Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Sodium Borohydride from chinese supplier

*FWOOSH* - 15-10-2013 at 12:13

So after a lot of research and looking around I ended up purchasing a 25kg drum :o of NaBH4 from a supplier off of Alibaba. I made sure to go through Paypal rather than something like Western Union, and they were actually fine with that, they just had me cover the paypal fee. They said they would ship it via Fedex.
I plan on testing the purity by comparing the amount of hydrogen produced upon reaction with water to a sample of known quality from Chemsavers. The chinese stuff is supposed to be 98+%.
Payment sent last night so lets see how this goes.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by *FWOOSH*]

bismuthate - 15-10-2013 at 12:21

25kg!:o Are you sure you don't mean 25g? Why do you need that much? How much did it cost?

Blue Matter - 15-10-2013 at 12:35

Goodness how much was it 5 grand. If this is legit I might be knterested in 500g if you are willing to sell.

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by Blue Matter]

*FWOOSH* - 15-10-2013 at 19:02

I mean 25 KG.
The thing is, I DON'T need anywhere near that much. But I use it quite often and I got tired of feeling like I was throwing money down the drain every time I reduced something in macroscale, especially if I screwed up and had to start over.
So I spent a while looking around and found that these chinese suppliers sell it at $10-30 /kg, but that's only on orders of hundreds of kilos and/or tons.

Long story short, I found someone willing to sell small (down to just a couple kilograms :P) quantities. I got ~40% off after shipping (which is really quite expensive...) for getting 25 kg instead of 5 kg so I went for it.
Final total after a bit of haggling was $1400, not sure if customs duties are gonna be required by fedex on delivery.

If this is legit I do plan on selling most of it, thus this post. I want to avoid getting ahead of myself and pricing things before I have it in hand, but I'd be pretty excited to share this with you guys.:D

Or it could be a poorly though out scam and I'll just have to get a refund from paypal. :P
Crossing my fingers.

kristofvagyok - 15-10-2013 at 23:32

Just an idea: check it's purity after it arrives. The company where I worked ordered something from China, 2k USD/kg and they send some gypsum for this price. So we've just got the most expensive gypsum ever made.

*FWOOSH* - 16-10-2013 at 00:02

@kristofvagyok
I included that in the OP ;)
I was planning on testing it by comparing hydrogen formation on reaction with water (maybe dilute HCl, or just both for the hell of it) with that of some NaBH4 I got from Chemsavers recently.
I've heard all sorts of horror stories about Chinese "suppliers", but that is some damn expensive gypsum hahaha

bfesser - 16-10-2013 at 07:58

A procedure similar to the first one I linked to in a <a href="viewthread.php?tid=25421#pid294293">LiAlH<sub>4</sub> topic</a>, then? If this works out for you, I'd be one of the many interested potential customers.

*FWOOSH* - 16-10-2013 at 09:12

@bfesser
Something like that, there're a couple threads in here on testing metal hydrides. I don't think it's the best way to do a quantitative test, but if I compare it to a good sample and run it a couple times I should get a fairly accurate measure of relative quality. I think it'd be pretty awesome to give you all access to more reasonably priced NaBH4, stuff's just too f***ing expensive for us hobbyists.

Random - 16-10-2013 at 09:24

Be careful if it's dilluted with for example carbonate you may think it's actually pure. Take this into consideration.

*FWOOSH* - 16-10-2013 at 09:37

I was actually just thinking about that, that's why I was thinking using a dilute acid and just water. I might see how it handles a basic solution too, as NaBH4 is relatively stable in that environment. If it's another chemical that produces hydrogen on contact with water it should give a different result than the pure sample upon mixture with acid and/or base. Carbonate should only produce hydrogen in dilute acid. I was thinking I might send a reputable member of this forum a sample too, just so they can verify everything. But I'm threatening to get ahead of myself again:P

stoichiometric_steve - 16-10-2013 at 11:23

Quote: Originally posted by Random  
Be careful if it's dilluted with for example carbonate you may think it's actually pure. Take this into consideration.

BaCl2 will show the difference.

