Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Science equipment looking for a home

Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Dr.Bob - 28-2-2011 at 20:54

I am helping to clear out some equipment left by a small biotech company that went bust and owed a friend some money. They left him a pile of equipment instead.

There is a wide variety of mostly used glassware and a little new. There are all sizes of beakers, erlenmeyers, filter flasks, crystallizing dishes, 14/20 and 24/40 glassware of all types, and much more. The items that I have a lot of I am trying to sell on Ebay, but I have a lot of odd items and single pieces that are hard to even describe, and a lot of work to list for one or two items. I am happy to sell the items at a low cost, about 1/4 of new or below any other Ebay price. If anyone are interested in more info, please send me an email at craigslistinnc@gmail.com for a partial list of what I have inventoried so far and a desired sale price. But you can also just ask me if I have something, and I'll let you know if I have it.

Shipping would be actual costs from NC. I think this can help independent scientists, and well as help me recover some of my friends money. Thanks,

Bob

Sedit - 28-2-2011 at 21:55

If your willing to sell cheep and negotiate would you mind posting a link to the Ebay stuff for further study? Im kind of in the market for glassware right now but my mind is torn between my uncontrolable urge to spend money and the things I really need to complete a ceramic project im hell bent on.

I want to see photos of a decent distillation/reflux setup that I would be able to expand on at a later date. This is my main desire for glassware as this is what I have wanted since I was around 9 years old. Instead I have always just improvised which I got rather good at. Im older and less broker :). Whatcha got cheep?

Arthur Dent - 1-3-2011 at 07:10

I might be interested in some of the ground glass labware, in particular any and all adapters from 24/40 to 19/38 to 14/20 and any combination of the three. And perhaps taper thermometer adapters in teflon or glass. Thanks for the offer and let me know! :D

Robert

skweeck - 4-3-2011 at 15:18

Hello i am in the market for cheap beakers and filtering flasks!

ps To Sedit : tool is my favorite band lol just in case you cared heh

Melgar - 4-3-2011 at 17:10

I'm needing a buchner funnel and flask. I already have a flask, but it's really small, and I don't have a funnel to go with it. Also, one of those ring stands, but with a clamp that can hold a condenser instead of a ring. Oh yeah, and a pair of 24/40 flasks to go on the ends of my distillation setup. Possibly a few stirrer magnets, and I suppose a vacuum aspirator would be really nice. Some really small, like 50 mL, beakers or flasks would be nice too, since all mine are quite big.

I think I ought to leave it at that for now. Oh yeah, and everything I listed is roughly in order of what I need most, to what I could do without for quite a while.

Hope this deal ends up working out. :)

Dr.Bob - 5-3-2011 at 21:00

Quote: Originally posted by skweeck  
Hello i am in the market for cheap beakers and filtering flasks!

ps To Sedit : tool is my favorite band lol just in case you cared heh

I have put some of the simpler glassware on Amazon. I have sets of beakers, erlenmeyers, filter flasks, and grad cyl. for sale there. The links are below. I can also sell any of the items separately, but for small items, the shipping costs gets higher than the item.

If people are interested in 14/20 or 24/40 stuff, send me a list of what you want, and I can try to give a price. I am trying to create a list, but there is an endless amount of stuff, so it is slow to get done. I welcome feedback on what people would like, but it is taking me some time to get a list together.

Bob

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004OA25XC/ref=dp_olp...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004O9X2TO/ref=sr_1_1...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0018QJL3C/ref=sr_1_1...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003MYVV9U/ref=sr_1_1...

smaerd - 5-3-2011 at 21:21

He's legitimate. I can vouch.

nitric - 5-3-2011 at 23:07

If you can post photos of the ground glass joint glassware it would be easier to see if there is anything anyone wants.

Intergalactic_Captain - 6-3-2011 at 01:00

This sounds like a perfect opportunity - I've been wanting a 14/20 setup ever since I pieced together my 19/22 stuff - Always thought bigger was better, but for most of what I do my glassware is TOO big.

...I'll add to the choir and request a list of what you've got for sale - Or pictures... In particular, I'm interested in something like a basic "distillation kit" in 14/20, one and two neck flasks in 50-250mL (doesn't really matter if it's cheap)... Odds and ends are easy to find, but a decent 14/20 setup at a decent price has proved quite elusive over the years - Piss easy to find 24/40 and some 19/22 gear, but smaller is much tougher to find...

bwpatton1 - 7-3-2011 at 16:30

I might be interested in some of the equipment as I am just getting into this passion and am setting up my lab soon. I would also be interested in a list of items and possible prices.

MrHomeScientist - 8-3-2011 at 09:28

Count me in for wanting a list of items. I'm in the market for a simple, all ground glass distillation kit (probably 24/40), and a nice sep funnel in particular, but I'd like to see what else you've got in stock.

bugler - 9-3-2011 at 06:20

Also interested in list. What about in person pickup/shopping? Might be spending a few days in the RTP area soonish....

Glassware for sale

Dr.Bob - 10-3-2011 at 20:30

Here is a basic list of the glassware. I got it small enough to attach directly. This is only a part of the materials, I am still going through boxes. Most things listed are in very good condition, but I have some new stuff, some like new, and some only good. I am not selling any chipped or cracked glassware.

