Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Another Free product...

Zombie - 13-2-2015 at 18:06

I was free stuff shopping, and came across this.

http://www.thermoscientific.com/en/products/general-labware....

If you scroll down to "Break the Glass Habit", and click on the highlighted link (Start Breaking the Glass Habit) There is a small info deal, and a 4 question test on what you just read.

The free product is a small Nalgene beaker. (10ml I believe) Nice for free...

Dow Corning also has a free sample page for many of their plastic Lab-ware products...
http://catalog2.corning.com/Lifesciences/en-US/Shopping/Samp...

[Edited on 14-2-2015 by Zombie]

Chemosynthesis - 13-2-2015 at 21:05

Nice. Not seeing the first link work for me, though.

Zombie - 13-2-2015 at 23:07

Ok.
I corrected the link, and it works now.

violet sin - 14-2-2015 at 02:10

sweet, thanks. from the pic, I was led to believe it was 250ml.
http://img.en25.com/EloquaImages/clients/ThermoFisherScienti...

gdflp - 14-2-2015 at 08:36

We'll see how this works out, thanks for finding that Zombie! I tried to get a big free sample order from Corning, and I'm related to the owner of a small scientific company, so I'm hopeful.:cool:

EDIT: Hahaha, that's really funny, 500 posts on my 1-year anniversary at SM. I didn't even realize I was near either of those until just now.:o

[Edited on 2-15-2015 by gdflp]

Zombie - 14-2-2015 at 15:13

Happy anniversary Gdflp.

The Corning site is like a great big free for all. I'm thinking all the major manufacturers will have a similar system.

On the other side of the same coin... I try not to take advantage of too many of these.

I figure if I have to lie to get it, I probably shouldn't Unlike being married. I ALWAYS lied to get it!

Molecular Manipulations - 20-2-2015 at 12:17

Thanks Zombie, just ordered one.

DFliyerz - 20-2-2015 at 12:31

Free samples?
I must be dreaming!

Zombie - 20-2-2015 at 13:45

Quote: Originally posted by gdflp  
We'll see how this works out, thanks for finding that Zombie! I tried to get a big free sample order from Corning, and I'm related to the owner of a small scientific company, so I'm hopeful.:cool:

EDIT: Hahaha, that's really funny, 500 posts on my 1-year anniversary at SM. I didn't even realize I was near either of those until just now.:o

[Edited on 2-15-2015 by gdflp]

I just noticed I have 500 posts in a month! Happy Birthday to ME! :D (they are all dribble tho)

Here's another one...

http://www.fishersci.com/ecomm/servlet/cmstatic?href=index.j...

Fisher scientific. Go to the link marked "Special offers" on the left menu. You will find a "samples" link.

The only stipulation is you MUST sign up with them for an account first.
Business name, and a credit card. They do not charge you for samples. The card is solely for verification that you are a real person.

I ordered a sample PVC lab apron, and safety glasses. Should be here in a few days.

There chemicals are INSANELY expensive but the lab-ware is reasonable, and the consumables are fair as well.
I will be ordering gloves, hi heat mitt, surgical masks ect. from them.

Hope it helps...
I'll keep posting these as I find them.;)

[Edited on 20-2-2015 by Zombie]

Oh yeah... I received a conformation Email from Dow that my samples from them have shipped.
2) sleves of 100mm vented Petri dishes, and a 250ml Wash bottle. I guess I have to order something from them to repay the kindness.

[Edited on 20-2-2015 by Zombie]

gdflp - 20-2-2015 at 15:51

Quote: Originally posted by Zombie  

Oh yeah... I received a conformation Email from Dow that my samples from them have shipped.
2) sleves of 100mm vented Petri dishes, and a 250ml Wash bottle. I guess I have to order something from them to repay the kindness.

