
There's another seller (from Pakistan) selling the same 'scope for $12, but that's clearly a scam - most of their positive feedback is for $0.01 sales of images sent by email.
This Chinese seller might actually be legit. They also have a very cheap variable power supply, soldering station, vacuum pump and inverter-welder.

SWIM - 13-6-2019 at 10:08

I bought from the cheaper of these two.
There were also several people selling the same scope for well over $100

[Edited on 13-6-2019 by SWIM]

Sulaiman - 13-6-2019 at 10:33

My house sale hence migration has hit contractual problems so delayed ... indefinitely for now.
So I ordered one of the $9.99 'scopes and offered $11 for one from the other supplier...
if the offer is fake then there will be a few of us disappointed a little,
if its true then there may be many members upset that they missed an
UNBELIEVABLE bargain..

.... I just got SWIMs redP joke :D:D:D:D:D

P.S. my $11 offer was accepted ... now I have two microscopes on order :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: the $9.99 microscope is now flagged as 'dispatched' :D
... but no tracking :(

[Edited on 14-6-2019 by Sulaiman]

Pseudoscience - 13-6-2019 at 10:37

I was reading that sellers feedback a lot of it is negative as in its a scam and all the positive feedback is from accounts with broken English and low feedback counts. I’m almost certain it’s a scam

Twospoons - 13-6-2019 at 17:43

The usual rule applies - " if it seems too good to be true ...."

XeonTheMGPony - 13-6-2019 at 17:56

for 20 bucks well worth the risk (Canukistanian dollars (Canada))

besides money back guarantee from ebay not even that much of a risk.

Ordered one, see what happens

Twospoons - 13-6-2019 at 21:10

The asking price is less than what it would cost to ship the thing. Its clearly a scam. I have better things to do than chase Ebay for a refund, while losing money on the currency conversion.

woelen - 13-6-2019 at 22:54

It most likely is too good to be true, but I ordered one. You can never lose more than $13 or so with this.

Sometimes you can get really lucky on eBay. The best thing I had was 200 grams of NH4ReO4 for just GBP 25. At that time I also thought it would be either a scam, or some fake salt, but I received the real thing for that amazing price (did quite some tests on the material I received), so I was lucky.

Another one was less lucky. I found an offer of 5 Raspberry PI 3B's for just EUR 40 for the whole lot. This indeed was fake. After payment, one day later, the offer was gone and the seller had nothing listed anymore. A few days later I received a message from PayPal that my payment was rejected by the recipient and the money was transferred back to my account.

happyfooddance - 13-6-2019 at 22:55

Quote: Originally posted by Twospoons  
The asking price is less than what it would cost to ship the thing. Its clearly a scam. I have better things to do than chase Ebay for a refund, while losing money on the currency conversion.

Getting a paypal (not eBay) refund on a bunk product takes about a minute. Never had a problem, never had a question asked, never had to send a picture, never had to send anything back.

Like was mentioned, the fact that many of these same models went up around the same time likely indicates liquidation. I have many times gotten nice things from China for about the cost of shipping.

Edit:
Also, what kind of scammer limits themselves to 1 scam per customer every ten days?

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
I tried to order a second one from the first seller but I got the message I could only buy one every ten days.

[Edited on 6-14-2019 by happyfooddance]

Pseudoscience - 14-6-2019 at 02:15

I’ve ordered one, Now we wait

Sulaiman - 14-6-2019 at 02:46

Ignoring for now the distinct probability that this is an eBay scam;
the microscope has a x100 1.25 N.A. objective, and 25x eyepieces, for a maximum magnification of 2500x !

A question for microscopists :
assuming that the lenses (objective and eyepiece) are what is specified,
(magnification factor and N.A.) and diffraction limited,
what would be the highest usable magnification ?
(I don't have a 'feel' for microscopes, e.g. for telescopes I consider x50 magnification per inch of objective aperture the point where more magnification just increaseses the fuzziness)

Ubya - 14-6-2019 at 03:16

Quote: Originally posted by Sulaiman  
Ignoring for now the distinct probability that this is an eBay scam;
the microscope has a x100 1.25 N.A. objective, and 25x eyepieces, for a maximum magnification of 2500x !

