Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Science equipment looking for a home

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8

repo1030 - 26-1-2014 at 17:45

I ordered a 24/40 distillation kit from Dr. Bob several days ago and it arrived yesterday (1-25-14).

Each piece was neatly wrapped in bubble wrap and carefully packed into the shipping box. Everything arrived in pristine condition and I couldn't be happier. In addition to the glassware, I also ordered 2 ring stands, 3 large 3-finger clamps, and 3 boss-heads (which I was not charged for). I also received free rubber gloves, plastic/glass vials, and a handful of disposable pipettes. All of which always come in handy during lab sessions.

All of this plus shipping...$160!

On top of all of this, his communication with me on any questions I had were answered in a timely manner.

I would definitely order from him again ( and I'm sure I will in the near future).

So if you're reading this thread and are hesitant on ordering from him, do yourself a favor and send him a message. You won't regret it.

Dech92 - 31-1-2014 at 11:34

Hi Bob, if you find the time could you make a updated spread sheet?

a thumbs up for bob

quantumchromodynamics - 1-2-2014 at 05:50

Reporting > $200 shipment from Dr. Bob. Each object individually bubble wrapped. Related lots individually boxed. Individual boxes double boxed into shipping box. Variety of distillation glass is exceptional. I have never seen such massive thick walled vacuum flasks before. 2L separation funnel is outstanding! Communicates well. Prices very reasonable. Useful extra things added to shipment. Surprise!

Dr.Bob - 1-2-2014 at 19:29

I am running out a few things, out of most 24/40 round bottom flasks, out of most beakers, and a few other things. I still have some grad cyls, filter flasks, Buchners and frit funnels, and lots of 14/2- glassware. I have almost gathered together another complete 14/20 kit, if anyone is interested in a 14/20 setup, I can make up one with almost everything, only missing larger flasks, but I have a few left up to 250ml. I can do a complete kit with a mix of 10-12 flasks (1-3 necks in 10-250 ml), distillation adapters, vacuum inlets, claisen adapter, condenser, gas inlets, stoppers, and more for $80 or up, depending on what you want. I still have lots of 24/40 adapters and fittings, just running out of larger rbfs. I also just found 2 more sealed packages of 100 2.5 x 7.5 cm TLC plates which I will sell for $50 plus postage (about $5-7 within the US, ask me for other countries). I also have found more silica gel cartridges, in several sizes and styles, if anyone has a use for them (free samples with any purchase). I will mention that postage rates just went up yet again, and they raised parcel post rates a fair bit yet again, so please be aware that almost every package will be a few dollars more now than before.

Thanks to everyone for their patience, I was sick for a little while, but doing better now.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (70kB)
This file has been downloaded 827 times

PS, if anyone is interested in some scratch and dent glassware, I have a large number of filter flasks, erlenmeyers, and other glassware that have minor chips and scratches, etching, or dirt that don't make them unusable, but do make them less ideal for sure. I am working on a list/sale of them, but for sure I have several 125, 250, and 500 ml filter flasks with chipped tubulations (the tube sticking out to attach the hose to - I think), etc. i am willing to sell them for just a little over the postage to ship them, especially if someone can fire polish the rough edges. I also have a couple of nice items that need some real glassblower repair if anyone knows a glassblower I would be happy to sell cheap.

[Edited on 2-2-2014 by Dr.Bob]

Dean and Stark Apparatus

SigurdMunn - 4-2-2014 at 13:58

Does anyone have a Dean and Stark apparatus (or something similar) they're trying to let go? Amazon etc. doesn't seem to have much of a selection under $125 and I don't really know where to look for cheap equipment. Gracias!

zenosx - 4-2-2014 at 14:08

Just received my second order from the good Dr. and couldn't be happier. Professionally wrapped, no breakages, extra little goodies here and there and good prices.

Thanks again Dr.!

Dr.Bob - 5-2-2014 at 04:53

Quote: Originally posted by SigurdMunn  
Does anyone have a Dean and Stark apparatus (or something similar) they're trying to let go? Amazon etc. doesn't seem to have much of a selection under $125 and I don't really know where to look for cheap equipment. Gracias!

I have them in 24/40 still, for $20 plus shipping. Will that work?

Bob

UnintentionalChaos - 6-2-2014 at 10:39

I just got my third order from Dr. Bob. I swear, every time I order something, it's like Christmas again. I think there are more extras in here than the stuff I paid for. I couldn't be happier. Everything is, as always, extremely well packed.

Dr.Bob - 12-2-2014 at 14:33

Here are a few more things i have found recently. There are some flat bottomed round boiling flasks. I have lots of the 24/40 250 ml ones ($4 each), a few 250 ml w/o joints and a few each of the 500 ml ones without joints. I have a few of the west condenser in 24/40 ($20 each), plus some various Liebig condensers ($20, $25, and $30 for baby, momma and papa). I also have some drying pistol pieces, but only the one shown, I am missing the other half ($10 ea or make me an offer). And lastly a liquid/liquid extractor in 24/40 ($40) shown alone or with the matching condenser ($25) or both for $60. I have better files I can email people if they send me an email address.

DSCN3609  flat bot flasks small.JPG - 50kB DSCN3615  west 24-40 condenser small.JPG - 99kB DSCN3619  liebig 24-40 cond small.JPG - 106kB DSCN3628  dryimg pistol small.JPG - 48kB DSCN3641 extractor with cond small.JPG - 55kB

HeYBrO - 20-2-2014 at 02:19

I received my order from the famous Dr.Bob today. He said it would take 3-4 weeks got here in about 2.5! Everything is as he said, plus I got HEAPS of vials extra!! Excellent communication, glassware, prices and postage! Highly recommend!