Damn, I haven't gotten one of those yet.:mad: Did you get that e-mail today, if so at what time? Also, when did you order the samples? I was slightly greedier and kind of went down and checked off almost everything on the list.:D

Also, congrats on being an International Hazard, that was fast. I bet you're on the no-fly list now.:D

Zombie - 20-2-2015 at 16:10

I received an email from Dow about 4 days ago, asking what my interest, and field was.

I replied that the wash bottle, and Petri's were for my interest in Mycology (Cloning), and the email that my sample order shipped came today at about 1:00 pm.

You must have asked for dozens of items...LOL

You would have been better off explaining you were equipping a new Lab, and were looking for vendors.

There is a Spanish company I came across that sends you a hard case assortment including a Sep. Funnel, 250ml Beaker, 250ml Erl. flask 24 / 32 I think? 100ml RBF 24 / 32, Vacuum adapter, thermometer, and stoppers for all.

They are on Youtube, and I can't find the link again. I actually went to the web page (english) but had to leave the house, and lost the whole deal...

There is plenty of free stuff out there. You just have to be real, and not ask too much.

gdflp - 20-2-2015 at 16:53

You must have asked for dozens of items...LOL

You would have been better off explaining you were equipping a new Lab, and were looking for vendors.

Yeah, I never got the first e-mail from them though.:( I kind of figured that it was all or nothing. Time will tell I guess.

[Edited on 2-21-2015 by gdflp]

Zombie - 20-2-2015 at 17:53

android-froyo-is-a-slap-in-apple-s-face-430ea077d8.jpg - 51kB

Mailinmypocket - 23-2-2015 at 10:32

Got my samples from Fisher today... A 250ml beaker and a nifty bandaid case, with bandaids!

image.jpg - 965kB

DFliyerz - 23-2-2015 at 10:48

There is a Spanish company I came across that sends you a hard case assortment including a Sep. Funnel, 250ml Beaker, 250ml Erl. flask 24 / 32 I think? 100ml RBF 24 / 32, Vacuum adapter, thermometer, and stoppers for all.

...sorry, am I drooling? I need stuff like this so badly.

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 12:43

I found the company on Utube. It was a short name beginning with "S". Perhaps 5-6 letters in the name.

I tried searching again but so far cant find it. I think I was in Lab Supplies or Lab glass... I really forget.

Perhaps someone else will know the company? I do believe they were based in Spain.

Cool deal on the beaker Mailinmypocket.
I love free stuff.

Mailinmypocket - 23-2-2015 at 12:57

The beaker is neat but it's has one of those stupid dome shaped bottoms that drives stir bars crazy. It's free though so can't complain, actually, yes I can :)

kronos - 23-2-2015 at 13:04

If you scroll down to "Break the Glass Habit", and click on the highlighted link (Start Breaking the Glass Habit) There is a small info deal, and a 4 question test on what you just read.

Dow Corning also has a free sample page for many of their plastic Lab-ware products...

will they give this to any amateur chemist or do i need to have a lab and a few luscence to recieve the sampe beaker

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 13:04

Heat it up, and reshape it.

Maybe a heat gun held under it for a few moments. You have nothing to loose! :D

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 13:08

Quote: Originally posted by kronos  

will they give this to any amateur chemist or do i need to have a lab and a few luscence to recieve the sampe beaker

They ask nothing more than a name, and address.

Fisher does have a Lab sample page just like Dow /Corning but this is a different deal.
This offer actually seems to be aimed at hobbyists, amateur chemists.

Check out the link, read the page, answer 4 questions, and get a beaker. :cool:

[Edited on 2-23-2015 by Zombie]

kronos - 23-2-2015 at 13:09

I did not quite get your point Zombie

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 13:13

Quote: Originally posted by kronos  
I did not quite get your point Zombie

Look up one post...
The other was about the dome shape. :D

DFliyerz - 23-2-2015 at 13:19

I found the company on Utube. It was a short name beginning with "S". Perhaps 5-6 letters in the name.

I tried searching again but so far cant find it. I think I was in Lab Supplies or Lab glass... I really forget.