The list price is just a catalog price, I have created a sale price at 1/2 to 1/4 of the list price. In addition, if people want more items, I can give a overall discount. As well, the shipping is much more reasonable for multiple items. If you want things in the list, just send me a list and I will try to create a quote and estimate shipping costs. Then I can list it on Amazon, Ebay or Paypal. I am open to people in the NC area picking up items as well.

I have shipped items to several people from here, as well as sold a number of items on Amazon recently. Maybe once they have received them they can post a note giving their feedback. I would appreciate that.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (37kB)
This file has been downloaded 2775 times

Dr.Bob - 10-3-2011 at 20:33

Quote: Originally posted by nitric  
If you can post photos of the ground glass joint glassware it would be easier to see if there is anything anyone wants.

I have tried to put links to the Chemglass photos/diagrams for the ground glass items in the Excel file. If you have specific questions, I will try to take a photo, but I have been somewhat inundated lately, so it is taking me a little while to respond to people, so I am sorry for that.

Bob

Photos of condensers

Dr.Bob - 14-3-2011 at 19:05

Here is a Word file with a few photos of some condensers. I will try a few more after this.

Bob

Attachment: Photos of condensers.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 2150 times

Photos of some distillation heads

Dr.Bob - 14-3-2011 at 19:38

Here is a Word file with a few photos of some distillation heads.

Bob

Attachment: Photos Dist heads and claisen.doc (1.8MB)
This file has been downloaded 1990 times

equipment found a home

jimwig - 15-3-2011 at 15:39

science (chem) equipment found a home.... the dea.....

MrHomeScientist - 16-3-2011 at 07:21

Quote: Originally posted by jimwig  
science (chem) equipment found a home.... the dea.....

What's this all about?

Glassware for sale

Dr.Bob - 16-3-2011 at 19:17

Here are some vacuum inlet adapters in 24/40

Attachment: Photos of vacuum inlets.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 1848 times

Glassware for sale

Dr.Bob - 16-3-2011 at 19:52

Here is another few photos. If someone has a better solution to let me post or annotate photos, I am open to suggestions. I am used to Amazon which already has photos of most books.

Bob

Attachment: Photos of some 24-40 dist apparatus.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 1908 times

Glassware for sale

Dr.Bob - 16-3-2011 at 19:56

Here are two one piece distillation heads.

Attachment: Photos of one piece dist apparatus.doc (1.6MB)
This file has been downloaded 1802 times

Post order impressions.

init 1 - 17-3-2011 at 04:48

I've been lurking for a while, keeping quiet as I felt like too much of a newbie to have anything useful to say. I am tinkering with chemistry as a hobby, and I have been buying stuff from eBay, but I decided to e-mail Dr.Bob and did end up purchasing a few pieces to learn with.

My experience working with him has been very good; I wish I had bought from him before buying some of my stuff on eBay. I received my packages yesterday. I can snap some pics if any one wants to see what I received, but the condition of the equipment is much better than many of the auction I have won. The equipment I purchased is used, and there are some minor discolorations on a couple pieces, but I considered that par for the course. The one I noticed in particular looks like a mild hard water stain, but almost everything won in auctions was in similar condition at best and usually MUCH worse.

I am looking at a second order, and although I fear he may sell out on some of the stuff before I can buy it, I would recommend that anyone who is hesitant should just email him. He's a nice guy and answered a few of my newbie questions.

I ordered several sizes of flasks and beakers, and he discounted the price further, so he may negotiate or discount an order if you are buying several. The postage charged was on-target for the price the post office charged him, and the items were very well packed. Two big boxes made it cross-country with no problems, despite some "exceptional" USPS employee leaving a footprint on the box.

I know that the first post of a lurker is a less than ideal as a reference, but I can answer any questions about my experience. Hopefully an established member will order and confirm my impressions, I guess I should have unlurked earlier.

I know I am ling winded, another reason I have waited so long, but if anyone has made it this far I could use some advice as to which of the joint sizes I should choose. Up till now I have just been buying 24/40, but I don't have a huge amount, and I get the impression the 14/20 may be better for a hobby tinkerer like me. Can anyone suggest a criteria to determine which way to go? I only intend on buying one, don't have room for multiple unfortunately.

SHADYCHASE54 - 19-3-2011 at 20:48

I can also vouche for Dr.Bob if you are wanting some items get em while the getting is good. He is a very nice guy who has been very helpful in putting my order together. I was a little hesitant in that my order exceeds $125.00 I was going to split it up into two orders in that I didn't know him and a private buy lacks buyer protection. Within a few hours of sending him a note stating my issues he offered to post my buy through ebay allowing me to qualify under ebay buyer protection. This guy is legit and an absolute pleasure to deal with so as I said get it while the gettings good!

SHADYCHASE54

MrHomeScientist - 4-4-2011 at 20:47

One more positive reference for Dr.Bob from me!

I just completed a >$200 order with him, and it all went very smoothly. Great communication throughout, and very accommodating of my many changes and last minute additions :) I got a mix of new and used glass. The used stuff is a bit scratched up, but still perfectly functional and the price is definitely right.

