Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Sciencemadness at risk -- your help wanted

Polverone - 20-12-2010 at 12:36

<h3>EDIT 01/11/2011: I have found new employment. Sciencemadness is now secure for years. Thanks for the amazing support and generosity! If you are in a giving mood, please donate to a cause in greater need.</h3>

I have tried not to ask too frequently or forcefully for funding for this site. However I just learned today that a key deal fell through for my employer and I am going to be unemployed. It costs $20 a month to keep this site running. That is not the largest household expense I have to deal with but I need to trim everything I can until I find a new job.

Please, if you can spare a few dollars, donate so I can keep the site running in the new year without dipping into my own pocket. I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has a VPS or dedicated server with at least 8 GB of disk space free who might offer SM a new home if I am unable to continue our Linode hosting.

If by chance you have any job leads that would be great too. In my last job I was a software engineer working on content recommendation and analytics for the web. I have extensive experience with Python and its event-driven Twisted networking framework, MySQL, MongoDB, behavioral and document analysis, and Agile development methodology.

Prior to that I worked for the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory to develop computational models of low-dose radiation damage to DNA. I wrote analysis and automation tools for quantum chemical and molecular dynamics calculations. I have a master's degree from Washington State University in computer science, concentration in scientific computing.

I'm located in southeast Washington state in the USA -- not a whole lot of tech jobs in the area -- but I am more than happy to work remotely. I mostly telecommuted for the past 3 years with periodic visits to headquarters. Contract work welcomed. U2U me if you happen to have a lead.

[Edited on 1-12-2011 by Polverone]

madscientist - 20-12-2010 at 13:12

Wow, and right before Christmas. I am really sorry to hear this. :(

Sedit - 20-12-2010 at 13:14

Im very sorry to hear about this Polverone and if I could help I surely would but im in the same boat as you where our government contract was terminated and I no longer work on the Savannah River project because we had some flaws with the inexperianced welders working along side of us. I don't plan on having income until the 27 of january but I fear that would be to late I would think.

I don't think you have Comcast around there do you? If so they are always hiring people with your qualifications and the pay isn't to shabby at all once you get your foot in the door.

not_important - 20-12-2010 at 14:20

Well, I actually could afford to send a few kroon for helping with [s]Vulture's Ruby Feather Robe[/s] operating expenses, however Paypal is not a option soon on the horizon. Is there another option, such as stuffing coins into kumquats and sending a case of them to you?

Polverone - 20-12-2010 at 14:26

Coins in kumquats are fine if you can pay shipping. I suggest to mark the fruit as books and send it media mail. I will send info via U2U about snail mail options.

BromicAcid - 20-12-2010 at 15:18

This is the time of year when I am constantly solicited for donations, I've turned down the police, orphans, and abused spouses but something about SM pulls at my heart strings. It's not much but it'll keep us going another month.

Polverone - 20-12-2010 at 15:25

Thanks, BromicAcid. I recall that you helped the site in a previous time of need by hosting our library when I didn't have room. I really appreciate the help.

Mssr Curie - 20-12-2010 at 15:58

I have been reading this forum everyday for three years. I am happy to donate a month. Let me know if you don't get this transaction.:P

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 8CS59334A37544312.

Your shopping cart
Description Price Quantity Amount
Sciencemadness donation3 $20.00 1 $20.00
Item total $20.00
Total $20.00 USD

Polverone - 20-12-2010 at 16:00

Thank you very much, Mssr Curie. The payment has been received :)

starman - 20-12-2010 at 16:02

$50 sent via payal.
Not much Polverone,but hope it helps out.Thanks for all you do for us bunch of misfits

[Edited on 21-12-2010 by starman]

Magpie - 20-12-2010 at 16:03

Polverone I'm very sorry to hear of your temporary loss of employment. I can't imagine anyone with your ability being out of work for very long. I'm good for $50 and have PayPal. How do I send it to you?

Polverone - 20-12-2010 at 16:11

Thanks for the encouraging words Magpie. If you go to this donation link and click on the image it will bring up a Paypal form.