Perhaps someone else will know the company? I do believe they were based in Spain.

I love free stuff.

Sorry to be so excited and persistent, but perhaps check your history on YouTube? I'm in serious need of this kind of equipment, and would probably save a ton of money even if I did have to pay shipping. :P

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 13:22

Quote: Originally posted by DFliyerz  

I love free stuff.

Sorry to be so excited and persistent, but perhaps check your history on YouTube? I'm in serious need of this kind of equipment, and would probably save a ton of money even if I did have to pay shipping. :P

I'm a paranoid Patty. My computer is wiped clean every night.

I will spend some time looking for it again however.

No worries! :cool:

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 13:30

Here it is!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhJA8udFRk

Under the vid in the description there is a link to the company. I believe it was an English web site or I used "translate". I forget which.

I did not need the sample so I went no further. It was just to post here for others that might be able to use this.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out. :D

DFliyerz - 23-2-2015 at 14:19

Here it is!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhJA8udFRk

Under the vid in the description there is a link to the company. I believe it was an English web site or I used "translate". I forget which.

I did not need the sample so I went no further. It was just to post here for others that might be able to use this.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out. :D

Hmm, I found the website, but can't find anything about the case they showed...

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 14:27

Want me to order it for you? LOL

Try Emailing them or actually calling them.

Explain that you saw the Utube video, and are interested in ordering the sample case.
Offer a credit card to pay the shipping if you are not in the same country that it will ship from. That alone goes a long way toward building a relationship with potential vendors.

DFliyerz - 23-2-2015 at 14:31

Want me to order it for you? LOL

Try Emailing them or actually calling them.

Explain that you saw the Utube video, and are interested in ordering the sample case.
Offer a credit card to pay the shipping if you are not in the same country that it will ship from. That alone goes a long way toward building a relationship with potential vendors.

Ahh, thanks for the help!

Zombie - 23-2-2015 at 14:34

Anytime. I hope it works out for you.

Let us know. :D

Mailinmypocket - 27-2-2015 at 10:40

More goodies from Corning today! :D some ultra cool (no pun intended) cryogenic vials. And 200 individually wrapped pipettes. This is fun!

image.jpg - 1004kB image.jpg - 1.5MB

Zombie - 27-2-2015 at 12:24

UPS Day!!!

Just received my Corning samples.WOW!!!

I had requested 1@ of Petri dishes (33 to a sleeve)
and one 250ml Wash bottle.

They sent me two types of Perti's @ 2 sleeves each. 132 total Perti's
One 250ml, and one 500ml Wash bottle
One pair of Lexan saftey glasses,
4 Tyvek lab coats

"Part Number
Quantity Requested
Unit of Measure
Product Name
Note
BP93B-15 2 Pack/Sleeve 100 x 15 mm Aseptic Petri Dish Double Bagged, with Traceability Labels
BP93D-01 2 Pack/Sleeve 100 x 15 mm ISO-Marked Aseptic Petri Dish, Double Bagged with Traceability Labels"

That's from the conformation Email...
Along w/ that bunch of free goods is the regional sales reps' Info, and a cool Elemental chart 4" x 6" magnet. Like a fridge magnet.

I have my eye on some PVC Lab Aprons they carry @ 32.00 US each, and a silicone "hot materials" glove @ 28.00 US per pair.
I'll be ordering those as a "pay back" as soon as the Mrs. signs off on the purchase order. (I'm still waiting on my allowance for another purchase)

Just sayin... It pays to look around, and see what these guys are giving away. :cool:

[Edited on 2-27-2015 by Zombie]

[Edited on 2-27-2015 by Zombie]

Zombie - 27-2-2015 at 12:31

Quote: Originally posted by Mailinmypocket  
More goodies from Corning today! :D some ultra cool (no pun intended) cryogenic vials. And 200 individually wrapped pipettes. This is fun!