Oscilllator - 20-2-2014 at 02:48

Order arrived promptly and well packed. Pleasure doing business! If I happen to find myself with some spare money, this is definitely where I will go.

another good shipment from dr. bob

quantumchromodynamics - 28-2-2014 at 17:25

At this point I hope everybody feels safe ordering from Dr.Bob, but I still wanted to say, ordering from Dr. Bob is a pleasure. He takes his stuff seriously, the packing is great, he does not quibble about silly bull shit, and he is very helpful with questions. Don't order any glass from e-bay if Dr. Bob can help you. You are just wasting time and money with e-bay if Dr. Bob can assist.

Dr.Bob - 28-2-2014 at 20:23

Thanks to everyone, I have been busy lately. Recently I found some more 14/20 glassware and have tried to put together a couple more 14/20 kits, plus lots of extra pieces. Here are some photos below. The kits would each be $100, but I would be happy to add a few flasks or other small items to them at no additional cost. One has a lot of Kontes glass, the second one is mostly Ace glassware.

The coil condensers would add $20, and I have extra one Liebig with a longer bottom joint, but it would work with most flasks, just sticking in further, only $15. I have a few short paths left, normal ones are $60, vacuum jacketed ones are $100. Then a bunch of odd pieces, make me an offer or ask. These would be good pieces to add to a kit. Then a small sample of some multineck flasks (most listed in the spreadsheet) and some distillation heads, starting at $15 for the simple ones, and up. But I would offer some discounts on extras for any kit purchased as well. Same discounts for any purchase of multiple flasks. I have round, oval, peal, and other flasks, in 1, 2, and 3 neck versions from 25 to 250 ml size in 14/20.

DSCN3930  14-20 kit1 small.JPG - 75kBDSCN3937  14-20 kit 2  small.JPG - 78kBDSCN3905  coil condenser small.JPG - 66kBDSCN3911  14-20 short pathes small.JPG - 61kB DSCN3912  14-20 odds small.JPG - 50kB DSCN3922  14-20 multineck small.JPG - 55kB DSCN3902   14-20 dist heads small.JPG - 42kB

[Edited on 1-3-2014 by Dr.Bob]

Mr_Magnesium - 28-2-2014 at 22:26

Any Australians/West coast looking to purchase glassware?

Hoping to find a glassware buddy to cut shipping costs

numos - 3-3-2014 at 19:32

My package arrived last Saturday, two days after I paid for it! Normally I don't give feedback but this is well deserved. Everything as described, nothing broken, and a bunch of extra goodies that made opening the box a delightful experience. Definitely going to buy from Dr. Bob again.

Dr.Bob - 22-3-2014 at 19:17

I found some more Pipettors recently, most are Gilson Pipetman type, but a few others as well, in 2, 10, 20, 100, 200, and 1000 ul size. I have been asking $50 each, but if anyone wants a set of 3 I can sell any three for $100 plus a few tips, and six (one of each size) for $200, plus the fancy rotating rack and a good supply of tips. If you want other brands, or other types, please let me know, and I can see what I have. I am working on photos of more of them, but this is what the Gilsons look like.

Gilson pipetman 2 - 1000 small.JPG - 50kB

HeYBrO - 23-3-2014 at 02:07

Did you find any 10/18 non-Hg thermometers too ? :P But seriously anyone know where to get cheap 10/18 non-Hg thermometers?

Dr.Bob - 24-3-2014 at 18:14

I have not found any more non-Hg therms recently. I wish I had some, but there are places that sell them, some of which are listed in here, if you search around. They come on Ebay sometimes, just have to watch it every week. And the Chinese ship them anywhere, as they don't seem to understand postal regs, and no one seems to stop them.

Dr.Bob - 29-3-2014 at 08:45

Here is another set of pipettors from Eppendorf, 10, 20, 100, 200, and 1000 ul. It does come with a lovely stand (not pictured). I'll do the entire set for $175 and throw in some sample tips as well.

I do have some other various loose pipettors from 2 - 1000 ul, which I would sell for $50 each, Gilson, Eppendorf, Rainin, Finn, etc

DSCN4050  Eppendorf 5 pipettor set small.JPG - 57kB

Dr.Bob - 29-3-2014 at 09:32

I finally found another box of larger flasks. First priority on these goes to people who had asked for a particular size first when I was out, but if they don't get back to me, then I will sell them to the first person who asks.

First is a 3L 24/40 one neck rbf, in good condition, no scratches or chips, asking $20 for it.

Next is a 3L 3 neck, center is 34/45 joint, both sides are 24/40, asking $40 for it.

Then a 2L 3 neck with center 29/42, both sides are 24/40 joints, asking $30 for it.

Then I have a couple Pyrex brand 2L rbfs, 24/40 one neck, in good condition, asking $15 for each. (no photo)

Next, a 300 ml 3 neck, center is 24/40 sides are 19/29 joints, asking $10. (no photo but I can provide one)

Lastly, I have three 250 ml equilibrated addition funnels left now that are complete with stopcocks and working well. They are $60 each, if interested, please tell me which one you prefer. I do also have some non-equilibrated ones if anyone is interested, for $30.

