Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Solubility data online?

janger - 20-8-2004 at 15:53

Hey ppl,
Great site! Glad Polverone put me on to it.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find solubility data online? Specifically for salts of organic acids? A couple of years ago I found a couple of good ones. However, most of them are subscriber only now, or disappeared.

There is a pdf on my pc with a document title of:
"AQUEOUS SOLUBILITY OF INORGANIC COMPOUNDS AT VARIOUS TEMPERATURES"

But where I got it from has escaped me. This doesn't list organic salts, but I think the site had other tables if I remember.

Anyone help me out?

Thanks

David Marx - 20-8-2004 at 16:03

Try the NIST solubility system. It should have pretty much whatever compound you are after:

http://srdata.nist.gov/solubility/sys_category.asp

chemoleo - 21-8-2004 at 07:40

Is it only me, but the drop down combo box extends way beyond teh page width. Both in Moz/I.E. Its very hard to actually use it like this! :(

Polverone - 21-8-2004 at 11:17

The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics has solubility data for quite a few compounds, and it is available in electronic form on the FTP site. For most of the compounds, though, solubility is reported at just a single temperature.

JohnWW - 21-8-2004 at 13:12

Quote:
Originally posted by Polverone
The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics has solubility data for quite a few compounds, and it is available in electronic form on the FTP site. For most of the compounds, though, solubility is reported at just a single temperature.

Same with Perrys Chemical Engineers Handbook, section 3, although for the most common binary systems it has solubilities at a range of temperatures. Most of the data in it are from the International Critical Tables. Perry also gives theoretical methods for predicting many physical properties.

John W.

janger - 21-8-2004 at 14:57

The NIST system is useless for me.

Could you tell me the links to the online CRC handbook and Perry's? All the ones I found require a subscription.

Dave

JohnWW - 21-8-2004 at 19:34

Quote:
Originally posted by janger
The NIST system is useless for me.

Could you tell me the links to the online CRC handbook and Perry's? All the ones I found require a subscription.

Dave

This forum's FTP has both of them- the 83rd edition of the CRC Handbook (2002)(the most recent edition is the 84th), and the 7th Edition of Perry (the latest edition). When you have made at least 10 bona fide posts, you can apply to Axehandle for access to the FTP.

John W.