I'm looking at the 50ml version of those. They would be much better than "slant tubes" for mycelium cold storage.

download.jpg - 7kB

Mailinmypocket - 27-2-2015 at 12:37

They are really neat little tubes. I think I asked for some larger ones too (actually requested about 8 different items but only got these and pipettes today, maybe they split shipments) but the small ones are great for small syntheses where all my other vials are too large for the end product.

Internet high five for sure lol

gdflp - 27-2-2015 at 12:39

Did you get an e-mail from them Mailinmypocket before they shipped?

Mailinmypocket - 27-2-2015 at 12:41

No email at all actually, or phone call for that matter... FedEx just showed up with a box from Corning and I wasnt expecting anything at all.

[Edited on 27-2-2015 by Mailinmypocket]

gdflp - 27-2-2015 at 12:51

That makes me feel better, I can now still hope that will come:D

Zombie - 28-2-2015 at 02:43

With Fisher Scientific, they send an email linking Google Earth, and an image of the shipping address you supplied them with.
The Email states " Please verify the linked address as your correct shipping address."

It was the damnedest thing I have seen

j_sum1 - 3-3-2015 at 05:01

Bloody cookies.
Read this.
Sent this.

Still, someone might find the free sample useful.

Zombie - 3-3-2015 at 05:17

What happened?

You visited the link, and got a sales email?

You have to re-set your browser settings, Java settings, and Flash settings.

NO LOCAL DATA set on your computer. NO THIRD PARTY cookies. CLEAR BROWSING DATA when you shut the browser.

j_sum1 - 3-3-2015 at 05:24

Work computer. Sometimes cookies are useful. And I do have an account with alibaba. So it is nothing sinister. I don't generally have a problem with unsolicited stuff.
I tend to trust the (considerable) security and firewall maintained by the IT guys at my work as well as their regular services and upgrades. It is their machine.

Zombie - 3-3-2015 at 15:16

Got ya!

It's still scary if a China run sales company has access to your IP on a work machine...

Ask if they need a consultant? I'd be happy to set up a corporation. I mean set up their computers.
I mean make sure the company is taken care of. I mean, hell... Set them up! :D

The Volatile Chemist - 7-3-2015 at 15:21

This is really cool, but my parents......would not be happy if a box just 'showed up on the porch', and also wouldn't be happy if I lied about owning a company. I could use my high school email, but still...

Zombie - 7-3-2015 at 15:55

The whole point in life it NOT lying.

You have perhaps 70 more years to acquire things in your life. Don't sweat the free crap. If it had any real value in life they wouldn't just give it away. ;)

The Volatile Chemist - 8-3-2015 at 12:04

The whole point in life it NOT lying.

You have perhaps 70 more years to acquire things in your life. Don't sweat the free crap. If it had any real value in life they wouldn't just give it away. ;)

I know, and in reality, I wouldn't want to lie to get it either. It's more fun to say: "This distillation rig cost me mowing lawns for two years", anyways.

Zombie - 8-3-2015 at 12:12

Aim higher...

This distillation rig cost me 1/2 hour of consulting time. :D
(and don't get MARRIED!!!!!)

The Volatile Chemist - 8-3-2015 at 12:30

Aim higher...

This distillation rig cost me 1/2 hour of consulting time. :D
(and don't get MARRIED!!!!!)

Haha, my distillation rig actually cost me only 1.5 hours mowing, aka $40. The rest of the pieces were gifts.
And Darn-nit, I wanted to get married..... :) But then again, I guess a wife gets rid of all the profits of your industrial lab...

Jylliana - 9-3-2015 at 05:19

Took the chance and ordered a Nalgene beaker.
As long as it doesn't cost me anything, I'll hamster more stuff xD

Zombie - 9-3-2015 at 09:21

Quote: Originally posted by Jylliana  
Took the chance and ordered a Nalgene beaker.
As long as it doesn't cost me anything, I'll hamster more stuff xD

It's not a "chance". It's a free offer.

