Sciencemadness Discussion Board

adapter 24/40 <--> 29/32

pneumatician - 25-12-2013 at 17:18


where i find one of these? is impossible to do?

contacted a glass glare blower and no reply... what the hell??


Dariusrussell - 25-12-2013 at 18:00

Im going to be somewhat helpful since you obviously didnt search that hard.

Its sigma, so good luck ordering from them. But they were the second link down in a google search.

Also, its christmas, I hope the glassblower didn't reply. You also should make sure you contact a scientific glassblower, and not an artist; the latter won't be as helpful.

Dr.Bob - 25-12-2013 at 20:22

It is not so hard to find 24/40 to 29/42 adapters, but I have never seen a 29/32 joint. It might be the shorter version, but will be harder to find, especially if mixed with a long 24/40 joint.

Lambda-Eyde - 25-12-2013 at 23:11

24/40 is US size, 29/32 is European size. The probability of finding an adapter with these two joints is close to zero. Contact a less useless glassblower and have it made. Or just go for 24/29 or 29/42 on one of the ends.

pneumatician - 26-12-2013 at 02:14

i search some time ago and no results, or I find the prices obscene, this company not sell little quantities...

you say "good luck buying from this co" so what happend? this company only sell to big accounts?? or the prices + shipping are pornographic???

vmelkon - 26-12-2013 at 02:23

I doubt that Sigma Aldrich would sell to you unless you open a corporate account. I once contacted a local place in Quebec (by email). After a month, they responded by saying they only sell to universities and companies.

You need to find an amateur friendly palce like united or ebay. I found a couple of things at my local store where they sell used tv, cloths, books, cassettes, home glassware. I found a Kimax 250 mL flask and a storage bottle (500 mL) with glass stopper (meth was carved into the glass).

[Edited on 26-12-2013 by vmelkon]

TheChemiKid - 26-12-2013 at 04:01

You can find a reducing adapter here and an enlarging adapter here.

pneumatician - 26-12-2013 at 07:02

Quote: Originally posted by TheChemiKid  
You can find a reducing adapter here and an enlarging adapter here.

thanks but 29/42 to 24/40
and i want one of 29/32

in ebay (, .de, .com, .ie) i never see this adapter.

[Edited on 26-12-2013 by pneumatician]

[Edited on 26-12-2013 by pneumatician]

TheChemiKid - 26-12-2013 at 09:30

these will work with 29/32. As long as the first number is the same, they will both work. I used to use a mix of 24/40 and 24/29 joints, and it worked fine.

pneumatician - 26-11-2014 at 11:01

FOUND!!!! :cool:

Angaben zum Verkäufer
nanshinsales (1091 )

j_sum1 - 26-11-2014 at 14:57

That took a while!