This hobby is hard enough as it is

paulr1234 - 20-12-2010 at 16:51

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 16A82772FY1811316.

artaban - 20-12-2010 at 17:03

$20 sent via paypal.

my little contribution from France. Longue vie à Sciences madness !

bahamuth - 20-12-2010 at 17:52

$50 sent via Paypal, hope it helps.

bahamuth

Bismuth - 20-12-2010 at 20:12

$20 sent via Paypal.

Thank you for providing us with a home :).

bquirky - 20-12-2010 at 21:50

$50usd

Paypal ID 7UV00685TS4412216.

A Small price to pay for such a valuable and accessible resource.

gsd - 21-12-2010 at 07:10

As a story goes in Hindu Mythology:

Lord Ram undertook construction of massive bridge in sea to carry his troops to enemy Ravana's Island without any financial means (as he was in wilderness at that time) solely based on the contributions from his subjects. He saw one squirrel taking a dip in sea, then rolling over in sand and then scattering the sand on bridge by shaking its body. Lord asked her what are you doing? She said I am helping the construction by filling the gaps in stones with sand to the best my abilities.

So Dear Polverone here is my squirrel's share:

"transaction ID for this payment is: 1WA464228H941205J. "

Good luck and best wishes to get the job you love.

gsd

Phosphor-ing - 21-12-2010 at 07:29

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1EV93661WG2762228.

Here is another $20. And seeing as how you have all these other donations to keep the site up. You can use this money how ever you see fit. ;)

Merry Christmas and good luck job hunting.

woelen - 21-12-2010 at 12:22

Polverone, this is bad news :(.

I can't help with a new job from the other side of the ocean, but I can help somewhat with a little donation of $30.

I'm also very happy to see the other donations and I hope more will follow. Sciencemadness really is worth to keep flying.

[Edited on 21-12-10 by woelen]

at risk

urbs - 21-12-2010 at 13:49

Merry Christmas from Nebraska, Polvo.

5BY329877D9791253.

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:35

Quote: Originally posted by starman  
$50 sent via payal.
Not much Polverone,but hope it helps out.Thanks for all you do for us bunch of misfits

Thank you starman! This site has been a labor of love. It is really all the members who make it great, I just try to keep it running smoothly.

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:36

Quote: Originally posted by paulr1234  
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 16A82772FY1811316.

Thank you paulr1234. This hobby faces many difficulties today, but at least we have cheap worldwide communications. It's amazing how far flung some contributors to the board and to the Paypal fund are!

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:37

Quote: Originally posted by artaban  
$20 sent via paypal.

my little contribution from France. Longue vie à Sciences madness !

Thank you, artaban. Your contribution and those of your fellow members guarantees that this forum will be around for a very long time. I have an additional special insurance plan to ensure that which I hope to unveil soon...

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:38

Quote: Originally posted by bahamuth  
$50 sent via Paypal, hope it helps.

bahamuth

It most certainly does. Thanks for your trust and your help!

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:39

Quote: Originally posted by Bismuth  
$20 sent via Paypal.

Thank you for providing us with a home :).

I'm glad you liked it enough to move in. Thanks for your help paying the rent :)

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:43

Quote: Originally posted by bquirky  
$50usd

Paypal ID 7UV00685TS4412216.

A Small price to pay for such a valuable and accessible resource.

I am glad that you find it valuable. It started out in the tiniest way, and although I doubt it will ever be huge I am gratified by the loyal following it has attracted. Please continue to enjoy! It will be around for a long time thanks to contributions like yours.

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:44

Quote: Originally posted by gsd  

As a story goes in Hindu Mythology:

Lord Ram undertook construction of massive bridge in sea to carry his troops to enemy Ravana's Island without any financial means (as he was in wilderness at that time) solely based on the contributions from his subjects. He saw one squirrel taking a dip in sea, then rolling over in sand and then scattering the sand on bridge by shaking its body. Lord asked her what are you doing? She said I am helping the construction by filling the gaps in stones with sand to the best my abilities.

So Dear Polverone here is my squirrel's share:

"transaction ID for this payment is: 1WA464228H941205J. "

Good luck and best wishes to get the job you love.

gsd

Thank you very much, gsd! You must be a very industrious and thrifty squirrel to be able to share so generously.

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:45

Quote: Originally posted by Phosphor-ing  
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1EV93661WG2762228.

