Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New members on SM
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 25-8-2019 at 18:17
New members on SM

There appear to be a lot of newly signed up members to SM over the past couple of weeks. A lot of good activity and some really productive and informative discussions.
Read this thread as a welcome to the boards -- I like to give a welcome to newbies but just have not been active enough recently.

I will add, there is a wealth of wonderful information and experience here. Do take the time to search and to familiarise yourself with the culture of the board. I think you will find it is an amazing place -- quite different from anything else I have come across on the web. The quirky old-school bullitin board format is a whole lot different from what passes for social media these days and it suits us rather well.

I am aware of at least one situation where a new account has been afflicted by overzealous spam mitigation and deleted. If this has happened to you, then my apologies. Please stick around and contribute and don't take it personally.

J.
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-8-2019 at 08:39

Why not also pin/top this?

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 26-8-2019 at 13:54

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
Why not also pin/top this?

• Because a stale welcome or form letter is not a welcome.
  • Because the current influx of new members is not something that has happened for a while.
  • Because in the 24 hours this thread has been around, it got only one reply.

Go To Top