Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Primaries to be used for dets.
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 19:24
Primaries to be used for dets.

With AP and other peroxides taking most of the credit for being used to make detonators, I was wondering what other options there are out there.
Are there any easy to make(readily avaiable materials and easy synthesis)primaries that you know of?(besides peroxides)

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
JDP
Harmless

Mood: |:booM

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 20:51
Two words: Double Salt

Make double salts (Ag2C2:AgNO3 complex). you can get an acetyline gas tank for a resonable price and you can get pure silver at a coin shop for about $6.00 an ounce. the best synthises I have seen out there is BRaINFeVEr's synth. Another nice thing about double salts is you only need a tiny bit with a booster(I use MHN) for your caps.

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by JDP]

~JDP
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 19-1-2004 at 19:03

I now am testing Lead Styphnate and am very satisfied with it. Its VOD is 17,000feet per second and has very good brisance from what I have seen. I have tried simepl dets with it like pouring some rifle primers into a rifle bullet case, fusing it, and igniging. That simple. The det described above was very succesful in blowing a 1"hole through a half inch playwood. Gun primers are about 97% LS and cost $20 for 1000 primers. One det requires about 25 primers to equal #8 commercial det I believe so $20 gets you quite a bit of dets. Say goodbye to AP. LS is VERY stable and non-reactive to metals yet still is sensitive to friction and flame. From what I can see, the perfect primary.

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"

Go To Top