Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Elemental Scientific Liquidating Chemicals, glassware, and used equipment

tomholm - 22-8-2020 at 06:47

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that Elemental Scientific will be liquidating its chemical, glassware, hardware, and used equipment inventory. Our business has grown in other areas and we've decided that we need to apply our energies there.

I currently have roughly 2 warehouses full of inventory. I would prefer to sell in larger lot sizes. As you might suspect, there are some items that I have a lot of, e.g., various sizes of graduated cylinders, round bottom flasks, crucibles, clamps, glass bottles, etc. I also have a wide variety of chemicals - some in smaller quantities, 16 oz, others is larger quantities, 5 kg, or 25 kg.

At this stage, I would prefer to work with people who are looking to buy larger quantities and are able to pick up with trailer(s). We are located in St. Paul, MN. I would also be open to shipping pallet sized loads (chemical get a little tricky).

I am finalizing a list of items. Please contact me U2U if interested. I think this would be a great opportunity for someone looking to get into business or wanting to set up the ultimate lab. Keep what you want and sell the rest.

macckone - 22-8-2020 at 09:54

This sounds like you are getting out of the small science market :(
This a tremendous loss to our community as well as the home school community.

Cou - 22-8-2020 at 23:10

Shit, now I have to update my website's SQL database of chemical sources.

Hopefully someone else will rise up to fill the (tiny) demand that elemental scientific used to fulfill.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by Cou]

earpain - 23-8-2020 at 05:41

Quote: Originally posted by macckone  
This sounds like you are getting out of the small science market :(
This a tremendous loss to our community as well as the home school community.

I respectfully disagree with your interpretation of the economics involved.
Our favorite suppliers on Ebay etc. get all of their 3rd hand equipment every time something like this occurs. The only difference is this company chose to first post on sciencemadness, rather than reach out to the huge liquidation companies that have pretty websites and portals catering precisely to people like OP.

But on a more fundamental level:
Even just the interest and strength of your emotional reaction right there, had some effect on the value of the experimentalist/homeschooler/etc. market for scientific instruments. As long as YOU, and those like YOU(us) exist, there is a demand. The supply will always tend towards equilibrium with demand.

source: I use to work for a computer de-manufacturing company. Much of the business interplay was similar.

OP: I would take you up on your offer if I had the capital to invest in such palettes and facilities/logistics. There's a chance I will soon, maybe I will reach out.
Thank you SO MUCH for the heads up here on SciMad. That speaks deeply to your integrity over your interest in $$$

Some additional thoughts...

tomholm - 23-8-2020 at 06:51

I've received a few questions about whether this means that Elemental Science is getting out of the small science market. Unfortunately, the answer is "yes", although I probably didn't really want to admit that. Over the years, I have operated both an online store and a physical store selling science to the small businesses, schools, students, and hobbyists. I have viewed this part of my business as more of a service to those customers, whom I've always enjoyed meeting and learning so much from.

That said, the time has come where the other parts of my business requires more of my time, energy, and warehouse space. As a result, I need to make some changes. I wasn't very clear in my earlier post as to what I am selling. I'm pretty flexible, but after giving it more thought, here are some options:

1. Sell entire Elemental Scientific business - this would include the name, web site, inventory, point of sale system, vendor relationships/accounts, etc. This could be a sale to an individual or a company.

2. Establish a co-op, perhaps associated with Science Madness or other group of individuals, to continue the mission. In this day and age, it is something that could be run as a distributed company. One person would need to handle the warehouse and shipping, another could handle the website and marketing, another could handle the purchasing, etc. I would be willing to discuss something like this if there there is an interested group.

3. Liquidate inventory in large lots. I will be putting together a more comprehensive list of inventory over the next week or two. Might actually be best supplement with a video.

There's certainly a case to be made that with online education and home school increasing, access to to small science is more critical than ever. I have not seen a decrease in demand - whether it be people coming in to our store or online orders. I do think that, like any business, demand responds to marketing.

I'm open to discussing these or other options if someone is interested. Just U2U me and we'll talk.

macckone - 23-8-2020 at 20:15

earpain,
Elemental Scientific has been one of the best sources for hard to get chemicals and previously made special orders for sciencemadness members. There are other suppliers like chemsavers but they do not cater to us. While ebay is a good resource, it is hit or miss and many things are not available when you need it and shipments from overseas can take months.

