Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Feeding water into your condenser, ghetto style

cnidocyte - 6-1-2011 at 11:54

I bought a little aquarium water pump so I place it in a lunch box filled water, hook the outlet up to the inlet of the condenser and feed the outlet of the condenser back into the lunch box. Simple yet highly effective. I got a 6W pump but its overkill, a 3W pump would probably be enough. Could nearly call this caveman chemistry but I don't think they had aquarium pumps back in the stone age.

entropy51 - 6-1-2011 at 12:20

You started a new thread for something that's been discussed a gazillion times already?

Do you ever read the old threads, or just start new ones?

cnidocyte - 6-1-2011 at 12:50

This is one of the few topics I had no luck searching.
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/search.php?token=&srchtxt=water+condenser&srchfield=body&srchuname=&f[]=5&srchfrom=0&filter _distinct=yes&searchsubmit=Search
I tried dozens of search terms like that but no luck.

entropy51 - 6-1-2011 at 13:08

Try searching for aquarium pump. Try just browsing old threads to learn interesting things.

BromicAcid - 6-1-2011 at 15:14

Ghetto style was when I had a bucket on the inlet and outlet of the condenser and I would fill one with water and set it on a shelf above the condenser so it would drain through and when it was done draining I would move it to the bottom shelf and lift the full bucket up to the top.

Saerynide - 7-1-2011 at 07:44

Wow. Now *thats* ghetto style :D

IrC - 8-1-2011 at 03:07

Not bad Bromic but true ghetto would be hijacking an ice cream truck to cool it and playing rap music with the bells.

BromicAcid - 8-1-2011 at 07:19

I stand corrected.

peach - 9-1-2011 at 03:05

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
Not bad Bromic but true ghetto would be hijacking an ice cream truck to cool it and playing rap music with the bells.

:D