When I got my package everything was packed very well, especially considering the random shapes and sized of the stuff I wanted. Only two flasks were cracked, and he promptly sent me some replacements. He also threw in a number of other goodies to fill up space in the box, which was extremely generous.

Definitely a great person to deal with, and an awesome opportunity for me to flesh out my glassware supplies with some much-needed equipment! Thanks! :D

bwpatton1 - 5-4-2011 at 13:26

Yet another positive refrence for Dr. Bob!

My order arrived yesterday and everything was in wonderful condition. Shipping was excellent, every item was carefully wrapped. At prices that cant be beat, I may just have to order some more stuff from him! Get it while its still available.

#maverick# - 7-4-2011 at 19:44

you wouldnt happen to have any more 24/40 still heads would you?

Dr.Bob - 8-4-2011 at 06:01

Quote: Originally posted by #maverick#  

I have several 24/40 distillation adapters with inlets for ground glass joint thermometers. I also have more complex entire heads (with either a claisen head, condenser or vigreux column attached), also, mostly with joints for ground glass joint thermometers. But I do not have any thermometers for them available. (I think they got handled special due to mercury issues, do I never got them). I am still trying to find all of the distillation parts and get photos, but uploading photos is still slow for me. I am trying to find a better way to upload a group of photos in some order.

Bob

#maverick# - 8-4-2011 at 13:18

i am interested in a 24/40 adapters and a 24/40 condensor when i have some disposable income i will pm you. you can try uploading photos like in a picasa album maybe?

Nilson - 9-4-2011 at 06:03

I completed a $250 order from Dr. Bob, it went smoothly, shipping was very fast (aided by the fact it came from NC, and I'm in VA)

GreenD - 23-4-2011 at 19:17

This was possibly the easiest transaction I've ever made on the internet - I'll vouch for Dr.Bob any day.

~120$ - happy as a clam.

Another great deal with Dr. Bob...

kenofken - 2-5-2011 at 10:46

I bought a big lot of media bottles from him and it was a pleasure doing business. We did a little bit of camel trading over numbers and price, but when it all shakes out, if you agree to take more stuff off his hands, he gives you a very reasonable unit price and tends to add in some extra. Kind of like that buddy you had in college who sold weed and always made sure it weighed heavy. (What can I say, that's high praise in biology circles):D

The whole deal took a few weeks to put together, but that was entirely my doing, as I was in no hurry. Once he got it all packed up and sent, it got here in one week. I had a couple losses to breakage, which is almost inevitable with that much glass, but the net result was still a very fair deal.

Dr.Bob - 4-5-2011 at 11:16

I did find some more 24/40 distillation head adapters now, with 24/40 joints at the top, bottom and side. I had run out and only had top thermometer joints left, but I have about 5 more now which I found.

Bob

#maverick# - 4-5-2011 at 11:25

how much are the heads?

Dr.Bob - 5-5-2011 at 06:38

how much are the heads?

The simple 24/40 dist. heads are $20 plus S/H (only a few $ for one).

There is a inventory and price list, abeit out of date, back a few posts. I need to update it and repost it, but it has most of the glassware listed. I still have lots of dist. equipment, 3 necked flasks of many sizes, and scads of 14/20 glassware. My 24/40 glassware is starting to run out of a few sizes, but I have lots of 50 ml RBFs, a few 100 and 250 ml flasks, and then some larger ones left. And some dist. heads, claisens, condensers, etc left.

Plus I have some beakers, a fair number of new and used erlenmeyers, lots of filter flasks of all sizes, and much, much more.

Bob

sckuzzle - 7-5-2011 at 19:28

I bought from Bob through paypal and everything came, without a single piece broken. Would definitely recommend, as not only are the prices great, but he's a nice guy!

#maverick# - 7-5-2011 at 20:04

you still got
Adapter, Vacuum Take-off, 105°, curved 24/40
Claisen Adapter, 24/40
Adapter, Distillation, 24/40 Joint Size, Side Inner Joint At 75°
and a graham condenser or atleast a liebig 24/40 joints?

#maverick# - 13-5-2011 at 18:40

so do you have any more of the above stuff

Dr.Bob - 16-5-2011 at 06:47

Yes, I have the following:

Claisen Adapter, 24/40
graham condenser 24/40 joints

Please send me a note with your city and state and I can give you exact shipping costs, but this would roughly be $90 to most places in the US.

Bob

I still have boxes of glassware. I am slowly running out of a few larger sized items (like 4 L beakers, and 1 L 24/40 RBFs), but have lots of most items still. I'll upload a newer spreadsheet inventory soon.

Bob

#maverick# - 16-5-2011 at 07:54

$90 with shipping? please reserve those items for me as i will buy them once i have some expendable income(within a few weeks)

#maverick# - 16-5-2011 at 13:18

and yes please upload the spredsheet it will help me better plan my purchases

Dr.Bob - 19-5-2011 at 09:31

Here is a more current list of glassware and prices. All items are subject to prior sale, but if you are interested something, just let me know and I can verify that I still have it, as well as tell you what the condition is and about what it would cost to ship. A list if fine, either as an email or even just add a column to the spreadsheet and put how many of something that you want for each item. Whatever works is fine.