Good Idea

*FWOOSH* - 16-10-2013 at 12:19

Thanks Steve, I'll keep that in mind.
Another thought I had was to mix the powder thoroughly when I get it, to make sure adulterants or lower grade isn't hidden between layers of genuine borohydride.
That has the potential to be quite awkward if were to unwittingly sell it to someone :D

[Edited on 16-10-2013 by *FWOOSH*]

woelen - 16-10-2013 at 13:15

Why not titrate the material against iodine.

Weigh a certain amount of your NaBH4 (e.g. 50.0 mg). Dissolve in water, to which some NaOH is added. In such solutions, the NaBH4 hardly looses any H2 if the solution is kept cool and only kept around for a short time. If you cannot weigh out 50.0 mg, then weigh out 1.00 gram, dissolve this in 200 ml of water and take 10 ml of this solution.

Determine how much I2 is needed to oxidize all of the NaBH4 to borate(III). One mole of NaBH4 requires 4 moles of I2. Keep in mind that only a very small amount of NaBH4 requires a large amount of I2 (one gram of NaBH4 requires almost 27 grams of I2). In the above situation (where you take 0.0500 grams of NaBH4) you need to weigh precisely approximately 1.5 grams grams of iodine and 1 gram of NaOH (which is a good excess amount).
Dissolve the NaOH in some water, allow to cool well, and then dissolve the I2 in this solution. Quickly add this solution to the solution of NaBH4 and stir well. After a few minutes, add a slight excess amount of acid to this solution, such that free iodine is formed again (brown color).
Titrate the amount of iodine with a solution of Na2S2O3.5H2O. If this titration tells you there was an excess amount of appr. 0.0053 mole of iodine, then you have nearly pure NaBH4. If much more iodine was left over, then your NaBH4 has less reducing power and is of inferior quality.

This method is much more precise than the production of H2 and is also easier to perform (provided you have a decent scale with which you can weigh small quantities of chemicals). The reduction is performed in alkaline solution totally and hence no H2 is formed. All of the BH4(-) ions is tranformed to some borate(III)-species in the alkaline solutions. Iodine is present as hypoiodite and maybe some iodate. Any excess hypoiodite and iodate quickly are transformed to elemental I2 if the solution is acidified again and the iodine remains in solution, because of all the iodide ions formed on reduction of NaBH4. With starch as indicator you can do a precise titration.

[split]

The_Davster - 16-10-2013 at 16:31

Kristofvagyok: If you are getting anything made or ordered direct from China, go through a sourcing agent. They love to fuck people they do not know over. A decent sourcing agent will 'make friends' with the desired companies and ensure you get the real stuff. They have a word over there, which I forget currently, that is especially for the role of personal relationships in business. A sourcing agent will also take on some risk for you and guarantee the stuff you are getting is good.

Oscilllator - 16-10-2013 at 23:40

Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the location "ooo esss ahhh." Where are you situated, and are you willing to ship to australia? I would be interested in buying about 500g.

Finnnicus - 17-10-2013 at 02:27

Methinks its USA. uuu ssss aaaa
Wonder how much that is? (500g - USA to Australia)

BTW: I'm not interesting in buying any, if I've given that impression.

*FWOOSH* - 17-10-2013 at 04:49

@woelen
I guess I didn't think of a titration. Sounds a lot more reliable than my original plan haha. I'd have to acquire some I2 first, but that shouldn't be much of an issue for this small a quantity. I coincidentally just acquired a couple burettes and some sodium thiosulphate so that's quite doable with my equipment, I live within driving distance of United Nuclear so I can probably just go pick up a bit of I2 sometime this week:D.
I have one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-Mill...
For just such purposes, they're cheap and quite reliable. I've found that they're accurate within 3mg with careful use.

@Oscillator/Finnicus
I guess that may not have been as clear as I thought, but yes, it was supposed to mean USA. I would be willing to ship to OZ, but I'd need to brush up on the local regs first as it is a singularly difficult country to ship too. And If I need to use Fedex to ship it could get pricey. But like I said earlier, I don't really want to get ahead of myself and start pricing things until I know it's going to work out.