Tom,
You will be missed by our community.
If I had the money I would take option 1 but unless I win the powerball, that isn't happening.
One thing to consider is selling to a competitor.
The Science Company is in a similar line of business and could potentially benefit from your stock.
I shop with them a good bit but don't have any affiliation.

I would love it if there was a group of members here that had the resources to handle option 2.

Posting More Information on Inventory

tomholm - 3-9-2020 at 05:03

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience as I pull together information on the inventory. I've done 2 things to help convey information about the items available and the volume available. I've produced 5 videos showing products as displayed in my store and uploaded those to a youtube channel. For all of you who have never had the chance to visit the store, I think you'll find these very interesting. Here is the link to the Elemental Scientific Youtube Channel

Additionally, I've created a spreadsheet listing the inventory items. This is inventory stored in my warehouse. There is overlap of items shown in the videos and contained in the list, but there are many items shown in the video that are not contained in the spreadsheet. Also, the number of items shown in the spreadsheet only include items in the warehouse, not in the store. The spreadsheet is a work in progress and I expect that I will need to post updates to that. I've attached the spreadsheet.

I have not taken an inventory of the chemicals yet. That will be coming in the near future.

And lastly, I would like to gauge the interest in larger, bulk purchases, so I may not respond to requests of prices for single items. I'm afraid I just don't have time to do that right now.

Thanks for your time and interest. I look forward to hearing from you.

Attachment: Warehouse Inventory 8-30-20_2 - consolidated.xlsx (42kB)
This file has been downloaded 693 times

andy1988 - 19-3-2021 at 21:27

Quote: Originally posted by tomholm  

1. Sell entire Elemental Scientific business - this would include the name, web site, inventory, point of sale system, vendor relationships/accounts, etc. This could be a sale to an individual or a company.

There's certainly a case to be made that with online education and home school increasing, access to to small science is more critical than ever. I have not seen a decrease in demand - whether it be people coming in to our store or online orders. I do think that, like any business, demand responds to marketing.

I'm open to discussing these or other options if someone is interested. Just U2U me and we'll talk.

Probably too late to mention it but I'm sure at least one MBA student at a nearby MN university may be interested. They'd have to make a presentation with evidence to a bank to get them to finance the sale.

Elemental Scientific Auction

tomholm - 20-3-2021 at 15:02

Lab Supplies and Equipment Liquidation Auction

Elemental Scientific and BME Lab and Science

Sorry, I've been having trouble with my postings. Here is the information that I wanted to provide to you.

BME Lab and Science and Elemental Scientific are closing their retail store and online website that sold lab supplies and lab equipment. This change will allow us to focus our resources on providing repair and calibration services to our many wonderful and loyal customers, as well as, build our new business, Green Science Solutions, that distributes new, sustainable cleaning and disinfecting technologies and services. (If you haven't been to our web site, www.greensciencesolutions.com, please check us out. There are a lot of great products coming on the market as a result of the pandemic.) We are all about how to effectively clean and disinfect without using strong, harmful chemicals. -- And, yes, we do know a thing or two about harmful chemicals!

As a result, we are clearing our warehouse and auctioning a large amount of lab supplies, including glassware, clamps, used equipment and more! Most of the lab glassware and hardware items are new, never used. We will also have an assortment of used, unique glassware. Much of the lab equipment is used, but fully tested and functioning.

Bids can be placed through the online auction platform K-Bid Auctions .

This will be your last and only opportunity to purchase these items, so please check out our auction today! To avoid confusion, we have removed these products from our Elemental Scientific website during this auction.

Thank you,
Tom Holm
President

njl - 20-3-2021 at 15:09

FYI, that link to k-bid didn't work. I had to remove https from the url.

tomholm - 20-3-2021 at 15:11

Hopefully, this link will work: K-bid Auctions

Chemical Business

tomholm - 21-3-2021 at 10:05

I should also add that if anyone is interested in acquiring just the chemical part of the business, inventory and website, let me know. I'm sure we could work something out.

Tom Holm

tomholm - 7-4-2021 at 19:02

Hi All,

Here is the link to the second of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. Thanks so much for looking at what's there. More to come.

2nd K-Bid Auction

Auctions #3 and #4

tomholm - 28-4-2021 at 19:28

Hi All,

Here is the link to the third of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. Thanks so much for looking at what's there. More to come.