DSCN4073   3L 3 neck 34-24.JPG - 64kB DSCN4077   3L one neck 24-40 small.JPG - 59kB DSCN4088 2000 ml 3 neck 294-24 small.JPG - 66kB DSCN4068  250 add funnels  small.JPG - 104kB

copperastic - 29-3-2014 at 13:20

Dr.Bob could you possibly gather some stuff for a distillation kit then see if i want it?
Thanks

The Volatile Chemist - 30-3-2014 at 04:49

How long do you think you'll be doing this? In a year to a year and a half, I'll have more leeway with my parents to buying things online that aren't on specific sites (eg. Amazon, E-bay). Just curious.

Dr.Bob - 30-3-2014 at 11:38

Unfortunately, I am hopeful to be done with most of this within the next year or so. My goal is to sell the stuff left from my friends business, although there seem to be a growing number of businesses going out in the US, so I have seen a lot of surplus stuff around the area. But if you want something specific, I can always list it on Ebay, and I have a small number of things on Amazon (they only allow most sellers to list things that have a UPC code or are already in their system, so that is not many science things). Ebay just adds more fees, so it is only cost effective on smaller or cheaper items, unless you like higher prices. They add 15% fees on top of the paypal and other fees, and that is on the item AND the postage, so that drives the cost up to over 20% on most items.

Chemosynthesis - 31-3-2014 at 20:42

Placed a $300 order with Dr. Bob, which has been an absolute pleasure thusfar. Will let everyone the good news when it comes into my possession.

mmmmpie - 31-3-2014 at 22:39

Have you still got a 14/20 kit available and what sort of postage costs would it be to the UK?

Dr.Bob - 1-4-2014 at 11:50

PM sent, but I do have the 2 14/20 kits shown above still, with everything but a thermometer included for basic and vacuum distillations.

People have spoken for most of the larger flasks pictured above already, I may find a few more eventually, but am almost out again. Once I get those orders all sorted out and shipping, I will list what is left. Thanks to everyone, I can now walk in my garage in between piles of boxes now. Before it was wall to wall boxes, without any space to move.

copperastic - 1-4-2014 at 13:49

Dr.bob could you save a hot plate and a distillation setup for me because i don't have any money so i need to get some and i know that your running out of glassware.

Chemosynthesis - 2-4-2014 at 13:37

I just wanted to report that I received my order from Dr. Bob in immaculate condition, meticulously packed, and generously graced with extras. A huge thank you to the Dr., and much gratitude!

macckone - 7-4-2014 at 14:09

Yet one more happy customer of Dr. Bob.
Nice extras quick shipping and meticulous packing.

burgerbrain - 9-4-2014 at 10:25

Excellent communication. Very professional packaging where nothing even has a chance of breaking. Lots of extra goodies that will surely be of use. Fast shipping. Better than most sellers on ebay. I recommend Dr. Bob.

Dr.Bob - 10-4-2014 at 05:39

Thanks to everyone for the kind feedback. I am a bit inundated right now with messages, so please don't be surprised if I am slow to answer. I will mention that most of the larger flasks (200 ml and up) are gone now, again, as are the 3 neck flasks in pretty much every size. I hope to maybe get a few more some time in the future from another source, but I will post if that happens. Since this is a liquidation, I don't really have a restocking means, although sometimes I find things that I missed earlier in the pile of boxes.

Also, the few hotplate & stirrers that I have left are all 110V models-if you are in a country with another voltage. these will not be as easy to use, unless you already have a good 110 source at a high enough current (10A+) flow. It is also very expensive to ship them overseas, I can do it, but it costs, and there is really no way to return them if they don't fit your outlet.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with me, I am trying to do this in addition to a day and night job, so I am sometimes slow, also sometimes people all email me at once, but I will get back as fast as possible. That said, if I have not gotten back in a few days to a week, please remind me, the u2u system is a bit hard to use, and I have lost messages before. If you have my real email, that is more reliable, so that may be better to use.

I am working on updating the list, but with shipping stuff out almost daily, it is hard to keep it perfect.

Dr.Bob - 12-4-2014 at 06:20

Here is an updated list of glassware.

Key points are that I am running out of graduated cyl sets. I have about 3 full sets left, with at least 5 of these sizes: 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, and 1000 ml. The first 2 people get a new 100 ml one as one of the 5, the third set is missing a 100 ml one. They are all $25 for the set. You can add a 2000 ml one from below if you really like big ones.

I have a few single 10, 50, 250, 1000, and 2000 ml grad cyl left with pour spouts, and a couple of
ground glass ones left in 10, 50, and 2000 ml sizes. Note the 2000 ml size requires a very large box, so it will cost a lot by itself to ship, best with other items.

I have also found a few more odd bits today: (links are to comparable items, I will try to be my own photos as soon as I have time to take, shrink and post)

a large dryrite gas drying tube, full of spend Dryrite, can be redried or I can empty to save shipping costs - $20

https://secure.drierite.com/catalog3/page5.cfm or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drierite-Laboratory-Gas-Drying-Unit-...

a ~8" diameter x 10 high desiccator, complete with some NaCl IR cells and pellets (you can buy one or the other or the set) - This has a simple lid, not the vacuum adapter one so cheaper - $60 - shipping will be high due to the weight.

I have two dark room type timers - a Gralab 170 and a Gralab 171 which are often used in labs to turn items off and on at set times. I'd take $20 for either, need to test them to make sure they both work well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GraLab-171-Pro-Dark-Room-Kitchen-Tim...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRALAB-UNIVERSAL-TIMER-MODEL-170-/35...

And I also found an compressed air driven overhead stirrer unit, designed for larger type rbf flask stir paddles. Make me an offer on this. Looks like the ones below with one air hose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrow-Engineering-Model-G-Pneumatic-...
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARROW-ENGINEERING-AIR-STIRRER-3-8-SH...