Here is another $20. And seeing as how you have all these other donations to keep the site up. You can use this money how ever you see fit. ;)

Merry Christmas and good luck job hunting.

Thank you very much Phosphor-ing. I will be sure to separate this $20 so that it can mingle in the general fund ;)

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:46

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
Polverone, this is bad news :(.

I can't help with a new job from the other side of the ocean, but I can help somewhat with a little donation of $30.

I'm also very happy to see the other donations and I hope more will follow. Sciencemadness really is worth to keep flying.

Woelen, thanks for your support. You have supported this site before with donations, with interesting posts, and now with moderation duties too. You're a good man.

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:48

Quote: Originally posted by urbs  
Merry Christmas from Nebraska, Polvo.

5BY329877D9791253.

Thank you, urbs. Merry Christmas to you too, from Washington.

Polverone - 21-12-2010 at 19:56

Sorry for the spammy posting style. I felt that everyone in this thread deserved an individual acknowledgment. Many thanks also to the donors who wished to remain unnamed. I have been busy today looking at my finances and seeing how I can make do with less, so little time for the forum.

The outpouring of support has been amazing. We have about 150 registered users visiting this site per day. I have received 17 donations via paypal so far, and know of a few coming via snail mail. That is an astonishing response rate! If National Public Radio stirred such loyalty, one funding drive would cover their finances for a generation. Until trouble took me by surprise I never knew just how generous and loyal this site's users were. Thank you all for cheering my holidays and ensuring the survival of Sciencemadness for many years to come.

Sedit - 21-12-2010 at 21:48

You spent im sure many sleepless nights creating this forum and many more supporting and maintaining this forum while never asking anything of us other then to behave. If I had money to give I would do so just for the sake of paying you for such a wounderful job you have accomplished here.

In its essence Polverone its not the folks who donate that are the good men(no offence fellows) Its you yourself that is good for giving us all a place to speak with people who have intelligence. I try to find people in my area where I could speak on the same level as I can to people here but needless to say its almost impossible to find anyone with interest in science.

Your act of creating this home for us has given many if not all of us hope that the entire world is not retarded and only focused on what hannah montana was smoking in her bong...

woelen - 21-12-2010 at 23:59

I fully agree with Sedit. The compliments may go to all the people who have donated, but the Mother of Compliments should go to Polverone, who has put a lot of effort in setting up the site, making it into what it is now and keeping it flying. Many many thanks!

In fact, sciencemadness is the ONLY place I know in the international community, where we can discuss experimenting and science in general in a really unrestricted, intelligent and free way. I have been active on a few other chemistry and science forums but I quit all of them after a certain period, simply because either they were nannied too much, or because they were not much more than homework-solving sites or because of a terse atmosphere.

MagicJigPipe - 23-12-2010 at 17:44

I'm sorry but it's all I have: $5.

523607968M341102G

Why are we putting transaction IDs on here?

Polverone - 23-12-2010 at 18:33

MJP, no need to apologize. I appreciate even the smallest donation. I was a student not THAT long ago, and I know it's not a life that allows a lot of discretionary spending. I think people might be sharing transaction IDs here because most forum account names are unrelated to paypal names, so it helps me to see who made donations and offer thanks appropriately.

Woelen, thank you for the kind words about this forum. It has not been easy to keep the peace and to decide where to draw the boundaries on controversial topics. I hope that I have found a balance that allows different groups to get along without betraying my civil-libertarian ideals.

gsd - 23-12-2010 at 18:36

Quote: Originally posted by MagicJigPipe  

523607968M341102G

Why are we putting transaction IDs on here?

So that Polverone can easily identify the donor.
The paypal transaction doesn't show your SM handle. Nor does the SM handle give any clue to your email ID or name.

gsd

gnitseretni - 23-12-2010 at 18:38

Quote: Originally posted by MagicJigPipe  
I'm sorry but it's all I have: $5.

It's more than I have :(
If I had money to spare, I'd contribute as well and this is the only forum where I would do that. Unfortunately I'm already unemployed so I better hang on to what little money I have left.