Thanks to all of the people who have bought items so far, it has helped me clear out a part of my garage as well as provided some income for my friend.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory 5-18-2011.xls (49kB)
This file has been downloaded 5530 times

MrHomeScientist - 20-5-2011 at 06:35

Just received another order from Bob, and everything came in great! As always the prices are reasonable and he threw in a metric assload of extra stuff for me! Very pleased with the whole experience. Thanks again!

I'm interested in similar stuff.

albqbrian - 27-5-2011 at 22:48

you still got
Claisen Adapter, 24/40
and a graham condenser or atleast a liebig 24/40 joints?

Mainly the vacuum take off and the thermometer holder/side arm thing. I mean the piece you'd put in the top of your RB flask to hold thermometer and feed to your condenser. Or just a thermometer holder. All in 24/40.

What about plain thermometers?

THx for your time.

Brian

#maverick# - 30-5-2011 at 15:59

well dr bob i have some money ill contact u when i get it paypal

#maverick# - 30-5-2011 at 17:43

so how much would this cost me with shippin g to Chicago,IL 60659
Claisen Adapter, 24/40
graham condenser 24/40 joints
24/40 500 ml 3 necked RBF

#maverick# - 1-6-2011 at 18:36

just completed a 100 dollar order everyting went smooth

smaerd - 1-6-2011 at 19:34

any chance you have a 24/40 addition funnel laying around? :)

#maverick# - 1-6-2011 at 19:50

check the spread sheet i think he had one

#maverick# - 1-6-2011 at 19:51

Addition Funnel, equilibrated, 24/40 60 ml 5 $150.00 $40.00
Addition Funnel, equilibrated, 24/40 125 ml 5 $180.00 $50.00
Addition Funnel, equilibrated, 24/40 250 ml 5 $200.00 $50.00
Addition Funnel, equilibrated, 24/40 500 ml 5 $220.00 $50.00

#maverick# - 6-6-2011 at 10:32

wow just received and he gave me some extra stuff will be purchasing again soon

Dr.Bob - 7-6-2011 at 06:58

Quote: Originally posted by smaerd  
any chance you have a 24/40 addition funnel laying around? :)

Yes, I have the ones listed above and a few other sizes. The second price is the one I am selling at. Let me know what size you want, if you prefer glass or teflon, and what condition you want (if you only want like new, or if being older and having some scratches is OK.) Those all influence the price.

Bob

SovereignSolip - 14-6-2011 at 11:31

Did one order for $120, 2 condensers(allhin, reflux) and 500ml addition funnel. Just payed for another, 2 boxes, assorted boiling flasks, heating mantle. Will be ordering again very soon.

ScienceHideout - 18-6-2011 at 09:15

Do you have ANY 19/22?

Dr.Bob - 22-6-2011 at 06:51

I have one box of 19/22 glassware, with about 10 flasks (~ 25-250 ml), 2 addition funnels (250 ml and a smaller one), several condensers, some distillation adapters, and a bunch of other random 19/22 glassware bits. I also have a bag of ~10 blue plastic Keck clips for them. There are about 30 items total, not counting the Keck clips. And I would try to find any other remaining 19/22 glassware to throw in free.

I would sell the whole lot for $150, since I only have enough for about one full kit from it. One other person asked first about 19/22, so I need to get an answer from them, but if they don't want it, I would be happy to sell the lot of it.

I could post a photo if you are interested, I was planning on doing that eventually, but have been very busy at work lately.

Bob

ScienceHideout - 22-6-2011 at 08:24

I already have a couple addition funnels- I am quite interested in the flasks... what type are they? I am also interested in the 'random bits' and keck clips. I would appreciate a picture to help decide if I am interested- I LOVE 19/22. By any chance would you have a 14/20 to 19/22 adapter? The male should be 14/20.

Thanks!

hkparker - 1-7-2011 at 10:04

PM sent

barley81 - 26-7-2011 at 19:06

I purchased twice, the first time there were two breakages, but the items were replaced quickly and free of charge. A lot of extra stuff, it came almost packed in plastic pipettes! Shipping was fast and inexpensive and the items were packed very well. The second time, I bought the lot of 19/22 glassware (sorry ScienceHideout, I would sell you some duplicates). Nothing broke, again there were extra pipettes and SO MUCH stuff for $150. The highlights, among many other things:

250 mL pressure-equalized addition funnel
60 mL ""
Long Liebig condenser (>300mm)
Small West condenser
Vigreux column
Three sep funnels

I would definitely buy again, especially at these great prices, except my wallet needs a break.

Dr.Bob - 1-8-2011 at 03:19

I have found a box of test tubes, mostly odd sizes, which I would love to sell.

I have:

2 boxes of ~250 13 x 100 mm disposable culture tubes - $20 each
1 box of ~250 10 x 75 mm test tubes - $10
1 box of ~250 15 x 85 mm test tubes - $15
5 box of ~250 13 x 100 mm test tubes with screw top threads W/O caps - $20 each
( I can provide a few caps for each box, but they came without caps. - they use the same caps as 1 dram (4ml) vials.

The shipping cost will be the real cost of USPS to you from NC.

Bob

14/20 glassware

Dr.Bob - 1-8-2011 at 18:10

Here is some of the 14/20 glassware that I have available. This is only a portion, but will give you an idea of some of it. Please inquire if you are interested in any of it. Feel free to make an offer if you want or ask for a price. If you want larger photos, send me an U2U with an email address and I will send the larger photos to you.