I have an account w/ Fisher, and my "sales rep" contacted me (email), asking why I was interested in the Nalgene wear.

I explained that I am just starting to equip my lab, and have most of the glassware I need but I am looking into plastic ware as both a back up, and potentially as an alternative.

We discussed a few of the products that I have, and some of the things I may need.

Today the truck came... (FedX this time).
He sent 4 beakers (varied), 4 wash bottles (varied), 4 Erlenmeyer's (varied), a titration burrett, and a large bench mat.

It really pays off to approach these companies, and talk to them.

Even if you are a student, or a home hobbyist, there are programs that you will fit into for receiving free or reduced cost hardware.

To top this off, Lab Armour sent a second sample of those Lab Beads, and Dr. Bobs package(s) arrived. All within one hour of each other... It's like Xmas up in here!!! :D

battoussai114 - 9-3-2015 at 15:28

Whoa! Didn't expect anyone would ship the free stuff abroad, but Thermo Scientific did
:o

Or at least they said the would. No confirmation e-mail yet so.....

[Edited on 9-3-2015 by battoussai114]

Zombie - 9-3-2015 at 15:46

They have warehouses all over the world. I ordered a 4 station funnel stand from Burkle (Germany), and the tracking is from New Jersey.

I hope they vacuum packed the box. I don't have a need for Jersey air...:(

samaterials - 9-3-2015 at 19:18

You can also ask for free samples on this website: http://www.samaterials.com/

j_sum1 - 9-3-2015 at 19:26

Quote: Originally posted by samaterials  
You can also ask for free samples on this website: http://www.samaterials.com/
Are you a representative of this company?
What is your experience of them?

Zombie - 9-3-2015 at 20:10

Life just keeps delivering presents.

For those of you that have seen my posts on the Epoxy/Carbon Fiber project I have going...
This company is a supplier of Graphene Oxide.

I sent an email asking for info on the product, and I will keep you all filled in.

The only other thing I can think of that I NEED is a tall, red head w/ green eyes...
Since this forum appears to deliver every single thing I need, I thought I would just throw that out there... :D

Kitsune1 - 10-3-2015 at 11:46

I have requested samples from both Thermoscientific and Corning; As I'm based in the UK there may be some issues but will keep people updated. Free stuff is exciting :)

Zombie - 10-3-2015 at 13:57

Stanford Advanced Materials
72 Fairbanks Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618 US
Tel 1-949 407 8904
Email sales@samaterials.com

That's the company in the link. I am corresponding with them right now. Perhaps I will acquire a fair sized sample to experiment with... I will keep you informed.

Graphene is the material I am inquiring about.

Tall Red Head, Green Eyes, and Stacked... I forgot to put that on the list... :D

Sulaiman - 11-3-2015 at 02:10

My free sample 250 mL Nalgene beaker arrived this morning :D

p/n 1201-0250, nice moulding, no sharp edges, very smooth surface inside and outside, rated for 121C max.
Three small ridges on the outside to allow stacking without sticking together.

the material is PPCO, polypropylene co-polymer, what is the co-polymer?
The beaker is marked just PP.

chemical compatibility http://www.thermoscientific.com/content/dam/tfs/LPG/LCD/LCD%...

the graduations are in clear black print, on the outside surface
... will they rub off with use?

For free it is excellent, would I buy Nalgene labware? .... tbd.

[Edited on 11-3-2015 by Sulaiman]

Zombie - 11-3-2015 at 02:29

I realize this doesnt really answer the Co-Polymer question but it may help...

Chemical Resistance and Physical Properties:

http://www.dynalabcorp.com/files/Physical%20Properties.pdf

Jylliana - 26-3-2015 at 05:18

I got a free 250ml Nalgene beaker, woopwoop :D

Kitsune1 - 26-3-2015 at 08:36

I received four! a technical error on their behalf, I'm not complaining :) still waiting on Corning and Lab Armor though

The Volatile Chemist - 26-3-2015 at 13:41

You get from $60 to $100 for doing really well on the chemistry Olympiad, I'd say that's free enough for most of us here.