Not that Polverone needs my help anyway, I mean look at how many have contributed already... SM is saved for at least a couple of years :cool:
Unless he spends it all on Christmas presents :P

rrkss - 25-12-2010 at 14:55

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1BD88897F2718014D.

$25.00

Merry Christmas and best of luck in your recent situation. This site has been a second home for me allowing me to have intelligent discussions about science and organic chemistry.

Lambda-Eyde - 25-12-2010 at 17:31

15 $ sent just now. It's not much, but it's something. :)

Tiberius_C - 26-12-2010 at 01:32

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6C6663318N147650S

Not exactly a Rockefeller sized donation, but what I can manage after the holiday mania. That being said, please believe I have more than a small appreciation for this site :) Bquirky, Bismuth, and Woelen have all offered my reasons for calling it my new home online :cool:

UnintentionalChaos - 26-12-2010 at 10:14

Transaction ID: 4T0783541A3690642

I feel your pain, as I'm out a job right now too. It's not much money due to the circumstances, but this forum has certainly provided me with much valuable knowledge over the years.

Polverone - 26-12-2010 at 11:31

Quote: Originally posted by rrkss  
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1BD88897F2718014D.

$25.00

Merry Christmas and best of luck in your recent situation. This site has been a second home for me allowing me to have intelligent discussions about science and organic chemistry.

Merry (belated) Christmas to you too, rrkss, and a merry New Year. Thank you for the donation!

Polverone - 26-12-2010 at 11:34

Quote: Originally posted by Lambda-Eyde  
15 $ sent just now. It's not much, but it's something. :)

It means a lot to me. Thanks for the support.

Polverone - 26-12-2010 at 11:36

Quote: Originally posted by Tiberius_C  
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6C6663318N147650S

Not exactly a Rockefeller sized donation, but what I can manage after the holiday mania. That being said, please believe I have more than a small appreciation for this site :) Bquirky, Bismuth, and Woelen have all offered my reasons for calling it my new home online :cool:

Thanks Tiberius_C. I am glad that you enjoy this site so much. I have certainly enjoyed seeing it evolve over the years, and I am lucky to met so many interesting and loyal members. Your generosity warms me :)

Polverone - 26-12-2010 at 11:37

Quote: Originally posted by UnintentionalChaos  
Transaction ID: 4T0783541A3690642

I feel your pain, as I'm out a job right now too. It's not much money due to the circumstances, but this forum has certainly provided me with much valuable knowledge over the years.

To give when you're in need -- that's real generosity. Thank you UnintentionalChaos, and best of luck in your own job search!

Arthur Dent - 26-12-2010 at 13:39

Aaw crap!

I'm so sorry about that Polverone, I'm certainly going to send you some $$ right now, as well as good vibes and best wishes that you get back on your feet fast, my friend.

This is by far one of the most fascinating and useful hobby science forums, it's as if it was tailor-made for my uber-geekiness and my deep love of anything that dissolves metal and generates chlorine gas!

Hang in there, dude. Hope this helps.

Robert

Polverone - 26-12-2010 at 15:30

Quote: Originally posted by Arthur Dent  
Aaw crap!

I'm so sorry about that Polverone, I'm certainly going to send you some $$ right now, as well as good vibes and best wishes that you get back on your feet fast, my friend.

This is by far one of the most fascinating and useful hobby science forums, it's as if it was tailor-made for my uber-geekiness and my deep love of anything that dissolves metal and generates chlorine gas!

Hang in there, dude. Hope this helps.

Robert

Thanks Arthur/Robert. I am glad that you enjoy this forum, and the help is much appreciated.

devongrrl - 27-12-2010 at 02:37

Santa has sent you something for the board's Xmas stocking.

Hope you find work soon, Polv. God Bless !

Polverone - 27-12-2010 at 13:19

Quote: Originally posted by devongrrl  
Santa has sent you something for the board's Xmas stocking.

Hope you find work soon, Polv. God Bless !

Santa is awfully kind to send gifts after Christmas is officially past. She really deserves a nice thank-you note. Shall I just address it to North Pole? :P

Rogeryermaw - 27-12-2010 at 16:35

4LA81918C0994800J trans id. 15 dollars. go have dinner or something. all will be well brother.

