Sciencemadness Discussion Board

how can I estimate a solubility curve of organic compounds?

braispallares - 31-3-2003 at 09:37

I want to ask for software which could help me to know the solubility of a mixed organic compounds. Some of these compounds are not in the bibliography (they are intermediate compounds and I can't look any book to know it) so I need to estimate it.

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by braispallares]

estimate solubility of unknown compounds?!

Polverone - 31-3-2003 at 11:18

Let me get this straight: you don't know what you have in solution, but you want to estimate how soluble it is without directly measuring it. Is that correct? If that's really what you want, I think you are asking for the impossible.

[Edited on 31-3-2003 by Polverone]

Darkfire - 31-3-2003 at 16:15

Try chem sketch, with its add on... it will help but you will need more info than you gave us.

CTR

Organikum - 31-3-2003 at 16:26

ChemOfficeUltra has some features useful for this I believe. You´ll need a serial of course for expanding the evaluation a little bit.
And ChemStations.ChemCAD.v5.1.3.Pro should do it for sure.....
.....but is not to get on every corner.

Rhadon - 1-4-2003 at 18:34

Shall I upload ChemCAD to the FTP?

EDIT: Okay, what a question, I'll just do it :)

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Rhadon]

Esto,mira que che digo, matasme meu home

oui2583 - 12-2-2006 at 11:54

Eu penso que o mellor que podes facer e que cha jalen un pouquiño, cando te corras votalo nun vaso de auga e miras cantas veces te podes correr ata que a auga estea saturada.
Nunca falla (ou folla como queiras)
Deixa de facerte pajas mentales, e deixa o extasis que e malo para a saude.
Veña chaval, recuerdos a familia e bicos o porco!!
A ver si vamos un dia por asturias para ensinarche como se disolven sustancias organicas na tua boca
Arre carallon!!!

[Edited on 12-2-2006 by oui2583]

que pena me das.jpg - 55kB

Darkblade48 - 12-2-2006 at 22:37

Errr, to the previous post, I have no clue what the member is saying, and the attachment is a picture of a man with a woman....

What does this have to do with the question in the thread?

As for the original question, if braispallares wants, I believe ChemOfficeUltra with a crack is uploaded to axehandle's FTP; you'll have to PM him for a account name + password.