Jylliana - 5-4-2015 at 07:15

They messed something up in their system, I think. I received these on my home adress(instead of my work adress). Now I have two 250ml beakers, and a bunch of 60ml bottles made of various polymers.

Nalgene Samples.jpg - 71kB

Zombie - 5-4-2015 at 07:26

They messed something up in their system, I think. I received these on my home adress(instead of my work adress). Now I have two 250ml beakers, and a bunch of 60ml bottles made of various polymers.

How nice is that???

I heard back on my inquires from Stanford (Sanford)?
Graphene Oxide is a new material, and quality can not be assured... $40.00 a gram... couple $1,500.00 per kilo... no guarantee of compatibility for my project...
I'll learn to make it myself.

I never did request a sample as I know the process I need to use, and a sample would have simply gone to waste.

gdflp - 9-4-2015 at 11:16

Another free sample, this time it's a chemical. 99.99% 1,3-propanediol, I received a 1L free sample today from this website:D http://www.duponttateandlyle.com/susterra (Button on the right side) Currently, I only plan to synthesize malonic acid but there are other uses.

DSCN0271.JPG - 1.8MB

Zombie - 9-4-2015 at 12:17

Interesting product.

Wkki:
1,3-Propanediol can be formulated into a variety of industrial products including composites, adhesives, laminates, coatings, moldings, aliphatic polyesters, copolyesters.

DutchChemistryBox - 10-4-2015 at 04:53

I also received those bottles, I didn't order them. But I'm quite happy with it.

Praxichys - 10-4-2015 at 05:11

I got a box of bandages and a plastic beaker. Nice find. I use the beaker for the kitchen since I'd probably destroy it in the laboratory.

The Volatile Chemist - 10-4-2015 at 17:22

Another free sample, this time it's a chemical. 99.99% 1,3-propanediol, I received a 1L free sample today from this website:D http://www.duponttateandlyle.com/susterra (Button on the right side) Currently, I only plan to synthesize malonic acid but there are other uses.

That's really slick! That's worth bookmarking. As of yet, I'd love to start a business in the next ten years... for the sole purpose of getting free samples and being able to order from sigma aldrich :)

Loptr - 10-4-2015 at 17:24

Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  

That's really slick! That's worth bookmarking. As of yet, I'd love to start a business in the next ten years... for the sole purpose of getting free samples and being able to order from sigma aldrich :)

I received an email from them asking me what I will be using it for, and also what potential quantity they can expect for future purchases... Lol

The Volatile Chemist - 10-4-2015 at 19:09

Haha, you should have told them about the potential market with 'amateur citizen scientists', and offered to give them a connection (or gonegtion, if you happen to be reading 'The Great Gatsby'), for a pricce :) looks like it's a fine sample, though.

gdflp - 10-4-2015 at 19:21

Quote: Originally posted by Loptr  
Quote: Originally posted by The Volatile Chemist  

I received an email from them asking me what I will be using it for, and also what potential quantity they can expect for future purchases... Lol

Yeah, I got that same email, it took them two weeks to send it to me though. I told them that I was using it as a chemical precursor and I was unsure of the potential volume needed and time frame, all of which is true, and they sent me the sample.

The Volatile Chemist, I ordered it straight to a residential address, you don't need a business or commercial address to get this particular sample(You have to make up a business name though).

[Edited on 4-11-2015 by gdflp]

battoussai114 - 24-5-2015 at 05:20

While it doesn't seem to be the thing for most here Maxim Semiconductors have a pretty cool free sample policy, sure you need either a company or an academic email address, but I tried asking for a few samples of their USB to SPI bridge for a prototype using my student email from the university and they actually shipped the samples within one week of my request. And considering how hard it is to get some ICs I think it's worth leaving their page bookmarked.