3rd K-Bid Auction Ends tomorrow.

4th Auction

tomholm - 9-5-2021 at 06:52

Hi All,

Here is the link to the third of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. Thanks so much for looking at what's there. More to come.

4th Auction Ends Thursday, 5/13/21

tomholm - 25-5-2021 at 17:48

Hi All,

Here is the link to the fifth of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. Thanks so much for looking at what's there. Make sure you check out the stir plates .

5th Auction

Ends 6/2/21

mr_bovinejony - 25-5-2021 at 19:28

Is this something you have to pick up in person? Or can they be shipped?

LabDIRECT - 26-5-2021 at 01:36

Hi Tom - it sounds like there's quite a lot of overlap between our companies. I'd love to chat with you and see if anything makes sense for us to acquire. If you want to send me an email, it's richard.carboni at LabDirectLLC.com

6DF52D60-2501-4D3A-BEDF-ACDE0243E4A4.jpeg - 144kB

tomholm - 22-7-2021 at 18:34

Hi All,

Here is the link to the sixth of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. Thanks so much for looking at what's there.

More equipment & glassware. About 200 items.
Items can be shipped.

6th Auction

Ends 7/28/21

tomholm - 28-10-2021 at 20:22

Hi All,

The auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the seventh of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. Thanks so much for looking at what's there.

More equipment & glassware.
Items can be shipped.

7th Auction Over 300 items!

Ends 11/2/21

tomholm - 9-8-2022 at 07:48

Hi All,

Sorry for the late posting, but the auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the 8th of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. I still have a lot of equipment and chemicals, so keep checking for the auctions.

If anyone is interested in the chemicals, I would like to sell them as one lot and you would probably need to drive to Minnesota to pick up with a trailer. Please pm me and I can provide a list.

Thanks so much for looking at what's there.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

8th Auction 250 items!

Ends 8/10/22

[Edited on 8-9-2022 by tomholm]

Suessy - 9-8-2022 at 12:52

Could you provide a list of chemicals and quantities ?
Hi All,

Sorry for the late posting, but the auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the 8th of the BME/Elemental Scientific Auctions. I still have a lot of equipment and chemicals, so keep checking for the auctions.

If anyone is interested in the chemicals, I would like to sell them as one lot and you would probably need to drive to Minnesota to pick up with a trailer. Please pm me and I can provide a list.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

8th Auction 250 items!

Ends 8/10/22

Elemental Scientific Chemical Inventory

tomholm - 10-8-2022 at 11:28

Hi All,

Attached is a spreadsheet of the remaining chemical inventory from Elemental Scientific. It's a pretty substantial list. I've also included an approximate retail price for the items, just to provide some context. For the most part, these prices were the prices from the Elemental store, but there are a few that were never sold through the store (custom orders, etc.) and those prices were obtained through research.

Additionally, the inventory is currently stored in 2 locations and in multiple sized containers. That is, some are in small quantity containers, while others are in bulk (5 - 50 lbs) containers. As a result, accurate quantities are difficult to maintain and actual quantities may vary slightly from spreadsheet.

As I've mentioned before, I'd like to sell in large lot quantities. I just don't have the time to handle a lot of small order requests and prepare chemical shipments. Therefore, onsite pick up is preferred. And again, if someone is interested in forming or adding on to an existing chemical sales business, we can discuss.

I will try to respond to questions and requests as quickly as possible.

Tom

Attachment: Chemical Inventory Summary 8-10-2022.xlsx (53kB)
This file has been downloaded 311 times

tomholm - 5-12-2022 at 07:46

Hi All,

The BME/Elemental Scientific auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the current Auction which ends Thursday.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

175 items!

crow6283 - 5-12-2022 at 12:40

Just want to say I bought some chemicals and equipment, worked out well and was very convenient.

Still sad to see BME closed though !

tomholm - 1-3-2023 at 15:42

Hi All,

The BME/Elemental Scientific auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the current Auction which ends Next Wednesday. There's a lot more specialized glassware, e.g., condensers, Schlenk storage tubes, etc.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

Over 80 items!

Dr.Bob - 2-3-2023 at 11:00

There are some long condensers in this lot, if anyone wants one, they might go cheap, hard to tell. Plus ring stands, volumetrics, filter flasks and erlenmeyers.

