Sciencemadness Discussion Board

chemistry designs, households?

DubaiAmateurRocketry - 11-6-2014 at 07:33

I think I may want to have some chemistry-related things in my house, because seeing some of chemistry stuff gives me a good start of my day.

I may want to paint some chemical compounds on my wall, but... how do I paint them so perfectly? I also maybe want a block of elemental titanium with its signs on the periodic table carved into it, and maybe a lamp that it's shading has holes in exact shape so the light going out in that place makes a chemistry compound shadow on my wall?

what about a shower place with a periodic table carved into the walls? umm where/how do i get/make these stuff?

Rogeryermaw - 11-6-2014 at 07:45

get some new beakers for coffee cups and use a nice volumetric flask for a flower vase.

arkoma - 11-6-2014 at 19:43

Straight outa Leonard and Sheldon's Apartment

Periodic Table Shower Curtain

Fantasma4500 - 12-6-2014 at 01:48

you could probably get a periodic table and get some clear rubber coating for it?
or just a shelf with all different colours of your favorite crystals..

green i would suggest copper chloride, if you can keep the crystals nice and not break them into powder

Texium - 14-6-2014 at 14:25

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
Straight outa Leonard and Sheldon's Apartment

Periodic Table Shower Curtain

I just looked at that, and according to the reviews, it's really crappy, because for example, sulfur is spelled sulfer, among other things.

Oh, and about the crystals, I have decided to collect various crystals in my room, starting with a 36 gram clump of copper sulfate crystals.

[Edited on 6-15-2014 by zts16]