Sciencemadness Discussion Board

reductive dehalogenation of aromatic cmpds

chemrox - 25-11-2012 at 23:20

Dehalogenations can be very useful to the amateur chemist who may have access to an OTC which he wishes to change and use as an intermediate. A lot of these are catalytic transfer hydrogenations. Here are some examples I've found or been shown recently:

Attachment: CV3P0519.dechlorination of 2-Cl-lepidine in 1.5-2 hrs using noble metal catalyst and H2.pdf (158kB)
This file has been downloaded 1287 times
I tried three but it went over the limit
I'm hoping to add more in separate posts providing there is interest as demonstrated by others adding files here. Please don't use volatile file services that require registration. Thanks!

[Edited on 26-11-2012 by chemrox]

chemrox - 26-11-2012 at 16:15

here's another

Attachment: lepidine bwo cth.pdf (534kB)
This file has been downloaded 811 times

Doc B - 2-12-2012 at 21:23

I think it's an interesting technique useful to the amateur to use as you've mentioned.

jon - 23-12-2012 at 16:44

i used this method

1.2 eq potassium formate 5 mol % pd/c could be 5 could be 10% it goes the same
add 3 eq water any more and the rate is cut in half so be precise prestir.
for loperamide after prestirring the donor with the catalyst (reduces reaction time to 30 min)
i used freebase 1 gram and 50 ml dry ipa reflux until CO2 evol is no longer observed.
filter the alcohol with a fritted buchner funnel

wash the pd with 3% naoh and water until neutral to recycle (can be used 30 times)
evap the ipa down partition between water and dcm wash dcm and evap dcm i then esterify with propionic anhydride.
this to some weird prodine methadone analog it acts more like methadone i got bombed on it my pupils stayed pinned until next day all day it kept me good a long time

jon, you have a U2U

SM2 - 15-8-2014 at 01:59

waiting to reply.