Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Airport Chemical Screening
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 29-10-2020 at 08:24

Side note, handling processed meats will cause a false positive on the test strips.
Friend works at TSA and they got a memo.
Problems with the subway workers at the airport returning from break.
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-10-2020 at 09:41

They contain 0.2% or similar of nitrite, hence. Rubbing processed meat onto your hands for 8 hours a day, no surprise.
roXefeller
Hazard to Others

Mood: 220 221 whatever it takes

[*] posted on 25-12-2020 at 14:45
Only once

I popped positive once from working in an area with long historic use of artillery testing. The soil just has a heavy load of ballistic propellant, PETN in that case. The TSA worker knew right away the cause. I agree 100% to play dumb. If you aren't carrying, they won't have any cause for extra trouble.

Never had any other positive. One anecdote: I flew once within 48 hours of producing and shooting some RDX. They swabbed because I was declaring a firearm (which they will do 100% of the time). Nothing came up on the test. Maybe nitrate esters are more volatile for the scanners while nitramines not (which is why taggants are required to increase volatiles for detection). I suspect this is also the reason non-nitrogen species (like chlorates and perchlorates) aren't detected. This really leaves little care for the BS of airport security. Security theatre to make the plebs feel better. They still fail to catch actual threats.

One must forego the self to attain total spiritual creaminess and avoid the chewy chunks of degradation.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top