Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Unwanted chemicals free

sludger - 7-10-2017 at 02:48

Hi

I am new to Sciencemadness so if this is the wrong place to post this please just say so.

I have a small collection of mostly fairly innocuous inorganic chemicals like copper sulphate and nickel chloride and also some vanadium pentoxide and a bottle of DMSO to get rid of. I don't want to pour them down the drain or bury them.

Details available if you're interested. Anyone want them? Recipient arranges transport! I'm in the UK (Somerset).

[Edited on 7-10-2017 by sludger]

Sulaiman - 7-10-2017 at 03:28

I'd pay postage https://www.myhermes.co.uk/

EDIT: I have been informed that https://uk.interparcel.com/ would be a better choice, esp. regarding breakages.

Whichever, I'd pay p&p, even though I have copper sulphate (who here does not ?) and dmso already.

[Edited on 7-10-2017 by Sulaiman]

sludger - 7-10-2017 at 08:42

Someone's just beaten you to it, Sulaiman, but if they lose interest I'll get back to you by U2U. Thanks for answering.

Mush - 17-1-2018 at 10:39

How strict hermes (UK) is regarding to chems? Has anyone's parcel been destroyed ever?

[Edited on 17-1-2018 by Mush]

NEMO-Chemistry - 17-1-2018 at 11:15

Quote: Originally posted by Mush  
How strict hermes (UK) is regarding to chems? Has anyone's parcel been destroyed ever?

Yes mine has.

Post office or parcel force = heap big trouble, you got to declare the items contents and telling porkies is an offense.

My Herpes dosnt give a shite and most the drivers managed to destroy all the packages, so they wouldnt have a clue which it actually came from.

The rest seem fine, but to be fair all other couriers use the same sub contractor where I live, they are a registered courier anyway.

Bottom line you would be insane to use the post office, Argos click and collect is better option.

Mush - 17-1-2018 at 12:37

Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry  
Quote: Originally posted by Mush  

Yes mine has.

Post office or parcel force = heap big trouble, you got to declare the items contents and telling porkies is an offense.

My Herpes dosnt give a shite and most the drivers managed to destroy all the packages, so they wouldnt have a clue which it actually came from.

The rest seem fine, but to be fair all other couriers use the same sub contractor where I live, they are a registered courier anyway.

Bottom line you would be insane to use the post office, Argos click and collect is better option.

Thank you!;)

MrHomeScientist - 17-1-2018 at 13:20

My Herpes dosnt give a shite

TMI!

NEMO-Chemistry - 18-1-2018 at 13:48

Quote: Originally posted by MrHomeScientist  
My Herpes dosnt give a shite

TMI!

Normally called HERMES, but use them a few times, and you see why the name change ;). Soon as they come up the drive, i know i been screwed and its gonna hurt, i also know its going to take forever to sort out. And finally you know one day they gonna be back!!