Sciencemadness Discussion Board

how to by a tropinone??!?!

srdjan - 19-9-2005 at 16:08

I want to by a TROPINONE! I dont know where in the world, or if I find it, is very expensive! Can you think obout it, and post me back! Thank you for youre cooperation...

Blind Angel - 19-9-2005 at 17:55

why don't you extract it from Datura Stramonium?
And what is the use of tropinone except induce psychosis or maybe cut out the hearsickness?

praseodym - 20-9-2005 at 00:20

Found this on a site, it may help you in the synthesis of tropinone.

"In organic chemistry the synthesis is considered a milestone in total synthesis. Tropinone is a complex bicyclic molecule but the reactants are fairly simple: succindialdehyde (see succinic acid and aldehydes), methyl amine and actone dicarboxylate (or even acetone). The synthesis is a good example of a biomimetic reaction or biogenetic-type synthesis because biosynthesis makes use of the same building blocks. It also demonstrates a tandem reaction is a one-pot synthesis.

The main features apparent from the reaction sequence below are:

step 1: Nucleophilic addition of secondary amine to aldehyde followed by loss of water to create an imine

step 2: nucleophilic addition of the imine to the second aldehyde unit and first ring closure

step 3: intermolecular mannich reaction of the enolate of actone dicarboxylate

step 4: new enolate formation and new imine formation with loss of water for

step 5: second intramolecular mannich reaction and second ring closure

step 6: loss of 2 carboxylic groups to tropinone"

srdjan - 20-9-2005 at 07:30

I know the synthesis of tropinone but is very expensive! If I buy all chemicals for synthesis is more expensive than buying tropinone! Problem is I cant buy it because I'm just a person, not a company, you know what I mean?! So, I need tropinone and I need the name of the company which want sell it too me, regular person! And not expensive. I pay $60 per 50g!

I am a fish - 20-9-2005 at 09:23

This is not a forum for drug makers. If you're interested in discussing chemistry, then fine. However, if you merely want to reduce your production costs, then take your questions elsewhere.

*Thread Closed*