[Edited on 17-10-2013 by *FWOOSH*]

watson.fawkes - 17-10-2013 at 07:17

Quote: Originally posted by The_Davster  
They have a word over there, which I forget currently, that is especially for the role of personal relationships in business.
"guanxi" the word for silk thread, used for personal relationship of all kinds, not just in business.

*FWOOSH* - 23-10-2013 at 08:07

Package arrived about 10 minutes ago. Not a drum as I thought it would be, but a bunch of 1kg silver heat seal bags (sorta like the food grade stuff I think). Preliminary test (aka spoonful into cup of vinegar) shows a vigorous reaction producing highly flammable, lighter than air gas. Stuff smells rather unpleasant, I need to go take a whiff of my Chemsavers sample to compare I guess:P.Not able to titrate atm. I have class and I still need to grab that I2...
Maybe I can convince one of the instructors at my college to take a look at it in exchange for a free sample and save myself the hassle of buying Iodine. They're always complaining about how they don't have the budget for chemical purchases:D

palico - 23-10-2013 at 09:05

So, you can introduce in your country 25 kg of borohydride without special authorization and being a simple client not an enterprise ?

*FWOOSH* - 23-10-2013 at 11:31

It's not a controlled substance or precursor in the US. The only issues you run into are HAZMAT and customs duties. Is that what you were asking about?
It did take a significant amount of effort to arrange the whole thing, not as easy as going online and clicking "buy it now".

[Edited on 23-10-2013 by *FWOOSH*]

chemrox - 23-10-2013 at 12:59

I'll take a kg.

palico - 24-10-2013 at 02:12

Yes, I was talking about the hazardness.

Blue Matter - 24-10-2013 at 11:40

I will take 1-2 kilos depending on price and shipping

ldanielrosa - 24-10-2013 at 12:05

It looks like you've got a lot of interested folks, myself included. I hope you don't sell out too quickly for others to get in on it.

*FWOOSH* - 24-10-2013 at 18:07

I'm going to get back to everyone ASAP. I just REALLY want to verify the quality of this before I start shipping things out, I'm pretty confident it's going to be good though, based on what I've seen so far. I plan on picking up the I2 tomorrow morning and performing the titration in the evening. I've just had a few exams this week so I'm a bit pressed for time. Those of you who are interested please feel free to send me a U2U. Meaning ONE if at all possible, I promise you'll get a reply soon.
Some estimates:
1kg for $200 +shipping
500g for $120 +shipping
100g for $45 +shipping
50g for $30 +shipping
Larger than that and we can probably work something out.
That's significantly cheaper than anything I was able to find, but still enough for it to be worthwhile for me to do this. Fair enough?

And I'll add that I ship from Michigan, so if you need an estimate to decide if it's worthwhile you can go look yourself now:P. It'll have to use UPS or Fedex, it's illegal to ship via USPS. So don't even ask.
I'm still debating on international, it's gonna be damn expensive to ship and I'm not sure how much customs will like it. Sounds like a headache waiting to happen. If you have any good ideas or experience let me know. False customs declaration is a crime, and a stupid one to attempt in the US. I'm not looking for any trouble, I'm nervous enough as it is just selling it legally.

*FWOOSH* - 27-10-2013 at 11:03

Good News! The assay went pretty damn well. I elected to preform a comparative analysis instead of a straight-up quantitative, simply because I'm rather clumsy and I had a fresh bottle of reliably sourced NaBH4 at hand. This made endpoint a much simpler process because I could just pick an endpoint color.

