Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: UK supplier, which thread was it mentioned in?
Boffis
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

mad.gif posted on 8-12-2018 at 09:49
UK supplier, which thread was it mentioned in?

Hi, within about the last 3 months or so there was a thread in which an SM member (I can't remember who) was asking about suppliers of, I beleive, a specific chemical in the UK. I can't remember the chemical but I do remember that a UK supplier was mentioned though I can't remember the name of the supplier either. I visited the supplier's web site at the time and it was clear they they are primarily suppliers of high purity solvent though they don't have an online catalogue, just a list of products.

Can anyone remember the thread in which it was mentioned or possibly the suppliers name? I have search using the search engine but without a little bit more info I get either no hits or virtually every post from the last 6 months. I have crawled through the last six months of post but to no avail, I can't even remember the title of the thread or subjectof the thread and it may have been mentioned only in passing in a thread about something else.

Thanks for any help! Frustrated Boffis
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 09:53

I posted this, the supplier in question is Rathburn Chemicals.

I have a price list I can send you if you like, but I assume the company doesn't want me to post this online (or they would list prices on their own site). Anyway, the prices are generally pretty good.

Edit: Oh, and the original thread was about phosphorus triiodide. Sulaiman asked for a supplier of carbon disulphide.

[Edited on 8-12-2018 by DavidJR]
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 10:00

Have you tried googling this
uk chemical supplier site:sciencemadness.org
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 10:49

The SM search function is poor, to be polite.
I search SM via Google so much that when I type "si" an SM search is suggested.

I registered with Rathburn Chemicals - simple and straightforward.
I doubt that I would have any problem ordering anything other than obvious exclusions.
the prices are the best that I've seen
but
due to shipping costs you I would order one pallette full
(all the solvents that I may need for a long time, in one purchase),
- which I can't afford at the moment.

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
Boffis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-12-2018 at 12:33

Many thanks DavidJR and Sulaiman. Actually, the problem isn't the search engine as much as I couldn't remember enough of the subject to formulate a reasonable search. After all what is the relationship between PI3 and a solvent supplier in the UK!! I actually though that either pyridine or carbon disulphide were the solvents required but this is not in itself enough. I was searching for these in the title of the thread along with words like "where" as in where can I obtain ****** etc.

Anyway all well that ends well. Actually this is exactly the reason why when I hear the phrase "artificial intelligence" I always smile to myself.... dream on

AI + MS = crash

Go To Top