(I don't have a 'feel' for microscopes, e.g. for telescopes I consider x50 magnification per inch of objective aperture the point where more magnification just increaseses the fuzziness)

my best friend got a €500 microscope a while back, and we used it quite a lot.
when sellers advertise for huge magnifications (ex x2500) it's just words, huge magnification but without any quality. at x1000 you already need oil immersion, 2500 is not realistic.
one could get higher magnification by just combining the right eyepiece and lens, but the image quality is another story.

Morgan - 14-6-2019 at 03:53

Probably a typo or scam.

I was looking at the other items for sale from that seller. Give that a look and what impression do you come away with?

XeonTheMGPony - 14-6-2019 at 04:37

Quote: Originally posted by Morgan  

Probably a typo or scam.

I was looking at the other items for sale from that seller. Give that a look and what impression do you come away with?

Gives me an impression of a liquidated Chinese assembly barn

[Edited on 14-6-2019 by XeonTheMGPony]

Velzee - 14-6-2019 at 05:00

Yes, indeed, the highest reasonable and usable microscopic magnification is around 1000x, though however, 1250x have been used as well. Beyond that, light diffracts so much that the image is too distorted, or any further details aren’t resolved further, and requires something like oil immersion, like Ubya mentioned.

[Edited on 6/14/2019 by Velzee]

Tsjerk - 14-6-2019 at 06:55

I would say anything above 600x (10x eye piece / 60x objective) needs oil immersion, usually these objectives are 100x, as this is the maximum realistic magnification even with oil immersion. The wavelength of light that does not destroy your samples just doesn't allow magnification behond 1000x, 1250x is already a stretch.

There are some tricks to gain resolution beyond the diffraction limit, like PALM and STORM, but none of them uses lenses to magnify beyond 1000x, just because it doesn't make sense. The PALM microscope I used actually only used lenses up to 100x (10x times 10x) as those lenses are easier to make with a N.A. close to 1.50 (theoretical maximum quality), the super resolution is obtained mathematically.

Edit: when you want quality images you don't go for the highest magnification, you go for the highest N.A. Doing differently is like converting a Chinese cinema camera recording of a movie to 4K quality... yes it has a lot of pixels, but they are a lot of pixels of fuzz. Magnification can be done later on your computer.

Edit2: on the PALM we would look for nice cells and a visual reference picture at 600x and then switch to 100x for the actual PALM.

[Edited on 14-6-2019 by Tsjerk]

[Edited on 14-6-2019 by Tsjerk]

Morgan - 14-6-2019 at 07:30

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
Quote: Originally posted by Morgan  

Probably a typo or scam.

Gives me an impression of a liquidated Chinese assembly barn

[Edited on 14-6-2019 by XeonTheMGPony]

I guess it could be legit but take the first other items offered for example,
NOTICE: THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD BY WEIGHT - NOT BY VOLUME. YOU WILL RECEIVE 16 POUNDS OF TOTAL RAW MATERIAL. THE RESIN, NOR THE HARDENER IS FILLED TO THE TOP OF THE BOTTLES
EPOXY RESIN 5-2 Gallon kits Clear Gloss Coating for Crafts & Table Tops
It's $2.89 and free shipping. How much profit would they make shipping that?

Some of the items like mannequins and gaming chairs seem kind of bulky items to ship even when broken down. 5 bucks total for the 6 foot male mannequin and gaming chair $6.48 and free shipping as well.

The microscope for $13.66 has a shipping weight of 13 pounds.

799 pcs Tool Set Standard Metric Mechanics Kit with Trolley Case Box
This one all for ten dollars. You get a bunch of small items but a lot of screwdrivers, ratchet and wrench set as well if true. Kind of beats Harbor Freight prices.

