Sciencemadness Discussion Board

WTF how to synthesize this?

guy - 8-9-2006 at 16:32

12AX7 - 8-9-2006 at 16:46

Yeah, you'd like to synthesize that, wouldn't ya.

Well I suppose girls aren't easy to find in the O-chem lab...fair enough...

...But honestly, no idea. I'd say it starts with a pyridine ruthenium complex, and cyclodextrin, however you would make that (as a result of polymerization perhaps, with some sort of cyclating catalyst, if that's even a word?)

Tim

The_Davster - 8-9-2006 at 17:53

I know I have seen this somehwere before, no idea where though. I checked journal of unpublished chemistry with no avail.
Anyway, the link to the PDF in your screencapture should tell you the synthesis.;) The link is coloured so I assume you have already seen it.:P

Author search reveals all:P

[Edited on 9-9-2006 by rogue chemist]

Attachment: inorg sex.pdf (173kB)
This file has been downloaded 790 times

YT2095 - 9-9-2006 at 09:21

look up Pheromones and synth that, you`ll not be too bothered with that particular one afterwards :)

to clarify, you`ll need Specificaly Human Male type (wouldn`t like to see you being chased by a swarm of Bees on MY account :))

Endo - 9-9-2006 at 10:53

Maybe some beer and the back of your parent's station wagon?

If things still aren't working you could always try the back seat of a nice car at the drive in movie, often high temperatures help with the kinetics of an intramolecuar reaction so maybe a blanket would help as well.

Sauron - 23-12-2006 at 06:52

Or make some PT-141 instead.

nightflight - 24-12-2006 at 02:43

the cyclos can be purchased easily and should react with the substance by mixing it, for the other substance, ways should be found.:D

jon - 10-1-2007 at 00:04

why that looks like dihydropenisol being mixed with a-hydroxy-vaginol