100g Na2S2O3*5H2O was used to create 1L of aqueous solution for titration.
100mg (up to 103mg but no more, and no less than 100mg) NaBH4 x4
-2x chinese
-one from the Chemsavers bottle
-one 50:50 mix of the two

Each sample was dissolved in 10mL of 10% KOH and added via pasteur pipette to 2.70-2.72g I2 (couldn't get them exactly even but it all got factored in). NaBH4 containers were washed with a small amount of base solution which was added to the reaction (2mL x 2).
After a neat reduction reaction small excess conc. HCL was added, (few mL's per tube, same to each one)
Titrated against thiosulfate solution white-green endpoint (pretty sure this is actually thiosulfate and HCl, therefore the comparison instead of molar calculation. Didn't stop to consider that when I initally added the HCl, woops.)
Endpoints were reached all well within 1mL of each other.
So less than (100/248.18)*.001*.5 = 0.0002015 moles I2 difference. Much of this was accounted for by the difference in iodine samples, 0.01 / 354 = 0.0000393 moles per 0.01g difference.
This NaBH4 appears to be equivalent in quality to that of my 99% Chemsavers sample.
The given assay is 98+% which I am now inclined to believe.

*FWOOSH* - 28-10-2013 at 14:02

Can't edit my last post and there was a small typo, should be 0.01 / 254 not 354, but the answer was still correct.
I'd also like to add that if you're interested please give me some idea of where you live if you're expecting a shipping estimate.

*FWOOSH* - 1-11-2013 at 11:32

Some questions I've answered a few times:
I'm willing to ship to Canada.
I'm open to trades for lab equipment and/or chemicals. Actually, I would love to trade.
International orders overseas will be considered case-by-case. But expect at least ~$50 for shipping alone, couriers are expensive.

Erbium_Iodine_Carbon - 7-11-2013 at 07:51

I can confirm that he will ship to Canada. I received my package of 250g yesterday in good condition. I've yet to test it, but it looks legitimate: a white, free-flowing crystalline powder. I'll also note that it got through customs without a problem.

SHADYCHASE54 - 12-11-2013 at 13:16

I have placed my order so I will wait an see.I must say though, if the item comes as expected and pocesses the determined purity all I can say to FWOOSH is

thank you thank you thank you!!!

Status Update

*FWOOSH* - 12-11-2013 at 18:57

Hey everyone, sent U2U's to all pending orders but I thought I should post in here.
I ran into some issues with Fedex's billing department late last week and was in a car accident yesterday, so I'm experiencing some delays in getting everything shipped out. The billing issues have been resolved and I'm getting a rental tomorrow morning so I'm going to push to have everything dropped off with Fedex tomorrow morning. I'd like to add that I'm always willing to give a refund if there's a delay like this, I don't think it'll be necessary but just thought that should be put out there.

Thanks everyone for being so patient, this is starting to go faster than I anticipated.

Edit: Alright, back on track! Everything's out except one package that's gotta wait till tomorrow. Tracking numbers sent to everyone and I can take more orders again. :D
Thought I should add I do have an ebay account, but the prices are higher to accommodate for eBay's fees, I've been putting some small listings up auction style every once in a while though to build up feedback.

[Edited on 14-11-2013 by *FWOOSH*]

mayko - 15-11-2013 at 16:46

My bottle just showed up - thanks! :D

MichiganMadScientist - 17-11-2013 at 16:44

I actually just completed an in-person transaction with individual (since we live near each other). Everything went great. I traded him a hotplate/stirrer in exchange for some NaBH4.

I love the internet. :-)

hive3 - 5-12-2013 at 06:26

I successfully purchased from this user. There was a shipping issue and it was corrected satisfactorily.

zenosx - 5-12-2013 at 17:47

Just received mine, initial tests are all good, and he even compensated me with a bit extra for just a slight delay in shipping :) Thanks SO Much FWOOSH, if you figure out what else you will import next, U2U me :D

For those iffy about it, it's legit and no BS here.

Mr_Magnesium - 11-12-2013 at 00:57

mhmm sodium borohydride, seems that it isn't too difficult to find in Australia

[Edited on 11-12-2013 by Mr_Magnesium]

*FWOOSH* - 12-12-2013 at 20:35

I am no longer shipping to Canada. Had an order play a vanishing act at the border twice now, out of nowhere. Several others have made it without issue but it's just not worth the extra hassle and paperwork only to have the damn thing disappear, disappear again after reshipping at my own expense, and then probably having to issue a refund on top of that.