Contents:
Tray A:
1 x Installation Screwdriver 6*125-
2 x insulation screwdriver 4*100±
2 x screwdrivers 6*38±
2 x screwdrivers 3*75±
2 x screwdrivers 4*100±
2 x screwdrivers 5*75±
2 x screwdrivers 6*100±
1 x screwdriver 8*150+
1 x ratchet wrench
6 x precision screwdrivers
48 x bits
1 x Pressure Gauge
16 x Hex Key
1 x Tester
1 x Extension Bar

Tray B:
1 x Installation Tape
1 x 8’’stripping wire plier
1 x scissors
1 x glue gun
2 x glue
1 x measuring tape
1 x utility knife
1 x claw hammer
2 x nylon clamp
1 x level
136 x hardware box

Tray C:
1 x ratchet wrench 1/4’’
1 x ratchet wrench 1/2’’
1 x sockets holder
1 x 1/4’’ flexible extension bar 6’’
1 x 1/4’’ extension bar 4’’
1 x 1/4’’ extension bar 2’’
1 x 1/4 universal joint
1 x 1/4 slipping bar 4.5’’ with head
15 x 1/4"sockets:4-4.5-5-5.5-6-6.5-7-7.5-8-9-10-11-12-13-14mm
2 x 1/2"plug spark socket 16-21mm
1 x 1/2"universal joint
1 x 1/2"extension bar 10"with head
1 x 1/2"extension bar 5“
14 x 1/2”sockets: 8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-30mm

Tray D:
9 x combination wrench: 8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-17mm
1 x 6"side cutting plier
1 x 6"long nose plier
1 x 9"water pump plier
1 x 6"adjustable wrench
1 x 6"joint plier
1 x aluminum case
4 x blow case with Shrink Wrapping
500 x cable ties 2.5*100mm
2 x gloves

Features:
Premium quality of 799 pieces mechanic kit box case trolley
Useful and helpful tool set at hands
Tools are made of premium carbon steel
2 pair of gloves as a gift
Specification:
SKU: 3040600100
Color: Silver
Tools Material: Carbon Steel
Trolley Material: Aluminum
Overall Dimension: 15"*8.7"*20"(38*22*52cm)

[Edited on 14-6-2019 by Morgan]

Herr Haber - 14-6-2019 at 16:24

Look at the feedback. It's clearly a scam :(

Ubya - 14-6-2019 at 22:16

Quote: Originally posted by Herr Haber  
Look at the feedback. It's clearly a scam :(

well, ebay is going to refund a few peoples :')

wg48temp9 - 15-6-2019 at 02:37

I guess the scam is to offer items at very attractive prices. Then send fake dispatch data to the buyers.

I assume ebay pays the seller before the item is delivered. Because of the long delivery times from China, it allows the seller to accumulates lots of sales before the negative feedback and none delivery stops the sales.

The seller then terminates his account and disappears preventing ebay or paypal from snatching back any money.

Sadly I was enticed to buy too but in my defense I have got my money back from ebay in a similar scam.

As its already been said if its too good to be true it usual is.

Herr Haber - 15-6-2019 at 04:24

I have never had a problem I couldnt solve with Ebay's or Paypal's people.
True, I spend a lot on eBay, have a small store and... have been using the platform since 97.

I dont know if they take any of this into account during our interactions but I cant think of a problem they didnt solve in my favor.
They admitted having access to eBay's mail system, so as long as you are honest and tried to solve the problem with the seller they will side with you.

I recently got a (crappy) usb microscope that the seller couldnt provide the software that was advertised with for free.
A good microscope would be a great help...

j_sum1 - 15-6-2019 at 04:47

I bought one on the off-chance. Not the same link as above but same product by different seller.
Including tax it came to less than 15 localbucks. It is not too big a risk, although I am expecting I will probably be pushing for a refund in a few weeks,

Incidentally, while browsing I saw several iterations of the same product: prices up to $576. If it is liquidation then folks out there are onselling and hoping to make a killing.

trivia ...

Sulaiman - 15-6-2019 at 06:01

. my second microscope has now also been flagged as shipped ... no tracking

. the model B020C microscope pictured in the eBay offers
has the same serial number as the B1020C in photographs on the AmScope website

. the exact same generic DIN set of four objectives is priced at £48.72 on eBay uk

..... good luck to all of us that took the gamble .....