Polverone - 27-12-2010 at 18:01

Quote: Originally posted by Rogeryermaw  
4LA81918C0994800J trans id. 15 dollars. go have dinner or something. all will be well brother.

Thanks, I will. I hope you're feeling better yourself soon, so you can get back to your phosphorus adventures :D

Formula409 - 27-12-2010 at 19:47

Check your PM inbox, I have an unmetered VPS :D

I can understand that the site must use a lot of resources, but that Linode company appears to be very expensive! The company I am with gives me unmetered bandwidth, a large amount of space (200+ GB I am pretty sure) and a 100mbps connection, which is not oversold as with most other companies for around 25 pounds a month.

DDTea - 1-1-2011 at 04:26

Just sent you $120--which should keep SM up for 6 months (on top of the funding from other awesome members). Happy New Year, and hopefully many more for sciencemadness.

[Edited on 1-1-11 by DDTea]

indigofuzzy - 1-1-2011 at 04:49

I know it's not much, but I sent $10. I hope, in addition to everyone else's donations, that it can keep ScienceMadness alive.

May your favorite deity shower you with Blessings.
May prosperity be lurking around the next corner.

Polverone - 1-1-2011 at 14:33

Quote: Originally posted by DDTea  
Just sent you $120--which should keep SM up for 6 months (on top of the funding from other awesome members). Happy New Year, and hopefully many more for sciencemadness.

Thank you very much DDTea! SM is coming up on 9 years of operation. It's hard to believe it has been so long. As I recall you were here pretty early on. Happy New Year to you and to Sciencemadness.

Polverone - 1-1-2011 at 14:35

Quote: Originally posted by indigofuzzy  
I know it's not much, but I sent $10. I hope, in addition to everyone else's donations, that it can keep ScienceMadness alive.

May your favorite deity shower you with Blessings.
May prosperity be lurking around the next corner.

Indigofuzzy, your help is much appreciated. Sciencemadness will be running for quite some time to come. May the new year bring you only the best!

imperialorion - 2-1-2011 at 03:25

Hey Polverone
If your ever in need of help i am happy to host SM on one of our servers for free just tell me what your requirements are.
quickest to contact me through the website contact form at www.bigbluedesk.com or jasonmorrison@bigbluedesk.com

Cheers and best of luck.

pantone159 - 2-1-2011 at 18:59

The donate link didn't work for me. I got a PayPal login screen, but it rejected my correct email/password. So I am going to try manually. Is gfxlist@yahoo.com the correct destination? It seemed like it from the donation page, but I want to make sure before sending $ into the aether.

Polverone - 2-1-2011 at 20:29

Quote: Originally posted by pantone159  
The donate link didn't work for me. I got a PayPal login screen, but it rejected my correct email/password. So I am going to try manually. Is gfxlist@yahoo.com the correct destination? It seemed like it from the donation page, but I want to make sure before sending $ into the aether.

That's right. Thanks for the help, pantone159.

Polverone - 2-1-2011 at 20:30

Quote: Originally posted by imperialorion  
Hey Polverone
If your ever in need of help i am happy to host SM on one of our servers for free just tell me what your requirements are.
quickest to contact me through the website contact form at www.bigbluedesk.com or jasonmorrison@bigbluedesk.com

Cheers and best of luck.

Thanks imperialorion. I will keep you in mind in case we need to make a server move.

Thanks, pantone159

Polverone - 2-1-2011 at 21:55

I received your donation and it is much appreciated. Here's hoping that my next job is just around the corner :)

hissingnoise - 3-1-2011 at 02:51

Quote: Originally posted by pantone159  
The donate link didn't work for me. I got a PayPal login screen, but it rejected my correct email/password.

To have your paypal password accepted you must first enter the amount being donated . . .

peach - 3-1-2011 at 09:25

Fuck this noise...

"Instant Bank Transfer : Lloyds TSB Current (Confirmed) £13.17 GBP ($20)

9RS04906355787429"

I'll give up if this site goes down.

Does anyone know of a way I can help host the site from Ubuntu? If so, shoot me a PM and I'll get on it

Polverone - 3-1-2011 at 14:42

Quote: Originally posted by peach  
Fuck this noise...

