Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Here is the most disgustingly intriguing thing you've ever seen

resveratrol - 26-1-2012 at 10:09

I'm allergic to cats.
My roomate has a cat.
Therefore, it is his responsibility to clean up after the cat.

This is what happens when your lazy roomate leaves cat vomit on the floor for almost a full week.

(Yes, those are fruiting bodies)

neptunium - 26-1-2012 at 10:11

it grew mold ..thanks for that un interesting display

resveratrol - 26-1-2012 at 10:25

I thought it was pretty interesting. It's the first time I've been able to see any mold (outside of a textbook) with long hairlike projections with terminating sporophytes

Pulverulescent - 26-1-2012 at 10:50

Quote:
I thought it was pretty interesting.

Look around inside any large containers in an old abattoir and you'll be positively fascinated!

P

Endimion17 - 26-1-2012 at 10:59

That's a fascinating thing. If only you had professional photography equipment to take some stunning shots of it. :)

resveratrol - 26-1-2012 at 13:12

Quote: Originally posted by Pulverulescent  
Quote:
I thought it was pretty interesting.

Look around inside any large containers in an old abattoir and you'll be positively fascinated!

P

that does sound like it would be amusing, but I would probably be overwhelmed by the notion of impending health concerns lurking amongst large sealed containers in an abandoned slaughterhouse...

do you speak from experience?

resveratrol - 26-1-2012 at 13:15

Quote: Originally posted by Endimion17  
That's a fascinating thing. If only you had professional photography equipment to take some stunning shots of it. :)

I tried to look on the positive side of my roomate leaving cat vomit on the floor for a week. I take my victories where I can.

AirCowPeaCock - 26-1-2012 at 13:17

I like mold

zoombafu - 27-1-2012 at 19:08

pretty cool looking. Have you discovered the strain?

Neil - 27-1-2012 at 19:20

Quote: Originally posted by resveratrol  
Quote: Originally posted by Endimion17  

I tried to look on the positive side of my roomate leaving cat vomit on the floor for a week. I take my victories where I can.

:cool:
A true Zen master. Thanks for sharing that was some pretty mold.

Pulverulescent - 28-1-2012 at 01:10

Quote:

do you speak from experience?

Yes! Their jet-black lengths would be measured in feet! (:o)
Quote:

Human vomit is worse, by several orders of magnitude! (:()
Quote:

A true Zen master. Thanks for sharing that was some pretty mold.

Death to all belligerent bacteria! (:D)

P

resveratrol - 28-1-2012 at 13:20

Lol, no I do not know what strain it is. Maybe I should post it on Shroomery, I'm sure someone there could ID it.