Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Wanted: 14/23 female to 24/29 male adapter

Sulaiman - 24-9-2018 at 13:06

To use my 14/23 thermometer with my 24/29 glassware I want a short adapter that looks similar to this

adapter.jpg - 112kB

Ideally I would like 14/23 to 24/29,
but any female ST/NS 14 to male ST/NS 29 would do,
if short like in the photograph.

Can anyone sell, swap, or point to, one ?

macckone - 24-9-2018 at 14:50

What part of the world?
In the US:
They have 14/20 - 24/40 since that is the US 'standard'

But guessing you aren't in the US since you are using the International 'standard'.

j_sum1 - 24-9-2018 at 14:57

Sulaiman is in the UK.

Gru - 24-9-2018 at 15:39

Thanks but ...

Sulaiman - 24-9-2018 at 22:47

Thank you for responding,
but the adapters pointed to are too long,
the thermometer bulb would be inside the adapter.

I guess the shape that I wanted is only available in plain glass for smoking paraphernalia.

I'll have to make a plan-B :P

DJF90 - 24-9-2018 at 23:20

I sent you a U2U and an email Sulaiman

wg48 - 25-9-2018 at 00:15

If you fail to source a glass one you could fabricate a PTFE sleeve from a bar of PTFE, if you have access to a lathe. Of cause that would limit the max use temperature to about 200C.

What would I do without SM and its members ?

Sulaiman - 25-9-2018 at 00:33

Thanks for the replies,

DJF90 has kindly offered a different but suitable adapter.

Problem Solved.