Thanks to everyone who has bought glassware.

Bob

DSCN9218edit.JPG - 28kB DSCN9228edit.JPG - 28kB DSCN9235edit.JPG - 36kB DSCN9240edit.JPG - 36kB DSCN9243edit.JPG - 51kB

User - 2-8-2011 at 04:34

Where are you located? I am very interested but i'm concerned about shipping and costs involved.

Arthur Dent - 2-8-2011 at 05:56

All of this looks brand new! Argh if you weren't so far! :( :(

Robert

Dr.Bob - 2-8-2011 at 10:16

I am located in North Carolina. I have sold a few items to local people, that does help save shipping costs, but the shipping costs are very reasonable (in the US) for larger amounts, as the parcel post rate is only $20 for a 20 lb box of glassware on the east coast, which is a good amount of stuff.

A complete set of 14/20 glassware (5 or 6 round bottoms, dist head, claisen, vacuum inlet, condenser, and a few other items) would likely only cost about $10 to ship most places (maybe $15 to the west coast.)

I can ship to the UK, but the cost is not cheap. But up to 4 lbs can go first class, which would be about $15-$40 (for 1-4 lbs). For smaller or lighter items, that might be manageable.

The harder things to deal with are the larger 24/40 distillation stuff. I have some vacuum jacketed reflux columns which are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 feet long. They were used to distill isomers apart. The longest one might be able to separate isotopes, its so large. :-) I don't have a clue how to sell them, as they are so specialized. I also have some fairly complex dist. heads and pieces to go with them. The best one was broken a while back, but I helped us it years ago when helping my friend, he was separating chlorofluorocarbon isomers. It was worth $1000 just for the vacuum jacketed head and reflux setup. He could distill apart 1 degree BP isomers to high purities.

Bob

mr.crow - 2-8-2011 at 11:26

Arthur Dent, You shouldn't have any problem getting them shipped to Canada. Can probably fit a lot of 14/20 stuff in a box

GreenD - 2-8-2011 at 11:30

how much for a 24/40 spiral condensor or regular condensor? I also need one of those vacuum valves.

Dr.Bob - 2-8-2011 at 19:27

The spiral reflux condensers would be $20. The vacuum valves are $10 each.

I have shipped lots of glassware to Canada, just shipped one out today, about $18-20 for a 4 lb box. That is much less than Europe.

Bob

mr.crow - 3-8-2011 at 16:28

PM sent

bwpatton1 - 5-8-2011 at 08:33

Would you happen to have anything in an 18/9 ball/socket type? These are kinda an odd ball size but I have a small collection that I want to finish a distillation setup with.

Dr.Bob - 9-8-2011 at 03:52

I don't think I have anything in 18/9, but I will take a look. Not sure that I have ever seen it, but I have seen the spherical 35 size for rotovap receivers, vacuum traps, and flash columns. Sorry I don't think I can help.

Bob

redox - 9-8-2011 at 05:52

U2U sent

bwpatton1 - 9-8-2011 at 19:09

Thanks for the consideration, I figured you proabley wouldn't have any ball and joint glassware. It seems to be a fairly rare type of joint. I will proabley just finish that distillation set then go completely to another joint type/size. Can anyone reccomend the optimum ground glass joint size? I have some 14/20 but it seems quite small for distillation of any real size. 24/40 seems too big and is more expensive, then there is 19/22.....

smaerd - 9-8-2011 at 20:37

I suppose the question is, what do you want to distill?

all of my glass-ware is 24/40 and I wouldn't have it any other way(until I can eventually afford a short-path set-up).

bwpatton1 - 9-8-2011 at 20:59

I have absolutely no idea. Im just preparing for the worst? I will proabley try to go with 24/40 because its always easier to downsize, right? Besides my supplier guy might have some coming up here soon!

mr.crow - 10-8-2011 at 15:47

Just stick with 24/40 and get some flasks 50 mL to 2L in size. Lots of good deals on eBay and Internet stores. I have a distillation head with built in condenser that would work perfectly for small scale

Dr.Bob - 13-8-2011 at 12:08

Folks,

Several people have send me emails to craigslistinnc, inquiring about 14/20 dist. kits, where when I replied, they bounced back as undeliverable. So if you haven't gotten an answer to your request, that might be why. Just send me a u2u or resend your email from another account maybe. One was a safe-mail.net address. Also, I will post here what I have been telling people about 14/20 setups, since I have had the request a lot.

I have enough 14/20 glassware to create a few nearly complete 14/20 sets (See chemglass for an example. - http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-9800-01%201... )

I am happy to customize it, but here would be a typical example:

10, 25, 50, 100, and 250 ml round bottom flasks (RBF), plus a 100 or 250 ml 3 necks RBF. One each of a distillation, claisen, thermometer and vacuum adapter (I am running out of curved ones, so some people may get a straight vacuum adapter plus a curved adapter- I would let you know what I have before the order). Then a 14/20 liebig type condenser, a 14/20 glass stopper, a 14/20 powder funnel, one or two rubber septa, and a 14/20 glass inlet for the top. This would be about $80 plus shipping, which will run from about $10 to about $15 (west coast).

