Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Cherry Red Mercury

kunming - 29-8-2015 at 03:04

Dear All,

i would like to shipping by a cargo a natural cherry red mercury one gram .

did i will have a problem on scanner machine at airport ? because at the cargo company when they put on a scanner machine that is showing a green light its meaning is OK , but when put it on electronic kg weight machine to check the weight, the numbers is going and coming In the display screen.

i get some confusion

Looking for insulation material inside the case .

pls, who can advise me ?

thanks

best regard

anna

ave369 - 29-8-2015 at 04:53

Red mercury is a hoax. It was invented by the Soviet KGB to fool people like you.

violet sin - 29-8-2015 at 06:44

hmmm,... Mercury + airport + safety assessment equipment + "insulation" material = probably a bad idea to help you.

are you legally able to ship this material in and out of your country by air mail like this?

because aiding someone to side-step the law, is often the same as helping to commit a crime. besides just the legal problems, the rules are there to protect people. improper shipping could hurt someone.

1 gram seems like an mighty small amount to set off a scale. if you clarify how it is currently packaged, and what the rules about this kind of package are, some one might help.

Corrosive Joeseph - 29-8-2015 at 06:53

l always thought mercury is banned from airfreight because of the Al amalgam.

Bot0nist - 29-8-2015 at 08:56

Is OP talking about murcuric iodide, oxide or some mix with dyes?, or lithium-6 ( ;) ) Is this a victim of a 1980s esk nuclear proliferation sting operation? I'm confused, and or amused.

S.C. Wack - 29-8-2015 at 10:25

Quote: Originally posted by Bot0nist  
Is OP talking about murcuric iodide, oxide or some mix with dyes?, or lithium-6

Dimercury diantimony (V) oxide.

unionised - 30-8-2015 at 04:19

Well, this "natural cherry red mercury" might be the red mercury hoax, or it might be vermilion.
It hardly matters; circumventing airport security is a bad thing.