Morgan - 15-6-2019 at 06:22

I once walked in a thrift store and they had a couple dozen microscopes that were used for high school students. They were heavy but not all that powerful and no light, but I bought one for 5 dollars. Just coarse and fine focus.

diddi - 15-6-2019 at 16:36

i have ebay dispatch notification for mine... now the wait. scope or refund from ebay??

Morgan - 15-6-2019 at 18:03

Does anyone have an idea how much the actual list price is for that microscope? A few reviews and how to report a suspected fraud account is shown below. Seems odd that the listings haven't been shut down. Would ebay lose money having to possibly refund buyers or can they hold payments on accounts by retracting payment somehow, say not actually letting the seller have money until the delivery day is met, through the credit card system? Or maybe they just eat the losses on small insured buys?

Reviews on our seller ...
FAKE ACCOUNT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SELLER NEEDS REPORTING THIEF SCAM i***t ( 754Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999) During past month
36 Rolls 1.9"x110 Yards(330' ft) Box Carton Sealing Packing Package Tape Clear & (#323744686137) US $0.99

Never shipped 0***0 ( 1716Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past month
Video Computer Racing Gaming Chair w/ Footrest Office Recline Leather Back Seat (#323817384257) US $6.48

How to avoid seller fraud
Any attempt by sellers to misrepresent themselves, or the products they're selling, is seller fraud. Here are some warning signs to look out for:

Short duration listings: Fraudulent sellers often want to close a deal quickly. The longer their listing is on eBay, the greater their chances of being caught – so be cautious when you see one-day listings. However, there are valid exceptions to this, such as tickets to an event happening soon

Heavily discounted or sold-out items: Be wary if a seller has lots of high-value items at suspiciously low prices, or a stock of hard-to-find goods that are sold out everywhere else. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is

Off-eBay contact or payment: eBay Messages is the safest way to contact other members. Always be careful if a seller asks for your personal contact details, such as an email address or phone number. They may be trying to get you to complete a purchase off eBay, for example by paying cash or transferring money to an overseas account. This is against our policy, and your purchase wouldn't be covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee

Unsafe payment methods: We don't allow some payment methods on eBay because the payment can't be traced or recovered if there's a problem. You shouldn't go ahead with a transaction if a seller asks you to pay using a method that's not included in our Accepted payments policy

What to do if you suspect a seller is fraudulent
If you think you're dealing with a fraudulent seller, report it to us as soon as possible. We'll look into it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/av...

[Edited on 16-6-2019 by Morgan]

Morgan - 16-6-2019 at 07:16

From the AmScope site
40X-2500X LED Lab Binocular Compound Microscope with 3D-Stage
B120C
$429.99 Reduced to $214.99
https://www.amscope.com/instantsearchplus/result/?q=b120c

XeonTheMGPony - 16-6-2019 at 17:32

well I got a "Tracking Number" Yet to see if it actually shows as shipped soon

Pseudoscience - 16-6-2019 at 22:51

Yep I’ve also got it “dispatched” with a China post tracking number

j_sum1 - 16-6-2019 at 22:53

I received no tracking number. I looked at feedback and it was 14 identical comments on a dress. My seller is a new ebay member with a name composed of what could be randomised letters.

I contacted ebay to let them know I was suspicious. I got a reply that seemed to be from an actual person. They thanked me but said they will not intervene until the expected due date has passed. Then I am entitled to a refund which they will do directly if there is no response from the seller.

I guess they are carrying the risk here. I will either end up with a cheap scope or effectively lose 6 weeks interest on fifteen bucks. The bigger concern is getting a defective or poor quality item.

Pseudoscience - 16-6-2019 at 22:59

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  
I received no tracking number. I looked at feedback and it was 14 identical comments on a dress. My seller is a new ebay member with a name composed of what could be randomised letters.

I contacted ebay to let them know I was suspicious. I got a reply that seemed to be from an actual person. They thanked me but said they will not intervene until the expected due date has passed. Then I am entitled to a refund which they will do directly if there is no response from the seller.

