Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Temperature outside of airplane
Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

biggrin.gif posted on 6-3-2023 at 18:30
Temperature outside of airplane

I recently found this awesome science based stand-up comedy, it's realy funny :D. Enjoy :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C91gKuxutTU
Metallophile
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-3-2023 at 07:06

I liked it. :) I must also admit that my inner pedant cringes every time I hear or read "5 times less than" or something similar. And I never realized until now that Steve Mould was British, since I've always watched his videos using closed captions and with the sound off. I was tipped off when he said "maths", and then I turned the sound on. :)
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 7-3-2023 at 12:40

I have seen this video before. But it was worth another watch.
Matt Parker is one I watch regularly but I do pick up a bit of Steve Mould along the way.

I have to admit to the same cringe when I hear "six times less than" etc. The only place it makes any real sense is in video speed: ×40 could be used for slowing a video down or speeding it up. There does not seem to be a convention here that is consistently used and ambiguity does creep in – which is pretty readily resolved by watching the video, but still annoying.

Not sure why this appeared in FM. I will move it.

j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Moved
7-3-2023 at 12:41
Bedlasky
International Hazard

Mood: Volatile

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 12:07

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  

Matt Parker is one I watch regularly but I do pick up a bit of Steve Mould along the way.

I found Steve's chanel by coincidence when youtube algorithm offered me his video "A better description of entropy". I was curious, because I honestly never understand entropy, that deffiniton using disorder seemed to me like a total nonsense, because evrything in nature tends to be organized. His video helped me to understand entropy and I looked on more of his videos, they are really good, I definitely learned something new from him.

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  
Not sure why this appeared in FM. I will move it.

Oh, sorry, I was unsure where to put this thread.

Go To Top