This file has been downloaded 974 times

[Edited on 12-4-2014 by Dr.Bob]

Chemosynthesis - 13-4-2014 at 15:01

PM inbound on the gas drying tube and a question on available hotplates.

Chemosynthesis - 17-4-2014 at 12:08

Yet another amazing transaction with Dr. Bob, many thanks, and I even got off of work early today. Time to celebrate.

Illusionist - 19-4-2014 at 13:08

Do you still have lots of item to sell? i see the list seems to be from a few years ago.

Do you ship to Canada?

I am looking for pretty much everything in every size, since i do not have any glassware yet:

beakers,enrlenmeyers,graduated cylinders, volumetric flasks and pipettes,filtering flasks...

and a complete distillation kit in both 14/20 and 24/20.

Dr.Bob - 20-4-2014 at 16:12

The list 3 posts above was updated a week ago. I still have some sizes of the items you listed. I have most listed in the spreadsheet.

Yes, I do ship to Canada, the rates have gone up a lot over the last few years. Smaller items are not bad to ship, but larger ones can be expensive. The simplest way to ship is in 4 pound packages as that is the largest package with simple customs paperwork.

Unfortunately, I have now sold all of the complete distillation kits listed previously, but I do have some 24/30 pieces left, and many 14/20 flasks and some other pieces.

The Volatile Chemist - 21-4-2014 at 08:10

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
The list 3 posts above was updated a week ago. I still have some sizes of the items you listed. I have most listed in the spreadsheet.

Yes, I do ship to Canada, the rates have gone up a lot over the last few years. Smaller items are not bad to ship, but larger ones can be expensive. The simplest way to ship is in 4 pound packages as that is the largest package with simple customs paperwork.

Unfortunately, I have now sold all of the complete distillation kits listed previously, but I do have some 24/30 pieces left, and many 14/20 flasks and some other pieces.

If you want distilation stuff, sciplus.com sells two types, I think both are 20/24. One, a simpler one, is $75, the other is $95. They're the cheapest site I've found, B/C they don't specialize in chemistry. Try 'em out!

Muffn Man - 23-4-2014 at 09:37

I used to look at SciPlus all the time until I went to order from them... They do not ship to Canada.

As far as I can tell, the one distillation set uses rubber stoppers and the other is 24/40 ground joints (per the desctiption).

As a former customer, I can recommend www.alchemylabsupply.com as a great canadian supplier but he is running low on many things.

You may wish to have a look at the glassware at http://surplus2d.com/store/ I have never purchased from them but they have an extensive selection of glassware.

Another option available to canadians, a seller from China, I have dealt with and they have good customer service and selection is laboyglass.com Forum reviews on laboy are fair and accurate.

burgerbrain - 24-4-2014 at 09:00

2nd order with Dr. Bob and I couldn't be happier. Lots of valuable extras included with the low prices. I'm not ordering from anyone else.

Thank you Dr. Bob!

HeYBrO - 11-5-2014 at 22:30

I would like to say I received my second order from Dr Bob about a week ago and everything was immaculate. He even threw in some freebies! Thanks!

violet sin - 25-5-2014 at 22:08

seemed like the right place for this... hopefully
I ran across this one youtube. diffusion pump give-away. going untill may 31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5B5mj6-fqk

good luck guys

TheChemiKid - 15-6-2014 at 17:02

I received my second order from him in great condition. Very satisfied.

Dr.Bob - 15-6-2014 at 18:25

I finally found some 1 ml glass ampules. Several people have asked me about them. I have a box of about 100+ 1ml sealable ampules. Kimble #12012-U, made of Neuralglas, (aka KG-35 borosilicate glass). They have a colored line at the score and break spot. I'll sell the entire box for $50 or sell 20 ampules for $10, plus shipping, which would be about $5 for the box or about $2 for the 20.

I am almost out of grad cyl now, except for lots of 10 ml ones, both new and used, and a few others. Still have lots of filter flasks, but running out of Buchner funnels. Still have a fair number of course glass frit funnels in all sizes, but running low on med and fine ones. Still have a few media and reagent
bottles, and some spatula left, but those are all running out now. And I found about 5 24/40 west condensers, about 12" of cooled length-$20.

Also have lots of 96 well plastic well plates, tubes, and much more plastic ware like that. I am trying to get some photos and lists, but there are many varieties, so hard to list everything.

[Edited on 16-6-2014 by Dr.Bob]

This file has been downloaded 619 times

HeYBrO - 15-6-2014 at 22:16

Put me down for some! 30 should do it!

edgecase - 16-6-2014 at 18:04

I haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd ask, do you have any large 24/29 condensers?

Dr.Bob - 17-6-2014 at 06:33

I have mostly a few west condensers in 24/40 (I have few European joint size items), but I do have a few large 29/42 condensers (the joint size mostly used for 1L and larger flasks). I have a few 24/29 flasks, adapters, and other odd pieces, one of these days I will just gather all of those and sell them as a lot.

The same is true for 19/22 glassware, I have a few pieces of it, some small flasks, some adapaters, maybe a condenser or two. I am gathering the pieces together, eventually I will have a small box of them and will likely try to sell them as a lot as well.

I still have lots of 24/40 adapters, distillation heads (mosty with 10/30 joint therm fittings, but a few others), west condensers, and some other odd pieces. I have lots of 14/20 flasks (5-100 ml mostly) in all types (round, pear, evaporation/recovery shaped) and from 1-3 necks. As well, I still have lots of 14/20 bits and pieces, but I am missing some pieces, so I don't have all of the parts for a complete kit any more, but still have many items and more complex pieces like addition funnels.