HeYBrO - 13-12-2013 at 14:12

Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Magnesium  
mhmm sodium borohydride, seems that it isn't too difficult to find in Australia

could you please elaborate?

mr.crow - 13-12-2013 at 19:25

Quote: Originally posted by *FWOOSH*  
I am no longer shipping to Canada. Had an order play a vanishing act at the border twice now, out of nowhere. Several others have made it without issue but it's just not worth the extra hassle and paperwork only to have the damn thing disappear, disappear again after reshipping at my own expense, and then probably having to issue a refund on top of that.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

Packages shouldn't just disappear like that. Maybe it takes 2 extra weeks or a month, or you get a "love letter" saying it was confiscated.

*FWOOSH* - 5-1-2014 at 10:02

@mr.crow
I'm not to happy about it myself, I was at least expecting a notice of seizure, etc. But two packages just vanished into "clearance delay" indefinitely and Fedex can't find them.

Just letting everyone know, I've got ~10kg left.

I also have some TLC plates that I just got in for sale.
They're 5x20cm plates (quite large) with fluorescent indicator and glass backing.
1 box of 100 full 5x20cm plates - $100 + shipping
50 plates - $60 + shipping
25 plates - $35 + shipping
10 plates - $20 + shipping
5 plates - $10 + shipping

Shipping shouldn't be too bad because I can send them via USPS. I can definitely send these internationally too.

[Edited on 5-1-2014 by *FWOOSH*]

*FWOOSH* - 18-1-2014 at 10:28

HOLY SHIT!! I'M OUT!!!:o:o:o

Someone just emptied me out, I'm going to order more because it appears there's significant interest still. I'm going to try to nab a couple other chems as well, I'll let y'all know.

Kapitan - 21-1-2014 at 18:38

Aw, damn. I was just about to buy some, too. Well, I'll snag some on the next go-round.

*FWOOSH* - 23-1-2014 at 16:17

I do actually have a little left. I was planning on hanging onto a kilo but I suppose I could sell a couple more 50-250g bottles.

Round Two... FIGHT

*FWOOSH* - 11-3-2014 at 23:30

Howdy everyone! It took a while but I'm finally getting another shipment.

25kg NaBH4

AND 2kg LiAlH4!

Should be finalized within a week and arrive within a week or two of that. I'll need to figure out pricing on the LiAlH4 when it's not 3am.

Took longer than I wanted it to because I've had a number of personal and family issues that had me strapped for time and finances. And THEN my vendor wanted to stop taking PayPal so I had to go dig up someone else.

I trust this vendor, they have a good reputation and gave no problems with accepting paypal. But I can titrate this batch in a similar manner to the last one if there are any concerns about purity.
The NaBH4 is listed at >=98%
LiAlH4 listed at >=97%

EDIT:
Here's some preliminary pricing on the LiAlH4:
1kg - $500 + S/H
500g - $280 + S/H
250g - $175 + S/H
100g - $80 + S/H
50g - $45 + S/H
25g - $25 + S/H
Shipping by fedex again for these lovelies.

[Edited on 12-3-2014 by *FWOOSH*]

Mr_Magnesium - 12-3-2014 at 06:27

Nice FWOOSH!

USA so no shipping to Aus :(

We are always left out.

*FWOOSH* - 12-3-2014 at 11:22

You can blame your incredibly anal customs agents for that, no way am I going to try shipping something to Australia that I can't even reliably get to people in Canada :P.
Maybe someday I'll get certified to send this kind of stuff by air, but until then I'd like to stay out of prison :D

[Edited on 12-3-2014 by *FWOOSH*]

Crowfjord - 12-3-2014 at 16:44

I would just like to add some positive feedback for FWOOSH, just in case anybody has any doubts. Good prices, good service/communication, good business. I haven't tested the borohydride yet, but I am confident that it is as advertised.

mr.crow - 12-3-2014 at 18:52

Nice! LiAlH4

This stuff is much more dangerous and difficult to store. I think they put it in plastic bags to prevent hydrogen pressure from building up.