[Edited on 24-5-2015 by battoussai114]

Mailinmypocket - 20-6-2015 at 15:08

Today I received a sample of the "Zemea, USP" 1,3 Propanediol from the earlier mentioned source. Before sending a sample an agent from the Canadian distributor called me to discuss the intended use of the product and was happy to send a sample.
image.jpg - 1.1MB

jock88 - 22-6-2015 at 02:59

Well almost free.

http://bbc.com-iphone.eu/IE/LP44722_561944/indexp.html?voluu...

gatosgr - 22-6-2015 at 05:11

^^^^^troll post^^^^^

Zombie - 22-6-2015 at 12:48

Or send me 5 quid, and I swear I will send you nothing in return. Let's see who gets more money. The liars or the guy that tells the truth.
Just in case...
Zombie
123 Main drive
Anytown USA 12345

(food stamps happily accepted)

violet sin - 18-7-2015 at 01:21

got my Susterra and Zemea samples the other day. 2.2lbs each :) Haven't had a chance to play yet, but it's here. Yes, I actually have an intended use, not just a shelf decoration/for the hell of it.

but I have been away working for the last 2 weeks, finally home = internet, lab, etc. time to read up.

"Bitrex" taste test kit of denatonium

Mailinmypocket - 21-7-2015 at 06:50

http://www.bitrex.com/public/get-involved/bitrex-taste-test/...

mr.crow - 22-7-2015 at 15:09

You can get 2L of 1,3-propanediol for free? What do you have to tell them? I don't think "shits and giggles" would work. I don't want to lie or make something up.

Zephyr - 22-7-2015 at 15:56

Say you intend to use it for research into organic analogues and that this is the first place you have seen it for sale.
At least that's what I said, and they sent it to me.
You don't have to lie, more just leave out that you aren't a large research institution.

Tdep - 13-8-2015 at 07:03

Came across this on Twitter, "free for the taker" IR spectrometer as well as various glassware 'used to study kinetics in the gas phase'.
I couldn't use it but thought someone here might be interested.
https://mobile.twitter.com/heydebigale/media/grid?idx=4&... (sorry for mobile link)

[Edited on 13-8-2015 by Tdep]

image.jpg - 405kB

[Edited on 13-8-2015 by Tdep]

battoussai114 - 13-8-2015 at 13:25

Maaaan, I'd really like those optics and that detector... To bad I haven't got money for paying the shipping at the moment.

mr.crow - 26-8-2015 at 19:31

I still haven't heard back for the propanediol. Its been almost 2 weeks. How long does it usually take?

gdflp - 27-8-2015 at 11:15

It took about three weeks for me to get the e-mail, then about another one and a half weeks for the product to arrive. It varies though, a friend told me he received an e-mail the next day.

chemrox - 27-8-2015 at 13:46

I figure if I have to lie to get it, I probably shouldn't Unlike being married. I ALWAYS lied to get it!

where would you have to lie? I agree by the way although I've been known to create a high school to get better software prices. Software should be free.

aga - 27-8-2015 at 14:16

Software written by You should always be free.

If i have to spend a lot of effort, time and brain to create a Software that can benefit You, expect to pay something for it on an ongoing basis.

To be fair, i got used to the Human Greed thing years ago, and only make software that can make the Buyer money (they buy because it makes them more money) yet it always makes Me money no matter whether they make money or none at all.

InstantKarmaSoftware.com

Amazingly that was an available domain name, so i registered it just now.

The Volatile Chemist - 30-8-2015 at 13:53

Awesome! How much are you paying for it? :) Good luck in selling it :P

aga - 30-8-2015 at 13:54

$50 and it's yours.

The Volatile Chemist - 30-8-2015 at 14:15

Haha, I don't want that domain. I'll take ptll.com for $50, if you could swing stealing it from the people who are trying to sell it for 18 grand :/ :)