HeYBrO - 7-7-2014 at 22:38

Just got my 3rd order from Dr.Bob, everything was immaculate and as usual he threw in some freebies!

Squirrely - 18-7-2014 at 08:35

I can not praise Dr. Bob enough. Very patient and amazing guy who has some great deals on glassware!

I just got my first order in from Dr. Bob and everything was immaculate. Nothing was damaged in shipping as everything was packed very well.

I had quite a large order as I was ordering various small things to start up a home lab. He took the time to make sure that everything was included and what he did include was the best he had. On top of that he even threw in some extras to top things off!

If I ever need any glassware again I'll be sure to contact Dr. Bob first.

Dr.Bob - 21-8-2014 at 17:53

Here is the newest list. I am running out of most basic items, still have lots of odder stuff, some 24/40 west condensers, lots of various 24/40 adapters, some smaller sep and addition funnels, volumetric and filter flasks, and small erlenmeyers, small grad cylinders, and more.

I'll try to take some photos of the remaining pieces soon and post them. I still have lots of more obscure things like powder addition funnels, complex dist pieces, and dewar condensers. I'll try to update the list again in another month or two and add more of the odd items.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (77kB)
This file has been downloaded 660 times

The Volatile Chemist - 3-9-2014 at 12:19

Any chance of you getting new (more) things? Or will this be the end of business from you?

soma - 28-9-2014 at 23:24

Would you have a 100ml buret and a leveling bulb suitable for gas measurement?

Dr.Bob - 30-9-2014 at 13:53

I don't have those for gas measurement, but I do have a 10 ml buret I just found. And I am not getting much more stuff, as this glassware is from a closed company, but I have traded a few items for other things before, as well as keep finding more boxes of stuff that I had not yet unpacked. But the majority of stuff is either in the list, or in some of the photos. I do still have some items that I am working on completing, such as sep funnels without stopcocks, a few more stir-plates that I am fixing, cleaning and then testing, some rotovap parts I am trying to piece into compete rotovaps, and random boxes of glassware that I am trying to assemble into 24/40 and 14/20 kits.

I also still have a lot of stuff that is hard to list, various 14/20 or 24/40 distillation parts, adapters and jointed things; lots of chromatography supplies; some TLC chambers, plates and spayers; HPLC columns; and much more. But many of those are custom or not easily cataloged, used, and or odd. I am still trying to list them all, and take photos, but it is a slow process. I also still have lots of odd, broken, or complete boxes of vials, bottles, and tubes, trying to get the list updated on those.

Texium - 30-9-2014 at 15:01

What sort of vials do you have? I U2U'd you a couple days ago about some stuff that I was interested in buying, but I might also be interested in some of those vials, depending on the type of lid and how large they are.

Dr.Bob - 2-10-2014 at 05:18

I have vials in 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and 40 ml sizes, many are partial boxes, I have a few complete cases left, most come with black caps and rubber liners, but I have a few green Teflon lined caps for some sizes as well. I have a few cases of 20 ml scintillation vials, they come with standard plastic caps, but I have a few Teflon lined lids, but only a few. I typically sell a small bag of vials for $1 each, about 12 for the smaller ones and fewer for the larger. I can make up samples of some of them and throw them in if you want.

HeYBrO - 2-10-2014 at 23:11

DIBS ON SOME OF THOSE SCINTILLATION VIALS! how much are the scintillation vials? granted they look like this http://extww02a.cardinal.com/us/en/distributedproducts/image...
Also, can you take some photos of the Vials? What do the 40 ml ones look like?

Dr.Bob - 3-10-2014 at 12:01

I have some 40 ml Scintilation type vials (look just like the 20 ml scint vials but twice as tall), might also have some black cap type standrad vials that big, not sure right off hand. The 20 ml Scint vials look like that, I have a few types of caps, plastic, foil or paper faced, and a few Teflon lined ones (but not enough for every vial...) I use the plastic or paper lined ones for storing solids, and the Teflon ones only for solutions and reactions. I do a lot of chemistry in those, they are easy to heat in a heating block, and the prefect size for small reactions. I'll put links to some examples of the vials below, but they are mostly the standard lab type vials with black screw tops. I have a few other types, and a few green PTFE lined caps, let me know what you want.

Scint vials:
http://www.sks-science.com/glass-laboratory-vials-p-5887.htm...

40 ml vials (come with septa top, I have some Teflon caps as well)
http://www.sks-science.com/glass-laboratory-vials-p-4704.htm...

1, 2, 4 ml vials:
http://www.labmart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&...

HeYBrO - 4-10-2014 at 23:22

Just to clarify, are scintillation vials $1 each or..?

Dr.Bob - 5-10-2014 at 18:22

I have typically sold them for about $20 per case of 100, or 5 for $1.

For shipping to Aust, 14 vials would fit into a small box and weigh 11oz, which is about $14 in postage. So the vials are about $0.20 each, but the shipping to Aust would add up fast, making them about $1 each to there. I might be able to do a larger box for less per ounce. Postage rates have risen fast lately. But I can try to find the best rate possible.

HeYBrO - 6-10-2014 at 01:14

what is the shipping for 100 vials? If its that much ill have to compile a list of other stuff to make the shipping worth while.