Aw I cant get any in Canada :(

*FWOOSH* - 13-3-2014 at 05:46

They don't just put it in plastic bags, they seal it in iron tins. :o
I think this serves a dual purpose of keeping out all moisture and avoiding accidents during overseas shipping

thanos thanatos - 19-3-2014 at 09:22

Fwoosh -

Seeing as how it is shipped in a sealed can (which is also the way I have received it in the past), how are you planning on repackaging the LiAlH4?

*FWOOSH* - 19-3-2014 at 17:37

I was planning on using a carefully sealed HDPE container under argon inside a secondary bag inside a box. Keeping it within the Continental US and only via ground shipping means that it will be exposed to a lot less wear and tear than the trip all the way from china.
If you look around I think you'll find that many vendors (Sigma-Aldrich for example) will send it in a simple sealed plastic bag for smaller quantities.
I think a solid HDPE bottle is much safer than a bag and should be quite sufficient for domestic purposes.

MyNameIsUnnecessarilyLong - 19-3-2014 at 18:32

How'd that sponge iron work out for you?

*FWOOSH* - 20-3-2014 at 15:52

I haven't actually had the chance to use it yet:P, thanks for that though! It arrived very quickly and well packed. I need it to use as a reducing agent in a couple projects I have coming up.

*FWOOSH* - 24-3-2014 at 17:28

NaBH4 arrived today! This time I actually got a 25kg Drum! It's pretty cool. The 1kg sacks were nice though, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get this packaged up. :mad:

I'll post the prices here again for people who don't want to read the entire thread:

NaBH4: All shipping via Fedex Ground, usually ~$10
1kg for $200 +shipping
500g for $120 +shipping
250g for $85 +shipping
100g for $45 +shipping
50g for $30 +shipping

Glass Backed TLC plates w/Fluorescent Indicator
Shipping via USPS, cheap!
1 box of 100 full 5x20cm plates - $100 + shipping
50 plates - $60 + shipping
25 plates - $35 + shipping
10 plates - $20 + shipping
5 plates - $10 + shipping

preliminary pricing on the LiAlH4:
1kg - $500 + S/H
500g - $280 + S/H
250g - $175 + S/H
100g - $80 + S/H
50g - $45 + S/H
25g - $25 + S/H
Shipping by fedex again for these lovelies.

Electra - 28-3-2014 at 08:31

FWOOSH,

what arrived today, isn't what you ordered 5 months ago is it? That would be an incredibly long time to wait... so I hope you didn't have to go through that. I've found that once you find a good chinese supplier, they're usually good all around, and can source many things, depending on who they are. Really is a relief once you find out they're not scamming you.

*FWOOSH* - 29-3-2014 at 09:44

No, not at all haha. I ran out and had to place a new order. It arrived within a week of payment being sent. :o
I've found the same to be true, they're generally good all around if they're not running a scam from the start.

gdflp - 31-3-2014 at 12:46

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know about how stable sodium borohydride is in a tightly closed container sealed with electrical tape or the like? About how long is it before it becomes unusable?

Dr.Bob - 31-3-2014 at 13:02

I have used bottles of many reducing agents (NaBH4, LAH, NaCNBH3) that are 5-10 years old with success. As long as their is no visible degradation, and they have been sealed between uses, they will keep several years if kept dry. A desiccator helps also. But if you see visible changes, like clumping in NaCNBH3, that is usually a sign that they are going bad. Solids are typically MUCH more stable than solutions or liquids, especially if in volatile solvents.

Many chemists simply use a larger excess for older chemicals. There are some cases where you want to do something tricky, like reduce only one of two functional groups, or control sterochemistry, where fresh/good reagents are critical. but if you have a simple reduction, there is little risk of older reagents. You can always tritrate them if worried, and that is what most chemists do for critical cases, like using BuLi or other bases. I would guess that NaBH4 could easily last 5 years in good shape if kept dry (sealed bottle, even better if placed inside a larger container with some drying agent).

I have even just used Dryrite bottles as mini-desiccators in some cases). That works pretty well. Also, if anyone wants a small spiffy metal (paint type) can to store chemicals in, I have a few empty ones that reagents came in, mostly about pint sized.