For a sep. funnel, addition funnel or second condenser, it would add about $15 - $25, depending on exactly what you want. I also have a coupe of dean Stark traps, some 4 way cow fractionating adapters, lots of smaller scale stuff, and much more. See the previous photos for more. Extra sets of 5 RBFs would be about $20 each. I even have a few dewar type condensers, they would be $25 - $30 each. (see examples at
http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1209-A )

For a similar 24/40 type setup as above, I can provide one each of 25, 50, 100, and 250 RBF (I am out of 500 and 1000 ml RBFs currently, might have a few pear or recovery ones left), plus a 250 ml 3 neck flask (other sizes also available), and a distillation adapter, claisen adapter, vacuum adapter, and thermometer adapter. (I also have some combination heads with a vigreux column, or heads with condensers attached). Then I have a few condensers left, of a few types. I will run out of those shortly, but they are not hard to find elsewhere. Assuming I have all of the pieces to add a condenser, gas adapter and all of the other other misc,. pieces, that would be about $100, but most of these will be customized to match what you want and what I have left.

Lastly, I have seen a number of people asking about glass bottles and containers. I have a bunch of misc. containers, glass and plastic, wash bottles, media bottles (50 to 2000 ml), 1 and 2 L glass joint reagent bottles, Quarpak bottles in a few sizes (many unused), some Nalgene plastic bottles, and various other containers with many types of lids, some of which are more resistant than others to temperature and chemicals. So if you are looking for them, let me know what you want, and I will see if I have it. I want to get rid of them, so I will sell at a good price. Some are listed in the list, but not all.

Thanks to the people who have ordered from me, I am making a dent in the pile of boxes, and I am happy to see people able to use some of this glassware.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (47kB)
This file has been downloaded 1443 times

redox - 20-8-2011 at 18:59

I met with Dr. Bob personally, and bought a dean-stark trap, a cow, a 50 mL pres. equalized addition funnel, adjustable gas inlet adapter, friedrichs condenser, 16 pyrex media bottles, and a sublimation apparatus, all for 100$! He throws in free items and gives huge discounts. I highly recommend him.

Thanks Bob!:D

All the pieces were 14/20.

[Edited on 21-8-2011 by redox]

weldit - 20-8-2011 at 19:33

Would you happen to have a cow adapter 24/40?
They are hard to find used and it would make vacuum distillations so much less work.

sternman318 - 21-8-2011 at 17:45

Recently recieved an order of 14/20 glassware from Dr. Bob. He is absolutely wonderful to deal with! Very helpful/ flexible, UNBELEIVABLE prices, throws in extras, ships it well- highly recommended!!

Dr.Bob - 28-8-2011 at 17:45

Here is a newer list of glassware. I have sold a lot recently, so thank you to everyone who has bought items.

I am out of 500 and 1000 ml 24/40 rbfs, most sizes of beakers other than small and 2000 ml, 125, and 250 ml Erlenmeyer flasks, and a few other things. I still have a lot of 14/20 items (see previous posts for photos) and a fair amount of 24/40 distillation equipment.

I also just found a box of Dewar flasks, some small, medium and large, short form ones, and a variety of diameters in tall ones like for vacuum traps. I haven't figured out prices yet, but I will add them shortly. I also have a few traps with them, some are quite large.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (48kB)
This file has been downloaded 1253 times

#maverick# - 28-8-2011 at 17:58

do you have any sample vials with screw tops, preferrably glass

[Edited on 29-8-2011 by #maverick#]

mr.crow - 7-9-2011 at 20:44

Dr Bob is awesome. Buying tons of stuff from him

Domo_Kun - 25-9-2011 at 05:42

Don't imagine you have anything left?

Claudie - 6-10-2011 at 16:49

Dr. Bob,
Do you have any of the 2000 ml beakers left?

Glassware Inventory Update

Dr.Bob - 31-10-2011 at 18:52

I still have lots of 14/20 glassware available, including kits of an assortment of flasks from 10-250 ml, adapters, condenser, etc for $80-100 each. Plus I have lots of odd bits of 14/20 left.

I have very few 24/40 flasks left, but some adapters and other pieces. I have some 2 and 3 L 24/40 and larger joint one necks left, a few 1 and 2 liter 2 or 3 necks, and lots of odd pieces left.

I still have lots of filter flasks, buchner funnels, some sized erlemeyers, dewars, traps, crystallizing dishes, vol. flasks, and much more. The latest list is attached. If interested, please send me a U2U or email me at craigslistinnc at gmail dot com.

I also have a few biology items, like plastic petri dishes, plastic pipette tips, multi well plates, etc as well.

I have lot of other items, like chromatographic columns, which are harder to describe, since they are not very standardized. But if you are looking for something, let me know and I will let you know if I have it.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (48kB)
This file has been downloaded 1197 times

Roachburn - 1-11-2011 at 22:11

do you have any distillation sets or condensers by themselves?

Dr.Bob - 2-11-2011 at 09:54

I can sell any individual parts by themselves, just let me know what you need, if I have it, I can sell it. I only have a few 24/40 condensers left that are not part of more complex pieces, but I am happy to sell them as a single piece. I have a larger assortment of 14/20 glassware, including a few types of condensers. I only mentioned the kits as many people want to buy a whole set of glassware, and the shipping is much cheaper to buy one whole box of stuff than a bunch of individual items one at a time. But I am flexible on selling stuff. Whatever gets it out of my way is good.