"Instant Bank Transfer : Lloyds TSB Current (Confirmed) £13.17 GBP ($20)

9RS04906355787429"

I'll give up if this site goes down.

Does anyone know of a way I can help host the site from Ubuntu? If so, shoot me a PM and I'll get on it

You're a peach, peach. Thanks for the help. This forum can easily be recreated on your own Ubuntu machine using the backup I've shared (just ask Woelen), but that will be necessary only if it dies. And with the donations I've received it will not die for a long time.

slinky - 10-1-2011 at 16:52

Sent 20 USD via PayPal. PM if you need the transaction id. I appreciate science madness and the work that the staff and community put have into it.

I can build an archive of the site for backup purposes from time to time if you'd like. I can also host a zipped backup archive in the form of a torrent on a 1 gbit line with unlimited bandwidth if you're interested in that.

[Edited on 1.11.2011 by slinky]

Polverone - 11-1-2011 at 16:20

Quote: Originally posted by slinky  
Sent 20 USD via PayPal. PM if you need the transaction id. I appreciate science madness and the work that the staff and community put have into it.

I can build an archive of the site for backup purposes from time to time if you'd like. I can also host a zipped backup archive in the form of a torrent on a 1 gbit line with unlimited bandwidth if you're interested in that.

[Edited on 1.11.2011 by slinky]

Thanks for the donation, slinky! If you want to host the site backup as a torrent, see this thread for current download instruction: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=12051

Employed again

Polverone - 11-1-2011 at 16:34

Thanks for the tremendous support I have received from so many of you here, both financial and conversational. If I had known that I would be employed again so quickly, I would not have sent out such an urgent plea for help. But if I had not sent out such an urgent plea, I would probably not be re-employed already, since it was a member here who led me to my new job. I want to offer special thanks to this mysterious tipster!

Sciencemadness is funded for years to come from the outpouring of donations I've seen in the last few weeks. I have tried to personally thank everyone I could identify. If I missed you and you'd like a personal note from me, please do not hesitate to email me or send me a u2u message! Several donations came in without any notes or email addresses that could be matched against member addresses. Perhaps those donors prefer anonymity; if not, contact me.

It has been a rough few weeks for me, with the shock of sudden job loss and the scramble to find something new. There are also new challenges ahead of me as I start in my new position. But I think that the worst is past, and the support I received from the Sciencemadness membership was a tremendous morale-booster in addition to its direct effects. Thank you all again for your aid and encouragement.

Magpie - 11-1-2011 at 16:43

Congratulations Polverone and nice work on landing a new job!
I'm glad to hear that someone from the forum helped you. It is only right that someone who has given so much to others should be, in turn, helped by them.

Lambda-Eyde - 12-1-2011 at 06:47

Congratulations on your new job. Now, may I have my $15 back please? :D

Btw, the transaction ID is 35S62673TV279071S - I forgot to mention it in my last post.

Arthur Dent - 12-1-2011 at 08:41

May your reagents be pure... and may your glassware be speckless! Good luck with your new job! :)
- Robert

Polverone - 15-1-2011 at 19:43

Thanks for the congratulations on the new job; it looks like it's going to be very interesting. The new job has me quite busy so I haven't visited in a couple of days. Lambda-Eyde, I have issued you a refund.

Sorry to be so brief but "real life" is demanding my time.

Lambda-Eyde - 16-1-2011 at 04:20

Quote: Originally posted by Polverone  
Thanks for the congratulations on the new job; it looks like it's going to be very interesting. The new job has me quite busy so I haven't visited in a couple of days. Lambda-Eyde, I have issued you a refund.

Sorry to be so brief but "real life" is demanding my time.

Argh! When shall I learn not to use sarcasm on the internet? I have sent you a re-refund. Seriously, take it. Buy a pizza or something. ;)

aliced25 - 9-2-2011 at 20:09

Polverone, please consider the offer I extended as withdrawn. Your site, your rules, my business, my rules... Fair?

starman - 9-2-2011 at 22:14

Quote: Originally posted by aliced25  
Polverone, please consider the offer I extended as withdrawn. Your site, your rules, my business, my rules... Fair?

You sound more like a petulant adolescent than a business owner.People here are not into improvised weapons or the attention it attracts,Get over yourself.