Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: HELP! EU/DE/FR: Impending infrastructural apocalypse and possibility of civil war
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 27-8-2022 at 10:04

From what I have read it is Russia that's holding back:
https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russias-gazprom-decl...

But either way I say good riddance. I'll rather freeze than fund Russia's war effort with a single cent. Because this won't end until Russia is defeated. Russia might be the largest country in Europe, but EU outnumber them 3 to 1. And economically it's better than 10 to 1 (they are barely larger than Spain).

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.
Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

[*] posted on 27-8-2022 at 13:02

I rather live another day to fight back, than freeze and starve to death.
Fulmen
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-8-2022 at 13:37

I'll admit I'm somewhat privileged, we have a heat pump, subsidized power, 2m^3 of wood and an oil furnace. And I'm not really eligible for military service. So it's easy to volunteer for a fight you don't have to fight yourself. But I'd rather face problems head on than hoping it will sort itself out. And this level of aggression has no limits, if there's one thing history has taught us it's that simple fact.

If there is one virtue to hard times it's that it teaches us what is really important. So fuck the environment, the only order of business is to survive. Always has been, always will be. Short terms first, long terms last. And this won't change anything. Russia was burning more gas than anybody long before this, this isn't the battle that determines the fate of the planet. But if this forces Germany into reversing it's view on nuclear power it will be a huge win for the climate.

Has anybody calculated the CO2 footprint of war? And not just the insane energy used in the weapons and machines, think of all the destroyed infrastructure that has to be replaced...

Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

[*] posted on 27-8-2022 at 14:30

I didn't mean acutal fight on battlefield, I meant that if we cripple ourselves by stop buying Russian gas without replacement, how can we face them? With destroyed economy and divided society we are pretty easy target. But if we firstly find a new source of gas (in the same quantity), and then we stop buying Russian gas, we remain strong. Yeah, we will some time fund their war, but it's better than commiting suicide. As you said - its all about survival.
Twospoons
International Hazard

Mood: A trace of hope...

[*] posted on 28-8-2022 at 12:12

Quote: Originally posted by Bedlasky  
I rather live another day to fight back, than freeze and starve to death.

Not buying Russian gas is fighting back.

Helicopter: "helico" -> spiral, "pter" -> with wings
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 5-9-2022 at 10:22
Putin

Putin has cutoff gas going into Europe. His goal is to force these consumer
nations to lift the sanctions that were put in place after his invasion of Ukraine.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Fulmen
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-9-2022 at 10:49

It's as simple as that. He's pushing, and we're trying to push back. And I think we should.

Russia might be the biggest country in Europe, but economically they are comparable to Spain. We can starve them out, I wouldn't be surprised if this breaks the Russian Federation in the long run.

Hexabromobenzene
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 6-3-2023 at 12:14

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
Quote: Originally posted by Hexabromobenzene  
What do you mean by very high standard of living?I do not understand this

When you live in the EU and can't see the average standard of living is very high you are blind. You should go visit the world a bit, or read about how more than half the world population lives.

I dont live in EU. EU citizenship is privilege for many people. But it seems to me from the outside sometimes life in the EU is a bit boring with a bunch of rules. On the other hand, even life in the prison of the European Union is a dream for many.
blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-3-2023 at 10:29

I dont live in EU. EU citizenship is privilege for many people. But it seems to me from the outside sometimes life in the EU is a bit boring with a bunch of rules. On the other hand, even life in the prison of the European Union is a dream for many.

Show me a place without rules, please?

As regards 'even life in the prison of the European Union [...]', I think it's official: you're legally blind. Go get your badge... :o

Hexabromobenzene
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 00:18

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  

Show me a place without rules, please?

As regards 'even life in the prison of the European Union [...]', I think it's official: you're legally blind. Go get your badge... :o

Balkans, former USSR, Latin America,India,Central Asia, Africa. There are no such strict rules of life as in the EU. Regarding the European prison, for many, such a standard of life is a dream. People in many countries earn insignificant money and they can hardly have enough for food. And there they feed for free and do not die on the street from the cold
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 01:20

Everyone mind their manners. Remember this a chemistry, not political/cultural forum.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Σldritch
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 04:32

I think this captures the problem with the EU. An outsider looking in thinks: they really know how to drive their slaves/plunder there, I want to take part in the fruits of their labor/the spoils, too!

Everyone dreaming of an oligarchy always imagines themselves being one of the oligarchs, not one of their slaves. The EUSSR is not that great if you're honest. It is no coincidence the birth rate is so low. The people are literally being worked to death. And that only scratches the surface of the crimes committed by its rulers.

Anyway what I wanted to say was: there is reason to believe a USA-China conflict is coming. This means the EUSSR will impose sanctions on China further hurting themselves willingly for the moneymakers who need a world war (or other catastrophe) as an excuse to default. Need I say more?
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 04:39

Balkans, former USSR, Latin America,India,Central Asia, Africa. There are no such strict rules of life as in the EU. Regarding the European prison, for many, such a standard of life is a dream. People in many countries earn insignificant money and they can hardly have enough for food. And there they feed for free and do not die on the street from the cold

'former USSR': did you mean the Russian Federation? Where people are imprisoned for having an opinion? Assasinated, in some cases? A country ruled by an autocrat? Where gays risk imprisonement and worse? Etc etc...

That Russia?

You Sir, are an annoying political ignoramus.

You've only just landed here and you're already breaking an important rule: no politics!

Now why don't you skiddadle off and go do some SCIENCE and report on that here, huh?

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 07:05

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  
You Sir, are an annoying political ignoramus.

You've only just landed here and you're already breaking an important rule: no politics!

Now why don't you skiddadle off and go do some SCIENCE and report on that here, huh?
blogfast, you’re hardly helping the situation by using inflammatory language and ad hominem. More of this and you can expect a week posting ban.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 08:06

I haven't gotten to lock a thread yet, either. Tempt me......

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Hexabromobenzene
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 08:19

The topic is initially politicized. But I expressed my thoughts in accordance with amateur chemistry. For example, for storing sulfuric acid in the EU you may have problems if someone finds out.

In countries that I wrote there is one feature. People living in them are absolutely all the same on you. These are the features of the culture and the passage of these states.
This gives a parish in your hobby. Less extra attention. However, the standard of living there is very low and people run from there. However, if you have money, you can live there well. The choice is yours

Regarding Russia, until 2015 it was a relatively good place for life. Since 2015, toughening of laws and the fall of people's salaries began. Allowing greedy idiots to the authorities is sometimes very dangerous

[Edited on 8-3-2023 by Hexabromobenzene]

[Edited on 8-3-2023 by Hexabromobenzene]
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 08:35

OK--closed

arkoma
Redneck Overlord
Thread Closed
8-3-2023 at 08:35
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top