Sciencemadness Discussion Board

How is he not dead.......1 kilo of Acetone peroxide.

pleX - 12-8-2012 at 10:55

This is perhaps one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in all of my experience. 1 kilo of Acetone peroxide(AP) not cut by Ammonium nitrate. :o

cyanureeves - 12-8-2012 at 13:34

and alot of us live in fear of the feds knocking down our door and confiscating sodium hydroxide. maybe he's not dead because he's the seventh son of a seventh son of an s.o.b. but you would not see me get near that first dud for at least a week. the wide awake eyes on that girl is great to behold though.

99chemicals - 12-8-2012 at 14:42

Lol you put this in biochemistry.:D:D:D:D

pleX - 12-8-2012 at 16:55

Ahh...crap. Thought I put this in energetic materials. Must of not clicked it. Hopefully a moderator will come along and close/move this thread. Sorry for time wasted :(

bbartlog - 13-8-2012 at 13:13

Pretty shitty shaped charge if a kilo of TATP can't put a hole through 6mm of steel.

Adas - 13-8-2012 at 14:46

Quote: Originally posted by bbartlog  
Pretty shitty shaped charge if a kilo of TATP can't put a hole through 6mm of steel.

He said it was still a little wet, and he probably didn't want to compress that amount, for sure. :D

99chemicals - 13-8-2012 at 16:05

Quote: Originally posted by pleX  
Ahh...crap. Thought I put this in energetic materials. Must of not clicked it. Hopefully a moderator will come along and close/move this thread. Sorry for time wasted :(

I thought you put it in biochemistry because he is a person and a biological organism and how he survived, yeah. That is why I lol ed.

pleX - 6-9-2012 at 17:59

Well this was actually infact my little brother who posted this....I left my account open on the computer when I was visiting(he is very much younger than me). Also, this wasn't quite a shaped charge as much as a munroe charge but from what I know of explosives(which isn't much, see my other posts) it is a rather crappy charge.

[Edited on 7-9-2012 by pleX]

Kalium - 6-9-2012 at 18:42

I know this guy well. He wasn't particularly interested in the chemistry behind energetics; he just wanted loud bangs. The TAPT was synthesised with H2SO4, so production of the more sensitive dimer form was kept to a minimum. It was I who persuaded him to switch to ETN. Who knows, I might have saved a life or two... :cool:

AirCowPeaCock - 6-9-2012 at 18:54

This and when people make 100+ g Armstrong mix (Potassium (per)chlorate + Red Phosphorus (+ Sulfur)) it's deathmix if there ever was such a thing. It will go off if you look at it wrong. Litterly, this stuff is halfway between NG and NI3·NH3.

Yes, folks...

triplepoint - 6-9-2012 at 19:05

we have our finalists for the Darwin Award, couples category.