Sciencemadness Discussion Board

LabDirect still good to order from?

ChemIsFun - 12-1-2023 at 18:31

I’ve ordered from LabDirect LLC before with good success, but not in the last couple years. When I logged in their website had changed and looks incomplete. I read online they were being investigated by several government agencies around May 2022. Are they still up and running and safe to order from? I don’t want to be raided by police.

Jacob42 - 18-1-2023 at 23:40

Pretty sure they’re dead. I was in close correspondence with a vendor from their website. Purchased a lot of stuff from them in 21. Then one day (around the date they were being investigated), they went dark. I haven’t heard back from him since. So I think they’re out of business.

Keras - 19-1-2023 at 09:57

Quote: Originally posted by Jacob42  
Pretty sure they’re dead. I was in close correspondence with a vendor from their website. Purchased a lot of stuff from them in 21. Then one day (around the date they were being investigated), they went dark. I haven’t heard back from him since. So I think they’re out of business.

They were raided?

Texium - 19-1-2023 at 13:41

Their website is still up, and they last posted to here in September, advertising a sale on nitric acid: https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=15...

Herr Haber - 19-1-2023 at 16:42

Seems very expensive overall but they're the only ones selling very high concentration H2O2 in miniature amounts.
60ml is plenty enough for me. I might place an order.

Edit: ahhh, crap... thought they were in Europe...

[Edited on 20-1-2023 by Herr Haber]

Keras - 19-1-2023 at 23:14

Quote: Originally posted by Herr Haber  
Seems very expensive overall but they're the only ones selling very high concentration H2O2 in miniature amounts.
60ml is plenty enough for me. I might place an order.

Edit: ahhh, crap... thought they were in Europe...

You really think any seller in Europe would advertise > 12% hydrogen peroxide?

Herr Haber - 20-1-2023 at 16:22

Yes, and far worse :)

Keras - 20-1-2023 at 23:58

Quote: Originally posted by Herr Haber  
Yes, and far worse :)

I mean on a website?

Herr Haber - 21-1-2023 at 05:47

Phenylacetone, BMK, PMK etc.
Some of these websites seem too good to be true and probably are honeypots but some have been posted here on SM and seem to be "reliable".