Sciencemadness Discussion Board

How easy is it to get a new motor for a hotplate stirrer?

Draeger - 14-6-2020 at 08:27

I found a cheap defective hotplate stirrer. The motor being weird is the only problem it has, and I was wondering how easy it would be to get a new motor and repair it with that. Not sure if I need to specify anything, so tell me if I do.

G-Coupled - 14-6-2020 at 11:38

Quote: Originally posted by Draeger  
I found a cheap defective hotplate stirrer. The motor being weird is the only problem it has, and I was wondering how easy it would be to get a new motor and repair it with that. Not sure if I need to specify anything, so tell me if I do.

If you post what model the hotplate is, and if you know, what if any markings are on the motor, then someone might be able to help.

Draeger - 14-6-2020 at 12:06

Quote: Originally posted by G-Coupled  
Quote: Originally posted by Draeger  

If you post what model the hotplate is, and if you know, what if any markings are on the motor, then someone might be able to help.

Not sure about the motor markings, but it's a rodwell revostir.

Draeger - 14-6-2020 at 12:09

Nevermind. It doesn't heat, apparently. Title is a lie. It looked to me like it had a knob for heating on the picture, but it was direction control.