I guess they are carrying the risk here. I will either end up with a cheap scope or effectively lose 6 weeks interest on fifteen bucks. The bigger concern is getting a defective or poor quality item.

If you received something that isn’t what you ordered just file a item did not match description report with eBay

j_sum1 - 16-6-2019 at 23:31

Quote: Originally posted by Pseudoscience  

If you received something that isn’t what you ordered just file a item did not match description report with eBay

Yeah, but something like poor quality lenses or slack focussing mechanism may be a bit more difficult to nail down. Like I said though, eBay is carrying the bulk of the risk (more than they should IMO, given the possibility of fake feedback to disguise a grab-and-run operation). All things considered, the risk-reward ratio is stacked well in my favour.

wg48temp9 - 17-6-2019 at 00:22

My seller on ebay UK (sehrisami_0, from Palistan) is similar, they have been on ebay since feb with a feedback back score of 57 100% positive, 14 transaction but their listing for the micrscope claims 484 sold (I assumed that was an ebay created number but apparent not), they have 92 other items for sale most are about correct on price.

But I expect it is a scam

Mikeyb2k - 21-6-2019 at 16:41

Quote: Originally posted by wg48temp9  

My seller on ebay UK (sehrisami_0, from Palistan) is similar, they have been on ebay since feb with a feedback back score of 57 100% positive, 14 transaction but their listing for the micrscope claims 484 sold (I assumed that was an ebay created number but apparent not), they have 92 other items for sale most are about correct on price.

But I expect it is a scam

I too have purchased the same microscope as the above. It was £9.45! It must be a scam but I was intrigued, and even though thought it was scam thought what the hell. Even if it comes and doesn't work might be able to do something with it such as purchase lenses etc. The eBay seller again same as above has dodgy looking reviews for different products same comments all on same days and some same buyers e.g.a***j. All positive apart from the 17th June stating it's a scam although for a different product. I came upon this forum to see if anyone has had one delivered but not looking like it. Will update if I do even if doubtful but worth a punt at that price!

Edit....check out the listing for the microscope and if you are over 18 the sellers other listings. Very weird selection of mostly metal instruments of some kind. Bizarre!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AmScope-40X-2500X-Binocular-Lab-C...

[Edited on 22-6-2019 by Mikeyb2k]

SWIM - 22-6-2019 at 11:01

Quote:

Edit....check out the listing for the microscope and if you are over 18 the sellers other listings. Very weird selection of mostly metal instruments of some kind. Bizarre!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AmScope-40X-2500X-Binocular-Lab-C...

Hey, they sell darbies!

Never seen Darby handcuffs before with a ratchet.
Ratchets without double locking capability...
I bet you could open them with a screwdriver.

[Edited on 22-6-2019 by SWIM]

Morgan - 23-6-2019 at 05:20

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Bidding-Buying/why-are...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/My-Account/My-account-was-hack...

https://www.salehoo.com/blog/avoiding-the-nightmare-of-accou...

[Edited on 23-6-2019 by Morgan]

One of my two microscopes de-listed from eBay

Sulaiman - 25-6-2019 at 16:12

"... We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
362674958513 - AmScope 40X-2500X Binocular Lab Compound Microscope with 3D Mechanical Stage LED ..."

One seller (honm58) down ... one seller (sehrisami_0) to go :P

j_sum1 - 25-6-2019 at 16:34

I just checked. I have the same communication -- same seller.
I have to wait until 23 July to open a case and get my money back.

Oh well, worth a shot. I would have been miffed i it had been a fire sale and I missed out.

Twospoons - 25-6-2019 at 20:57

If it really were a firesale you would have probably received a lump of melted plastic for that price.

Sulaiman - 26-6-2019 at 19:37

Today ebay informed me that my second microscope order (this one from from seller sehrisami_0) has been de-listed.

Looks like we will be asking for refunds ... not:cool:

Sorry for any inconvenience caused,
but I could not resist trying :P

maybe next time ? ..................

Ubya - 27-6-2019 at 01:46

Today ebay informed me that my second microscope order (this one from from seller sehrisami_0) has been de-listed.