Dr.Bob - 8-10-2014 at 13:34

A box of 100 20 ml Scint vials weighs about 3.3 pounds, without the caps. I might be able to fit that and the caps into a box at 4 pounds (at worse I might have to remove a few vials or caps to keep the weight down). That would cost about $35 in postage to Aust. plus about $15 for the vials, so about $0.50 per vial with shipping. If they would fit into a flat rate envelope (they would not, unless smashed into dust), I could send it at about $26-28, which is how I ship some books there, but 4 pounds is the limit for simple packages. The postage rates have soared in the last few years, it was only $12-16 for that back a few years. I wish I could find a cheaper way, but UPS and FedEx are even worse, with may more paperwork and customs forms.

For people in the US, I could fit one or two boxes of them into a large flat rate box, which is about $16 in the US. Not sure if both the vials and caps would all fit to 2 cases of 100 in one box, but the caps are not too heavy to ship separately.

Texium - 8-10-2014 at 19:02

I received my order from Dr. Bob today. It arrived complete and well packaged, and there were quite a few extra surprises thrown in. Thanks Dr. Bob!

HeYBrO - 9-10-2014 at 02:38

I'd be content with 50-75 vials with caps. What are the options then?

LD 50 - 10-10-2014 at 18:58

Wanted

250-500ml sep funnel, 24/40
Vigreux column 300mm+, 24/40
3-way adapter, 24/40
Thermometer adapter, 24/40
Leibig condenser 300mm+, 24/40
Vacuum adapter, 24/40
Glass stoppers, 24/40

Inbox me.

HeYBrO - 21-10-2014 at 18:05

I recently received my umm... I've lost count how many times i've bought from bob.. order. I got my 100 scintillation vials in no time, with extra teflon lids!
Couldn't recommend more!

Cheers!

[Edited on 22-10-2014 by HeYBrO]

Dr.Bob - 23-10-2014 at 05:20

Glad that they got there in good condition, and faster than I expected.

I have one box of 100 20 ml glass scintillation vials left, with plastic lids, plus a few Teflon lined caps for them as well. It would be $15 plus postage, they will just fit into a large flat rate box ($16) with some extra space left. I have a few loose ones also, if people just need a few.

[Edited on 24-10-2014 by Dr.Bob]

The Volatile Chemist - 23-10-2014 at 06:58

Bob's the best! Wish I were an adult to buy from him!

Dr.Bob - 7-11-2014 at 06:22

Let me clarify a typo I made a few weeks back, I have 1, 2, and 4 dram vials, which are 4, 8, and 16 ml in volume. I do have some 2 ml HPLC type vials and even a few standard caps for them, but mostly have the HPLC septa tops for those.

1, 2, 4 dram vials: (which are 4, 8, and 16 ml in capacity)
http://www.labmart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&...

pater_ - 16-12-2014 at 22:45

Heya

long time lurker

have: liebig 24/40

looking for: Anything to do with specialized essential oil extraction. I have a nice set going but im seeing these things that look like additon funnels that are actully collectors for oils

Volumetric flasks
500ml, 1000mlx2 beakers

Dr.Bob - 21-12-2014 at 19:29

Here are a few more items that I have just photographed and cataloged. I have 2 sets of vacuum traps, shown below. I also still have a number of dewars that could be used with them, I am working on some photos of those as well. I'll try add them soon.

DSCN6287 traps 1 medium labelled.JPG - 71kB
A - Aldrich - $25
B - ChemGlass - $25
C - ChemGlass - $25 with all hardware
D - Kontes - $15
E - Custom - $15

DSCN6315  traps 2 medium label.JPG - 281kB
A – Pyrex 40/50 joint - $15
B – long, thin one - $10
C – Ace modified trap - $15
D - Pyrex - $10
E - short small trap - $10
F - Ace unique trap - $15
G - Ace simple trap - $10
H - simple trap - $15
I - ChemGlass - $20
J - ChemGlass - $20

I also took a photo of the 125 ml separatory funnels I have left

DSCN6410  125 ml sep funnels  medium.JPG - 251kB

They are $25 each for A - D, I would ask $20 for E & F.

[Edited on 23-12-2014 by Dr.Bob]

DSCN1814  Tall Dewars.JPG - 403kBDSCN1823 short dewars.JPG - 510kB

Dr.Bob - 22-12-2014 at 19:36

I tried to add these to the last post, but it cut me off and locked me out. Doh. Here are the captions I was trying to put with the photos.

Here is a photo of just a sample of the dewar flasks I have
I would ask (left to right) $30, $60, $50, and $40 for them.

These are the shorter dewars, I would say $20-50 range.

[Edited on 23-12-2014 by Dr.Bob]

Dr.Bob - 26-12-2014 at 16:31

Here is yet another few photos of some remaining glassware. First are the remaining condensers I have left:

DSCN6465   24-40 condensers  MEDIUM.JPG - 308kB

A - Chemglass coil reflux condenser - $25
B - Small Kontes West condenser - $15
C - Not sure what type of condenser - $20
D - Kimex tall West condenser - $20
E - Kimex tall West condenser - $20
F - Dirty Pyrex Liebig condenser - $20
G - Friedrich condenser with extra inlet - $25
H - Small Kontes West condenser with small chip on the bottom - $15
I - Friedrich condenser - $20
J - Friedrich condenser - $20

DSCN6481   24-40 stills  medium.JPG - 269kB DSCN6483  aldrich 24-40 stills  med.JPG - 243kB

These are 4 more 24/40 stills that I have gotten together now. I would ask $100 for them each .

Dr.Bob - 8-1-2015 at 05:05

The Friedrich condensers are now gone. I have not got photos yet, but I found a few more 24/40 Dean Stark traps, if people are still looking for those.

