Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Something looks wrong on the oleum page

Triflic Acid - 22-6-2021 at 16:17

On the SM page for oleum (page) it says that the density of 60% oleum is "2,000g/cm^3".
Something seems kind of off about that :P Not too bad a density either, it beats osmium by 2 orders of magnitude. Could someone go in and change that, or could Texium give me an editor account?

j_sum1 - 22-6-2021 at 19:09

I always add a little bit of neutron star to my oleum to preserve it.
It does make it harder to carry round though.

BromicAcid - 23-6-2021 at 02:49

From Wiki:

Quote:
A decimal separator is a symbol used to separate the integer part from the fractional part of a number written in decimal form (e.g., "." in 12.45). Different countries officially designate different symbols for use as the separator. The choice of symbol also affects the choice of symbol for the thousands separator used in digit grouping.

Any such symbol can be called a decimal mark, decimal marker or decimal sign. Symbol-specific names are also used; decimal point and decimal comma refer to an (either baseline or middle) dot and comma respectively, when it is used as a decimal separator; these are the usual terms used in English,[1][2][3][4] with the aforementioned generic terms reserved for abstract usage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator

Though based in English we're still an international forum, I think I'd have just glossed over it.

rockyit98 - 23-6-2021 at 05:02

is there way to report these kind of mistakes on Wiki pages so someone can correct them ? today I noticed at least two. mostly wrong chemical equations. I'd do it myself but only some users get editorial privileges as for my understanding.