[Edited on 2-3-2023 by Dr.Bob]

Auction

tomholm - 7-3-2023 at 19:23

Just a quick reminder that the Elemental Scientific Auction ends tomorrow evening.

Here's a link: Auctiion

Elemental Scientific Auction Signup

tomholm - 20-3-2023 at 10:48

Hi All,

While we've been gradually selling off much of Elemental's lab supplies, there is still a lot of lab equipment, glassware (lots of specialized adapters and unique pieces) chemicals, etc. left. We will continue to sell through auctions, as well as list some equipment and chemicals on the Elemental website.

If you would like to be notified directly of upcoming auctions or listings, please stop by the Elemental website and provide your email address. That way, you can easily stay informed about product sales.

Thanks again for your continued interest.

Tom

Raid - 19-4-2023 at 06:42

Do you happen to have a list of the chemicals you sell?

Elemental Auction

tomholm - 26-4-2023 at 09:49

Hi All,

The BME/Elemental Scientific auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the current Auction which ends Next Thursday, May 4th. There's a lot more specialized glassware, e.g., condensers, Schlenk storage tubes, bottles, clamps, etc.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

Over 200 items!

tomholm - 26-4-2023 at 10:03

Quote: Originally posted by Raid  
Do you happen to have a list of the chemicals you sell?

Here is a list of chemicals.

Attachment: Chemical Inventory Summary 8-10-2022 .xlsx (53kB)
This file has been downloaded 223 times

Texium - 26-4-2023 at 10:25

I finally placed a few bids! Do you happen to have an estimate on how much the shipping costs are? Would be a shame to get a great deal on some items only to get crushed by shipping costs…

Rainwater - 26-4-2023 at 15:49

Same here, they got some deals and steals, I will let everyone know how the experience is

crow6283 - 26-4-2023 at 16:07

Quote: Originally posted by Rainwater  
Same here, they got some deals and steals, I will let everyone know how the experience is

I’ve bought plenty of stuff from them over the years, including in the last year both equipment through kbid and chemicals from Tom. Super good people for what it’s worth.

ErgoloidMesylate - 9-5-2023 at 18:21

Hi All,

The BME/Elemental Scientific auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the current Auction which ends Next Thursday, May 4th. There's a lot more specialized glassware, e.g., condensers, Schlenk storage tubes, bottles, clamps, etc.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

Over 200 items!

I noticed you had 3 fritted filter tubes.

Some of those have stopcocks, other don't.

For those who may not know, if you do a reaction for instance under inertness, and you have a precipitate, instead of cannula filtering to isolate, either with pressure or vaccum, you attach your reaction flask to it, and similarly another one on the other joint. When ready you merely turn it upside down to filter. Then you remove the solvent and put one in that will dissolve your precipitate.

Texium - 9-5-2023 at 18:56

Yep, they’re pretty great! I won one of them. It’ll certainly be a nice thing to have.

Rainwater - 12-5-2023 at 13:40

Just got my stuff in today, very well packed, this lady knows how to mail glassware amd is a pleasureto talk to. Shipping was not to bad. Considering the retail price vs bid+shipping, i made out like a fat rat. Will shop here again

Rainwater - 19-7-2023 at 15:11

Hopefully, we have not run off tomholm, im looking forward to the next auction, gotten into the habit of searching k-bid once a week

Equipment Listing

tomholm - 9-8-2023 at 12:17

Hi All,

Here's a quick update on Elemental Scientific. We still have a lot of items and chemicals in the warehouse, so the auctions will continue, just a little slower than I'd like. I'll keep you informed here when another is scheduled. I believe the next one will be in 2-3 weeks.

In the meantime, we have a listing of many items that you can purchase directly from Elemental. The listing is stored on Google docs here. We will continue to update this listing and I expect that we will add some chemicals and equipment in the near future.

Please email to sales@elementalscientific.net with any questions.

Thanks.

Attachment: Chemical Inventory Summary 8-10-2022 .xlsx (53kB)
This file has been downloaded 136 times

Equipment Listing

tomholm - 9-8-2023 at 18:22

Hi All,

Here's a quick update on Elemental Scientific. We still have a lot of items and chemicals in the warehouse, so the auctions will continue, just a little slower than I'd like. I'll keep you informed here when another is scheduled. I believe the next one will be in 2-3 weeks.

In the meantime, we have a listing of many items that you can purchase directly from Elemental. The listing is stored on Google docs here. We will continue to update this listing and I expect that we will add some chemicals and equipment in the near future.