The Volatile Chemist - 8-1-2015 at 08:30

What are the stills for? Or, at least, what are they officially called?

Mailinmypocket - 8-1-2015 at 09:37

They are solvent stills, for solvent purification. They attach to a flask containing the solvent to be purified, upon distilling the solvent is kept in the bulb part and can be dispensed from the tap.

Example:
https://www.wilmad-labglass.com/ProductList.aspx?t=892

MrHomeScientist - 8-1-2015 at 10:32

U2U sent for another potential order! I can't believe the amount of stuff you have that it's lasted this long.

Volanschemia - 16-1-2015 at 21:14

Hi.
I have just joined ScienceMadness and just found this thread.
I might be too late, but do you still have any of your glassware left?

If you do would you mind posting a list of what you still have left?

Thanks heaps.

Zombie - 16-1-2015 at 23:23

I would be interested as well. I am a fledgling chemist with a desire to fly in this wonderful craft. I have a fair amount of 24/29 equipment but I don't mind setting up other sizes.

Mainly a 1000ml mantle/stirrer, and fractional distillation set are on my radar.
There are many other items I would like to acquire due to the fact my interests are expanding by the day, and I never like to be caught without.

I also like long walks on the beach, and I adore Pina Coladas. That explains the distill rig...:D

Great site you all have here. I've been on it for quite a few hours over the past 2 days... Looking forward.

Dr.Bob - 17-1-2015 at 17:30

Here is the most recent listing. I just sold a bunch of erlenmeyer flasks and most of my 24/40 glass frits, but still have a lot of other stuff left. The items in the photos on the previous pages are not all listed, as many are not easily described by a simple text description. If you are looking for anything that is not listed, please feel free to send me a note and ask, I can see if I have it or look for it in the remaining stuff I have to sort through. Thanks for everyone's patience with me. I am assembling some 24/40 and 14/20 distillation kits that I am working to finish, just need to find a few more pieces to dig up.

For new people to SciMad, I am helping a friend sell off the remains of a closed business that he got instead of his pay and pension. It was packed randomly in 100+ boxes, so I am trying to sort through them and sell the stuff. I list and sell some on Amazon and Ebay, but their high fees and the need to list each item separately have made that a slow process, so I also sell things here and a few other places. Most sales go through Paypal, with buyer protection, but I can do other deals as well.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (72kB)
This file has been downloaded 922 times

Zombie - 17-1-2015 at 18:16

Thank you Dr. Bob.
I understand what a monumental chore this must be for you. I've read every word in this thread, and just your time in this is more than generous.

If it is OK by you, I will U2U a short list, and see what we can do.:)

Dr.Bob - 20-1-2015 at 10:31

Please do send me a list. I'll find what I can. Anyone who is interested, just send me a u2u and I can send a real email. I don't post it here, or I get spammed to death. Thanks.

Bob

MrHomeScientist - 30-1-2015 at 12:06

A few days ago I received yet another order from Dr. Bob, in perfect condition and well-packaged. As always, he threw in lots of extra goodies for me too. Thanks very much!

Zombie - 30-1-2015 at 17:55

I hope he sends candy w/ my order! I'm thinking he IS Santa.:D

Dr.Bob - 13-2-2015 at 15:41

Here are some more rb flasks that I found recently and just finally got photos of. From left to right is:

2L Ace 3 neck center joint is 34/45 sides are 24/40 - $30
3L Pyrex 3 neck all joints are 24/40 - $40
5L Kontes 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - $50
3L Kimex 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - $40
1L Kontes 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - $20
3L Pyrex 3 neck center joint is 45/50 sides are 24/40 - glass is badly etched, but not cracked or chipped - $20
2 x 1L 29/42 Pyrex one neck rbf - $10 each (not pictured)
2 x 3L 29/42 Pyrex one neck rbf - $20 each (not pictured)

DSCN6781   2L Ace 3 neck  small.JPG - 236kB DSCN6778  3L Pyrex all 24-40 3 neck.JPG - 935kB
DSCN6784   5L Kontes 3 neck.JPG - 814kB DSCN6786   3L Kimex 3 neck.JPG - 504kB

DSCN6788  1L Kontes.JPG - 873kB DSCN6792   3L Pyrex etched 3 neck.JPG - 799kB

Dr.Bob - 13-2-2015 at 16:10

Here are yet more rotovap condenser parts. I also have several normal one piece water condensers for $150. The two piece water condensers are $200 each (both are pretty well stuck together). I have two photos of them from different angles.

The complex dry ice tops are $125, I do have at least one bottom piece that goes with them for $75. The loose one piece condensers would be $100. I do not have the bottom adapter for all of them, but these are standard taper joints in size 45/40 which could be used for refluxing in larger flasks as well, or as replacement parts. I also have steam ducts, seals, frames, water baths, and many other parts as well, which I am working on cataloging, please make inquiries for specific parts.

DSCN6750 two piece torovap water condensers.JPG - 527kB DSCN6755  two rotovap water condensers angle.JPG - 633kB DSCN6775   dry ice rotovap condenser tops.JPG - 639kB DSCN6760   odd rotovap condenser tops.JPG - 711kB

Dr.Bob - 13-2-2015 at 16:29

Here is the newest list of glassware. I am still working to add more things, but it contains most of the standard items. I am working to get photos of the non-standard items as best as I can. I also have just found some odd boxes of filter paper and weighing papers (4" x 4" and 6" x 6") and a few weighing boats. I can make an assortment of either filter papers or weighing paper/boats if people want. I will also provide some sample filter paper as best I can with any buchner funnels as well. I am running out of most size glass bottles now, out of most mid size erlenmeyers (125 -500 ml), and nearly out of stir bars.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (73kB)
This file has been downloaded 777 times

careysub - 13-2-2015 at 16:35

Why not remove the items for which the quantity is zero?