Looks like we will be asking for refunds ... not:cool:

Sorry for any inconvenience caused,
but I could not resist trying :P

maybe next time ? ..................

we'll have our money back, it was worth a try, don't worry :D

Sulaiman - 18-7-2019 at 20:32

I just received a refund from eBay for the first AmScope that I ordered :)
... two more to go :P

wg48temp9 - 18-7-2019 at 21:51

Thanks for reminding me. I just requested my refund.

teodor - 19-7-2019 at 02:14

Well, my biggest telescope has 16 inch mirror but maximal usable resolution is 400-600 depending on the night. We are always limited by atmospheric turbulence, it is not usual to have resolution much better than 2 arc secs.

The requirements to microscope optics are quite different. The most important parameter is a resolution. You can make Leeuwenhoek Microscope by melting a thin glass thread and you can get easily 100-250 x magnification, and this will be under $1. You can use this microscope for many observations (I did). So, when you buy a microscope you pay for quality, not for magnification (but it is true for any optical instrument).

For general purpose I strongly advice against biological type of microscope - they require a good skills of sample preparation (and some very specific knowledge and set of instruments also). They work only in transmitted light. They have no zoom. They are almost useless for occasional observations - probably you will start with strained onion skin but also will end with it. That's all.

If you already have a stereo microscope for general observations and for sample preparation and want to buy a biological one probably you should chose one with phase-contrast optics. The plain optics working in transmitted light is useless for general observation - you can see only strained particles. And it is almost nothing if you don't know how to selectively strain particles or your object has no parts you can strain separately.

Also, most affordable microscopes have achromatic objectives. One apochromatic microscopic objective will cost $2000 - $5000. One objective. So, we are typically limited to achromats. And that limit for telescopes - x50 per inch - is for apochromats. So, when we tell about microscopes the most important things are:

- type of build
- type of light
- quality (precision) of optics

I would not buy a microscope under $300. Just because this type of things always occupy a space which otherwise can be occupied but much better things .

[Edited on 19-7-2019 by teodor]

Carbon8 - 19-7-2019 at 15:50

If you're interested in chemistry and microscopy, here are two books that you can borrow for free:

https://archive.org/details/microscopyforche0000scha
https://archive.org/details/coloratlasmanual0000petr

wg48temp9 - 20-7-2019 at 16:17

Quote: Originally posted by wg48temp9  

Thanks for reminding me. I just requested my refund.

I received my refund two days ago. Buying on ebay is low risk 5 gold stars to ebay.

woelen - 28-7-2019 at 12:18

I just requested a refund. The "seller" is not present on eBay anymore, I have submitted my refund request at PayPal.

wg48temp9 - 28-7-2019 at 12:55

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
I just requested a refund. The "seller" is not present on eBay anymore, I have submitted my refund request at PayPal.

When I have requested a refund from sellers that are no long on ebay, ebay replies with a refund in a day or two.

XeonTheMGPony - 28-7-2019 at 16:00

ya Ebay did it automatically for me

CharlieA - 28-7-2019 at 16:41

I filed my complaint with ebay following their procedure, and was all prepared to have to wait a couple of days. In less than 30 min ebay and PayPal both emailed that I have a refund!

j_sum1 - 28-7-2019 at 17:39

Quote: Originally posted by CharlieA  
I filed my complaint with ebay following their procedure, and was all prepared to have to wait a couple of days. In less than 30 min ebay and PayPal both emailed that I have a refund!

I had the exact same experience. Money is sitting in my Paypal account.

Pseudoscience - 3-8-2019 at 00:51

Filed a complaint and have been refunded.

SWIM - 3-8-2019 at 15:14

Received my microscope and it is everything I ever dreamed of and more.

It appears to be made of the very stuff from which our fondest dreams, hopes and aspirations are forged.

It is, in fact, more than perfect.

Nah, I complained and got a refund actually.

I just wonder if this scam is based on the interest on the money they held for a few weeks, or on the fact that maybe 5% of people who bought these things will forget to complain.