Please email to sales@elementalscientific.net with any questions.

Thanks.

[file]98043[/file]

New Auction!

tomholm - 1-9-2023 at 13:28

Hi All,

The BME/Elemental Scientific auctions are starting up again! Here is the link to the current Auction which ends next Thursday.

If anyone is interested in the chemicals please check out the Elemental Scientific website for more information.

Auction

Items can be shipped.

over 100 items!

Rainwater - 7-9-2023 at 17:23

Anyone having trouble with square pay, looks like its down.

To the one who stole my auto transformer by a penny, i got your penny right here buddy. Right here

Edit: payments are working now

[Edited on 8-9-2023 by Rainwater]

tomholm - 2-10-2023 at 12:51

Hi All,

I have a question on mercury thermometers. I have a large quantity of partial immersion, mercury thermometers of various temperature ranges, many that go very high temps (500 0F, 700 0F), as well as moderate temps (-10 0C - 200 0C). I'd like to see them go to a good use, rather than just recycling them. And of course, they cannot be sold in many states unless they are going to be used in a laboratory. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do with these? Not looking to make a lot of money on them.

Thanks, and I appreciate your input.

Tom

Deathunter88 - 3-10-2023 at 07:42

Hi All,

I have a question on mercury thermometers. I have a large quantity of partial immersion, mercury thermometers of various temperature ranges, many that go very high temps (500 0F, 700 0F), as well as moderate temps (-10 0C - 200 0C). I'd like to see them go to a good use, rather than just recycling them. And of course, they cannot be sold in many states unless they are going to be used in a laboratory. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do with these? Not looking to make a lot of money on them.

Thanks, and I appreciate your input.

Tom

I thought that law was only targeted towards mercury fever thermometers? Additionally, I see little problem with just selling them as antiques, I for one would love to buy some from you.

tomholm - 3-10-2023 at 10:12

Quote: Originally posted by Deathunter88  

I thought that law was only targeted towards mercury fever thermometers? Additionally, I see little problem with just selling them as antiques, I for one would love to buy some from you.

The laws vary greatly by state and have been revised over the years. The EPA website makes it sound as if the restrictions are on fever thermometers, but it really depends on the state law. Many of the initial exceptions have been taken away, such as use in food processing, calibration services, research & laboratory use, etc. "Antiques" is not a recognized exception. In my state of Minnesota, the law does not cover thermometers manufactured prior to the law enacted in 2002. My thermometers are old stock manufactured prior to the enactment; so based on that, you might say that is an "antique" exception.

charley1957 - 3-10-2023 at 11:53

Hey Tom just send all those "old" thermometers to me, I'll find something to do with them.:cool:

charley1957 - 3-10-2023 at 11:56

Show us a list, I'm not the only one here who might be interested in some of them. I used to have a long glass yellowback mercury thermometer I used for outside temperature. I wish I'd taken it with me when I moved away from that house. I'd certainly love to have another, and would love to see what other ones you have to offer.

Dr.Bob - 13-10-2023 at 10:04

I bought a few things (I actually needed a few things that I don't have in my pile of glassware) from Tom at Elemental, and the sale was easy, the shipping was great, and the items were good. I am very happy with what I got, and for a great price. I am sorry to see him leave the science sales business, as I am only liquidating stuff, not running an ongoing business, and I hate to see people less able to do home science. Hopefully others will keep filling the void.

New Auction!

tomholm - 27-10-2023 at 14:53

Elemental Scientific is officially a K-BID affiliate and we are hosting our own auctions!

My goal is to continue to host auctions more frequently and on a more regular basis. These auctions will consist mainly of scientific equipment, supplies, and chemicals. The current auction has over 50 lots available including: graduated cylinders, power transformers, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, adapters, hot plates and much more!
Visit the Auction Closes 11/2/2023.

Auction Shipping Options
Shipping is available for most items. We offer USPS and UPS as shipping options. Visit the online auction website for more details.

Looking for something else?
If you want to buy some specific labware that is not listed in a current auction, you can always visit our online store for chemicals, equipment, and glassware.
Visit the Store! Elemental Store

Many of you know that in addition to Elemental Scientific, I also own and operate two other related businesses: BME Lab and Science - services and calibrates laboratory equipment, and Green Science Solutions - offers sustainable cleaning, testing, and indoor air quality solutions.