Dr.Bob - 13-2-2015 at 19:31

I often find more of an item as I go through boxes of stuff, so that saves me trying to retype the description. More than a few times, I have found more of an item a few times. Also, I have a few beakers of small items, as I empty them I sell the beaker. But I understand that it might be confusing, I could hide the lines with zero inventory, maybe I will try that.

It also gives some context for new people, so they are aware of what other sizes might exist. That way if someone sees something that they like, they can go look for it, even if I don't have it. The spreadsheet lists almost all of the basic glassware found in a lab, so it might be helpful for people trying to assemble a basic labware list. And if people tell me that they want something that has 0 listed, I can try to look for it, or sometimes even tell them where they can find it, like from a few other sellers or on Ebay.

also, for people who don't have excel or like Google, here is a link to the list in Google, which will let you open it there viewer. I'll try to keep it updated, but sometimes when I update it, it messes up the link, so please be patient with me if it eventually does not work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80lrYgm1HCvdmwzVG1mTmJsNF...

PS, I found some filter paper, so I have a few boxes of various sizes (not yet listed), also found more weighing paper, 4" and 6", and large plastic boats (in the new spreadsheet near the bottom), and now also have some sample bags of plastic droppers, about 50 total of 5 various types (small to 7 ml) for $4.

[Edited on 15-2-2015 by Dr.Bob]

Zombie - 9-3-2015 at 09:45

Thank you Dr Bob!!!!!

My packages arrived today, and everything is 100%!

I could not be happier with the quality of the merchandise, the care taken in packing everything, and your very kind demeanor.

It was like Xmas here today. I have a room full of goodies, and i can't wait to play with everything.

Thank you Dr. Bob!

I already have my next order milling around in the gray matter...

morganbw - 12-3-2015 at 12:34

Do Zombie's sleep?
Try to rest a little.

Zombie - 12-3-2015 at 13:31

I've spent 57 years doing what other people said I should be doing.

Now I have less than 1/2 a life left, and there is no time for sleep. It could all end tomorrow, and I have too much I want to do.

Who said "I'll sleep when I'm dead"?
I agree with that person.

Dr.Bob - 14-3-2015 at 11:41

Here is a newer list. I just got some New 250 ml beakers, found more simple 1" stirbars, found some 500 ml 24/40 erlenmeyers, I still have 3 new 250 ml Media bottles, and have tried to update things in general.

People asked about the 1 ml pipettes - I can make a bundle of about a dozen 1 ml pipettes, plus 1 or 2 of 2, 5, and 10ml sizes for about $1 in cost, but the postage would be about $3-4, due to the long size and need for some padding and packaging. I am looking to see if I have more of any of the sizes left in larger amounts.

Attachment: Glassware Inventory.xls (73kB)
This file has been downloaded 703 times

[Edited on 15-3-2015 by Dr.Bob]

morganbw - 15-3-2015 at 05:08

I downloaded the excel sheet. Waiting for a moment in time when I have the resources to be able to order.
Thank you, sir.

gdflp - 3-4-2015 at 11:26

Just received my first order from Bob today. Everything was well packaged and he was extremely generous with extras. Thanks Bob!

Loptr - 3-4-2015 at 11:34

Bob always comes through. I have been purchasing storage bottles from him as of late.

Very nice! And as always, extras.

:)

Volanschemia - 3-4-2015 at 17:47

Let me add to the massive amount of happy customers that have bought from Dr Bob. :D
Phenomenal service, thankyou!

Dr.Bob - 3-4-2015 at 19:55

I want to thank the Austrialian chemist and a few others in Aust for being patient with me, as I have been very busy lately, and they have been very patient with my slow process of sorting out and quoting a foreign order. I will also mention that I will be extremely busy for the next month or two with several projects, travel, and work, so I will try to get back to everyone who has emailed me in the last few weeks, but in a few weeks, I will likely be too busy to do much for a few weeks. So please be patient with me and I will try to get back as fast as possible.

But once I get caught up a bit, I will continue processing a large number of science books that I recently acquired, and will have some interesting books available some of which I hope to be able to provide cheap for the people here. Some are quite amazing, but I will have many that are perhaps a little older, but will be very cheap. It just may take me a while to unpack and sort them all.

The Volatile Chemist - 10-4-2015 at 15:38

cool! And I was just thinking I would be able to convince my parents to let me buy from you. I'll look through your inventory, and be looking forward to the list of those books!

Dr.Bob - 25-4-2015 at 10:22

I want to remind everyone that I will be hard to reach for the next week or two due to working several double shifts and then some travel. But I will answer any messages as soon as I get a chance. I have shipped all but one order that was pending, and that one I will ship if the payment comes before I am out.

Once i catch up from all of this, I will try to start posting some of the books that I have to give away to anyone who will pay the postage, which is low for books. The first few boxes include books on toxicology, lab safety, PCs, macs and Mac programming, powerpoint, photoshop, and more. They are from a company library/offices that closed and they had to remove the books from the location quickly, so I got most of them in return for hauling them away. Also have books on the safety of many chemicals and categories of them.

The Volatile Chemist - 30-4-2015 at 08:22

Wow, sounds great! Looking forward to seeing them.

Loptr - 30-4-2015 at 10:26

Definitely interested in chemistry books. Do you have any math and computer science related books?
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8