Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New project ideas
Sidla
Harmless

shocked.gif posted on 15-8-2019 at 14:25
New project ideas

Recently me and my friends discovered a large supply of chemicals there is almost everything starting from simple things and going as far as sodium, 16l of picric acid, concentrated nitric acid, hydrazine and more.

Can anyone suggest any project ideas?
:)
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-8-2019 at 14:41

Quote: Originally posted by Sidla  
Recently me and my friends discovered a large supply of chemicals there is almost everything starting from simple things and going as far as sodium, 16l of picric acid, concentrated nitric acid, hydrazine and more.

If you've got Hydrazine monohydrate then make Nickel Hydrazine Nitrate(NHN)
Here is the how-to video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPxdDSUGxo4
twelti
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-8-2019 at 20:59

You could make some nitrocellulose. Watch out for the hydrazine.
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-8-2019 at 23:52

Conc nitric acid? really conc? Nitramines, of course, RDX, HMX. No NC- it would be only wasting useful chems. Picric acid- use it as it is or make kalium picrate- it explodes, been ignited in confinement, or make ammonium picrate. It can be mixed with AN and Al. 0.5-1 gr of lead picrate + 2 gr of pressed picric acid enough for blasting cup.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 16-8-2019 at 01:27

Concentrated nitric generally means 60-70% while 95-100 % nitric is usually called fuming nitric acid. There are unfortunately inconsistencies in the use of the terms, which is why it is best to name the actual concentration.

Hydrazine is super useful. Not only in preparing primaries, but also for synthesizing heterocycles such as triazoles and also for aminating guanidine (mono-, di- and triaminoguanidine and their salts). From aminoguanidine you can make ANP (aminoguanidine nickel perchlorate). You can also prepare nitroguanidine and then aminate with hydrazine to get aminonitroguanidine and then prepare the nitrate salt (D 9800 m/s). The possibilities are endless, however, as pointed out above, you do need to be aware of the toxicity and (probable) carcinogenicity of hydrazine.
Sidla
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-8-2019 at 07:16

i will still destil it to get higher concentration
twelti
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-8-2019 at 07:27

Yes, I assumed he meant 70% NA, so no RDX. I also assumed he doesnt have much experience, so I was theinking of something easy/non-toxic.
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-8-2019 at 14:45

if you have 70% NA, make nitrourea (via urea nitrate), hexamine dinitrate and styphnic acid. Some nitrate + H2SO4 is better for nitration.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
Hunterman2244
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-8-2019 at 05:32

How did you stumble across that?
Pyro_cat
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-8-2019 at 20:46

Whistle mix is a general term to refer to any pyrotechnic composition that emits a whistling sound when pressed into a tube and ignited.

"These mixtures however, are less sensitive than the formerly used ones, which often contained mixtures with picric acid and potassium picrate."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistle_mix

For a long time I thought a whistling rocket made that sound cause of a special nozzle shape but no its oscillating burning apparently.

Go To Top