You can learn more about these services and products at:

BME Lab and Science and Green Science Solutions.

As always, thanks for your support.

Auction #2

tomholm - 10-11-2023 at 07:55

Second Auction now live!

The current auction has 100 lots available including: graduated cylinders, power transformers, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, heating mantels, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction. Closes 11/16/2023.

Auction Shipping Options
Shipping is available for most items. We offer USPS and UPS as shipping options. Visit the online auction website for more details.

If you want to buy some specific labware that is not listed in a current auction, you can always visit our online store for chemicals, equipment, and glassware.
Visit the Store! Elemental Store

New Auction!

tomholm - 26-11-2023 at 19:43

Third Auction now live!

The current auction has 60 lots available including: beakers, graduated cylinders, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction. Closes 11/30/2023.

Auction Shipping Options

Visit the Elemental Store

Sir_Gawain - 28-11-2023 at 10:41

Just received my order!

IMG_0102.jpeg - 1.2MB
Thanks Tom!

Texium - 28-11-2023 at 11:06

Ah, so you were the one who outbid me on those bottles! ;)

Sir_Gawain - 28-11-2023 at 12:32

Yep!:D
I’ve been wanting some for a while to store WFNA in.

New Auction!

tomholm - 11-12-2023 at 08:36

A new auction is now underway and has 100 lots available including: beakers, graduated cylinders, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction. Closes 12/14/2023.

Auction Shipping Options

New Auction!

tomholm - 6-1-2024 at 14:25

A new auction is now underway and has 100 lots available including: beakers, graduated cylinders, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction. Closes 1/11/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

New Auction!

tomholm - 20-1-2024 at 06:47

Visit the Auction. Closes 1/25/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

New Auction!

tomholm - 30-1-2024 at 07:37

Visit the Auction. Closes 2/1/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

New Auction!

tomholm - 21-2-2024 at 09:21

New Auction!

A new auction is now underway and has 100 lots available including: microscopes, beakers, graduated cylinders, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction. Closes 2/22/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

New Auction!

tomholm - 25-2-2024 at 18:55

A new auction is now underway and has 100 lots available including: microscopes, beakers, graduated cylinders, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction. Closes 3/1/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

New Auction!

tomholm - 11-3-2024 at 13:15

Visit the Auction . Closes 3/14/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

Cendre - 11-3-2024 at 14:25

Is the shipping of the items of the auction only to the US or also international ? (If so there is so much I want to buy, getting bulky glassware in the plane is not an option unfortunately)

[Edited on 12-3-2024 by Cendre]

Cendre - 13-3-2024 at 17:22

Quick update: it appears they do, so yay!

New Auction!

tomholm - 20-3-2024 at 05:36

Visit the Auction. Closes 3/21/2024.

Auction Shipping Options

Visit the Elemental Store.

A new auction underway, April 2024

charley1957 - 5-4-2024 at 18:25

I’ve looked at all the items of the latest auction of lab equipment. Too many items are completely undescribed. No joint sizes in the descriptions, are the items plastic or glass when there is a choice, how thick are the glass plates, what size stopper does it take, etc, etc. These things make a difference. How can I know if I want these items if I can’t see the most basic things about some of them? The descriptions tell you virtually nothing, and often there is only a single photo. I’m not looking for a whole engineering description, just some of the most basic parameters.

dettoo456 - 6-4-2024 at 07:03

I think since everything is so cheap you’ll need to assume for most items that they are what you’d need.

I do understand what you mean though - try contacting tomholm for more info on a item-by-item basis. I believe he’s just try to clear excess inventory and the way he has things listed is just the fastest and easiest.

Dr.Bob - 6-4-2024 at 17:43

I see what you mean, some things it is not clear the quantity or size. I would email Tom and ask for details. Maybe they can add more details to some listings.

New Auction!

tomholm - 8-4-2024 at 07:23

A new auction is now underway and has 170 lots available including: microscopes, beakers, graduated cylinders, boiling flasks, Erlenmeyer flasks, culture tubes, clamps, and other interesting items!
Visit the Auction . Closes 4/11/2024.

I've also read comments on the item descriptions and have passed those comments along to the team and asked them to review the descriptions. If you have any questions, please email info@elementalscientific.net and we'll do our best to provide more info.

Auction Shipping Options

Visit the Elemental Store.