[Edited on 31-3-2014 by Dr.Bob]

Burner - 31-3-2014 at 15:29

Dr Bob,

You mentioned using an empty paint can for storage. Do you, or anyone else, know of a source for new paint cans? I think that getting some pint, quart, and gallon cans would be a wonderful idea.

Dr.Bob - 31-3-2014 at 17:59

A lot of paint stores sell them for small color batches. You can also order them online, I think, just google paint cans. If you buy anything from me, I can throw in a few for free, I get chemicals over-packed in them occasionally. (When they pack the bottle (in a box) in a can, which is in a box, sometimes inside another box.) Mostly I have a few pint or quart size ones.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/AutoBodyDepot/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemN...

*FWOOSH* - 31-3-2014 at 22:10

Thanks for the tip on the cans, I might look for some for the LAH if I can find enough of them in the right size ranges for a decent price.

*FWOOSH* - 22-4-2014 at 12:16

My 3kg of LAH arrived last week. Hoping to get all pending orders out tonight and will be able to accept more soon. Please be advised that I may take a week or two to get your package to you if something comes up, I don't think I've been as clear as I should have been about that.

The majority of the LAH is either already sold or spoken for :o but if you get to me soon there will probably be some left still.

etzal - 11-5-2014 at 08:37

Anybody heard anything from fwoosh anymore? It's been almost a month since he apologised to me by u2u for not having send out my order yet, and I still didn't receive anything, nor did I see him online here since 26th of april.

Burner - 11-5-2014 at 08:54

I am in the same boat. I hate to say it, but it is beginning to look like a scam. :(

stoichiometric_steve - 11-5-2014 at 11:24

Bullshit, out of the blue he decides to scam people when all was fine and dandy for weeks?

Zyklon-A - 11-5-2014 at 13:20

Quote: Originally posted by stoichiometric_steve  
Bullshit, out of the blue he decides to scam people when all was fine and dandy for weeks?

Umm why would you say that's bullshit? This is exactly how scams work. Lure everyone with a few legitimate sales, then once you have everyone trusting you, and people have giving you their money, you fuck off and nobody sees or hears of you again.
I'm not saying he's fake, there might be a real reason he wasn't able to get online. I'm just saying just because he honestly sold stuff last time isn't proof that he isn't a conman.
Of course if he is full of shit, I'll bet he'll make a new account and try the same stunt. If such a situation does occur, the admins can track his IP address so he'll likely get found out. And he'll certainly read this thread, so he might decide not to try at all, or go to a different computer/location.

[Edited on 11-5-2014 by Zyklonb]

Burner - 11-5-2014 at 17:08

BTW, what form of payment did people use? I used WU, so I have a name and a GENERAL location.

gdflp - 11-5-2014 at 17:21

He hasn't been online since April 26, he said he was attending university so he might just be busy dealing with studying for final exams. I know I am.:(

Dr.Bob - 11-5-2014 at 19:03

I don't know Fwoosh, but I do know that I have had times when I was swamped with stuff, messages, or orders, also times when I had a hard time getting a hold of buyers. Even on Amazon, I have had people not respond to my messages due to spam filters or whatever.

I would try to be a little more patient, and if anyone has used paypal, you should have an email address associated with the payment. Try sending a message to that one. If all else fails, you should be able to make a claim if you bought via Paypal.

Weinreb - 11-6-2014 at 13:43

It has been a few months now, has anyone else heard anything from fwoosh recently?

Burner - 11-6-2014 at 13:59

Unfortunately, no. I hate to admit it, but I was scammed by him. :(

Crowfjord - 11-6-2014 at 14:28

That really sucks, Burner :(. I had a really good rapport with *FWOOSH*. I think others did, too. It makes me more inclined to think that maybe something bad happened. I hope they are not hurt. How much money did you lose? Did anybody else have a loss on this?

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by Crowfjord]

Metacelsus - 11-6-2014 at 17:22

Mine arrived OK.

Burner - 11-6-2014 at 17:49

Quote: Originally posted by Cheddite Cheese  
Mine arrived OK.

Was that from the first round or the second round?