Bob

Roachburn - 3-11-2011 at 18:44

I didnt see a full set from what you had on the list. I'm looking for 24/40 distillation setup with a liebig or similar condenser.
If you happen to have a condenser 24/40 and still have items # 213 and 223 and a couple 500- 1000ml flasks (round or flat) to fit the setup I would buy it. approximately how much for these items and shipping to New Mexico USA if you do have them? Also, are you on ebay? where are you selling from. Thanks a bunch.

24/40 setups

Dr.Bob - 4-11-2011 at 06:35

I do have some 24/40 left, I have been making setups for people to their specs, but an entire 24/40 basic kit would be about $100. The main problem is that most of the dist. heads that I have left are for a 10/30 thermometer, which I don't have any of, but they are available on Ebay.

I can list things on Ebay, but that adds a lot in fees, so I usually just negotiate an order via email, then figure the actual shipping and do the transactions via Paypal. Shipping for a 4 lb box to NM would be about $12, that would hold a basic 24/40 setup, with more flasks, it would go up about $2 per pound. I do have a few condensers left, but not a large selection anymore.

Bob

12332123 - 12-1-2012 at 16:15

Are you willing to ship to the UK?

Dr.Bob - 13-1-2012 at 07:12

Yes, I can ship smaller items to the UK. For packages under 4 pounds, the cost is $14 for the 1st pound up to $32 for 4 lbs. Larger items are about $7 per pound, but customs are much easier for under 4 lbs.

What most people have found worth shipping overseas is smaller RB flasks, most 14/20 stuff, some 24/40 items, small sep. funnels, and other smaller items. I have shipped entire 14/20 setups for under $30, which is still a bargain compares to some places.

Beakers, erlenmeyers, filter flasks, and metals items usually end up being too expensive to ship compared to buying from the UK.

I have been trying to update my lists and photos, but have been too busy shipping stuff to get it done very quickly. But I still have a lot of glassware, lots of erlenmeyers, volumetrics, filter flasks, 14/20 flasks, distillation apparatus, chromatography glassware, and much, much more. I also found some larger 29/42 flasks, distillation adapters and condensers recently, if anyone is interested in larger scale glassware. I still have a fair amount of 24/40 adapters, but very few 24/40 flasks left, only a few, mostly 50 ml ones, and a couple of other random ones.

AirCowPeaCock - 13-1-2012 at 08:29

How much for your smallest distillation apparatus? How much for a 200 ml filter flask? How about a buchner funnel?

Dr.Bob - 13-1-2012 at 10:37

If you go back about 8 posts, there is a list of item and prices in a spreadsheet. Note that most of this glassware is used, but I do have some new items, let me know if you have a preference. I ship the best used item that I have left in any category, so the first orders get the best stuff. And shipping is based on real costs, so it is not unreasonable, and there is only a small incremental cost for more items. I also give discounts for larger orders or multiples of an item.

I have been selling 14/20 setups with 5 single necks (10-250 ml) one or two 2 or 3 necks flasks (I have a variety), all of the usual adapters for vacuum distillations, a condenser or two, and a few other items for $100. Since I have a bunch of stuff, I can customize it to whatever you want, or if you don't know exactly what you want, I can provide a kit of basic stuff with a variety of items. If you want more or less, I can scale it to include more flasks, extra distillation pieces (like cow or bull fraction collectors, short paths, etc), different condensers, or other special pieces. Let me know what you want, and I can tell you the cost.

And a used 250 ml filter flask is $4 and Buchners are between $3 and $20, depending on size.

smaerd - 13-1-2012 at 17:11

I've probably spent 400$ with the guy so far and all I can say is incredible value, prompt delivery, good quality, and REALLY generous.

I know he's got plenty of vouches for him and I've vouched for him before, but if you're planning on making an order for general lab supplies you'll regret not checking with him first! Not trying to advertise but he's helped me out so much I figure the least I can do is give the guy some praise.

#maverick# - 16-1-2012 at 08:25

Quote: Originally posted by smaerd  
I've probably spent 400$ with the guy so far and all I can say is incredible value, prompt delivery, good quality, and REALLY generous.

I know he's got plenty of vouches for him and I've vouched for him before, but if you're planning on making an order for general lab supplies you'll regret not checking with him first! Not trying to advertise but he's helped me out so much I figure the least I can do is give the guy some praise.

same i can vouch made multiple orders valuing 300+ easy to work with and reasonable price overall an amazing seller!!!

Dr.Bob - 21-1-2012 at 09:38

Here is a new listing of what is left. I am mostly out of smaller one neck RBFs in 24/40 except for 50 ml. I have also mostly run out of larger heating mantles (1 L and over). I still have lots of 14/20 flasks, erlenmeyer flasks, filter flasks, grad. cyl. and volumetric flasks. I have plenty of 24/40 adapters and complex flasks left, but am out of some items. I have a number of addition funnels left, having found another box of them, as well as many sep funnels in smaller sizes, but I am running out of larger size ones.

I have gathered up a bunch of 29/42 items together, I have nearly an entire dist. kit, with many flasks (mostly multineck, but a few one necks), most of the adapters needed for distillations, one or two addition funnels, a few condensers and vigreux columns, and many more bits and pieces. I will try to post a photo or two shortly. I would love to sell the entire package as a lot of glassware, if anyone is interested. I have sold a few pieces here and there, but it makes more sense to keep it all together if someone wants to set up a large distillation kit or maybe a still for their biofuel... I am working to get a list and photos, but just wanted to mention it.

Thanks to everyone for their help with cleaning this out of my basement and garage, the pile is starting to get smaller, which is why I am finally getting to the last boxes to sort through. My friend, who lost his job but got to keep the glassware, is also happy, as he has gotten quite a bit back from this towards his retirement. If anyone has read the book "Excuse me sir, would you like to buy a kilo of isopropyl bromide?", then you will have a feeling for him, as he worked with Max Gergel on several ventures, and had a very interesting time, but it did not pay well. But he is a great chemist and is still doing well, although he recently lost his wife of 50+ years.

Bob

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (51kB)
This file has been downloaded 1039 times

Dr.Bob - 21-1-2012 at 10:23

Here are a few photos of some of the 29/42 glassware I have.

Not the top condenser in the second photo is broken, but still useable. This is only some of the adapters, I have more claisens and inlet adapters, many more larger flasks, with one and multiple necks, and much more not shown. I am happy to sell single pieces, a portion of it, or everything I have in one big sale. The more you want, the better the price I can do per item. The basic adapters I will sell for $20 each, the simple condensers for $25 each, and the flasks for the same price as a 24/40 one neck of the same size. The one condenser is a inside coil and outside jacket, it lists for $250 alone, I would do for $50. for an example, see http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-1215-A

But for example, if someone wanted all of the glassware in the 2 photos, I would be willing to sell that for about $250, and if you wanted that plus more and some larger flasks, I can create an even larger kit for a good price.

First come, first serve, except I have people who have asked about one part or two already, so if that sells before you ask, I would have to honor the previous buyer.

Bob

DSCN0172-smallerrot.JPG - 356kB DSCN0180-smallerrot.JPG - 429kB

Mirage - 1-2-2012 at 22:45

An awesome seller! I totally recommend Dr. Bob. He responded quickly to my U2Us despite the difference in time zone, kept me up to date on my order, great deal and a couple freebies/schwag! The prices are phenomenal, and he has a great selection! Like ordering from elemental scientific, but good Customer Service, and even better prices. If anything in your lab is cracked/broken, now is the time to buy!

Sincerely
Mirage

Dr.Bob - 2-2-2012 at 04:42

NOTE: The 29/42 glassware setup has been sold now. All I have left in 29/42 is a few larger flasks, mostly multineck ones.

Next up is a set of random 19/22 items, which are NOT a complete distillation setup, but would be a good addition to an existing one. I will sell the entire lot for $100, OBO plus about $10 shipping. There are about 10 flasks, a distillation head, several separate adapters, several condensers, a Dean Stark trap, and more. The long condenser has a 19/22 to 14/20 reducing adapter stuck in the top, might be able to remove it, might not. Not even sure what a few items are for. But it can all be yours for a song. If you want just part of this, I will sell individual parts if no one wants the whole lot.

19-22 glassware.JPG - 47kB

PS. One note on another topic: You MUST use a power controller of some sort with a heating mantle, to keep it from overheating. I have had a number of people ask me about buying heating mantles, and several were not aware of this. I will try to post a more detailed thread on this, along with some ideas for low costs ones once i have a few minutes. If anyone here has built there own, I would appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Bob

[Edited on 2-2-2012 by Dr.Bob]

Arthur Dent - 2-2-2012 at 05:06

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  

PS. One note on another topic: You MUST use a power controller of some sort with a heating mantle, to keep it from overheating. I have had a number of people ask me about buying heating mantles, and several were not aware of this. I will try to post a more detailed thread on this, along with some ideas for low costs ones once i have a few minutes. If anyone here has built there own, I would appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Bob

As you mentioned, this comment will also be for the upcoming heating mantle thread... I have seen 1000 watt and 2000watt standard rotary dimmers made by Leviton and Lutron at specialty electrical stores, could these be used for a standard mantle?

Robert

Neil - 2-2-2012 at 05:35

I rigged a regular light dimmer to a outlet and put the whole thing on a cord with a LED indicator.

So far it works great - there are papers from university profs who got ticked off about the cost of variacs and switched to dimmers.

In theory you do loose some definition in the lower power ranges - see relevant threads on SM- but I've never needed to heat anything just a few degrees for several hours.

BTW Order from Bob before it is too late!

[Edited on 2-2-2012 by Neil]

mr.crow - 2-2-2012 at 08:13

Quote: Originally posted by Arthur Dent  

As you mentioned, this comment will also be for the upcoming heating mantle thread... I have seen 1000 watt and 2000watt standard rotary dimmers made by Leviton and Lutron at specialty electrical stores, could these be used for a standard mantle?

Robert

I use a standard dimmer which is rated at 700W. Heating mantles are purely resistive loads, exactly like light bulbs. My 2L mantle is 600W I think

Pages:  1    3  ..  8