Author: Subject: Infighting
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 27-1-2003 at 14:11
Infighting

Megalomania:
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago I learned of a plot by the traitor, eliteforum, to send fake emails bearing my email address to new members asking them to reveal their username and password. He was trying to take advantage of the move by saying members files had been lost and the only way to restore them was by emailing password details to a "special" email, his.

Thus marks the last act of stupidity perpetuated by the impotent script kiddy, and good riddance. I bend over backwards to allow someone to remain at my forum and this is how I am to be repaid. I grant mercy and am granted treachery in return.

From now on all emails I send to the members will bear a PGP signature and will be mirrored here. If anyone has fallen for this little scheme, please email me right away at megalomania@scientificmind.com

Perhaps a mere banning is not enough, but he deserves no more than any other common kewl, for that is all he is. Let his name be forgotten henceforth. The court of public opinion is now open for recriminations.

chemwarrior/Raistlin:
Quote:
About time, he was beginning to become a major irritation. Also, Ctrl_C, remove his FTP permissions ASAP because all he is doing is taking the files to make his ftp for MSDB, and normally, I wouldnt make a comment about it, but he banned me from it because I made the offer to Machievile (Im really sorry if I misspelled your name...) that I would get him a file that he was looking for off Elites FTP.

All I really have to say is-

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

I have no idea if Megalomania is correct in his belief that Eliteforum was going to try to get E&W members' passwords. Personally I have a hard time understanding how he could discover such a plot before it was executed - maybe it was already executed? I'd like Eliteforum to explain here, if he pleaes, because I'm sure he won't get a chance on E&W. I am not going to question the official line on E&W itself because I am sure that my questions would only irritate mods and not change the situation even if there had been a mistake.

Raistlin --

I was going to talk to you privately about this outrageous behavior, but you've chosen to very openly kick Eliteforum while he's down. So I hit back openly. Eliteforum has not merely been a leech on Ctrl_C's FTP site. I know because I was browsing files there recently and there were a number of programs and manuals labeled "uploaded by Eliteforum." Further, he's actually conserving Ctrl_C's bandwidth by downloading files and then redistributing them on his own FTP site. And you weren't previously banned from Eliteforum's FTP site for offering to provide a file to Machiavelli. You were banned for trying to suck up to the E&W mods by verbally stabbing him in the back. You've done it again today. "Oh Megalomania, you are so handsome and wise: the scum Eliteforum must disappear! May I clean your boots with my nimble pink tongue?"

Eliteforum even went out of his way recently to try to help you obtain a registration key for Bulletproof FTP. Do you see the incongruity?

Maybe Eliteforum really was planning to steal accounts from the E&W Forum; maybe it is just a misunderstanding or a pretext for his removal. I don't know. I do know that your ass-kissing and flexible loyalties are pretty repulsive. Am I the next in line for a good backstabbing? Are you going to claim that I'm a parasitical malcontent if it looks like that will score brownie points with E&W mods?

I'm not going to ban you. I don't even really dislike you. But your behavior is extremely disturbing, and after these incidents I am going to have a hard time trusting you.
Rhadon
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-1-2003 at 14:48

I was just posting a reply to the thread in the E&W forum when I saw the topic here. Polverone said everything that had to be said, but yet I have to explicitly say that your behaviour, raistlin, is worse than I could ever have imagined. EliteForum even tried to help you with the FTP, and now that. I don't know what kind of character you have. Think about it.
Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 27-1-2003 at 17:31

Whoa, where to begin..?

Anyone with two brain cell's can read about SMTP SEND commands. All you need is an open SMTP server. (You could even use aol.smtp.com.)

Right now to start off with. I was talking to EventHorizon and Energy84 about this subject of SMTP SEND commands.

And I mentioned that you could imitate any email address. You could imitate Skully@fbi.org if you so wish it.

Admittedly I sent an email to Nothin' But Kewl's email account (nbk2k@yahoo.com) saying: "Hi, Guess who!" or words to that effect - from an imitated mega email address.

Polverone, and to whomever may be reading this, I had no intention of gaining (small minded E&W forum members read as "steal") member's account passwords and what have you.

Admittedly I was RTC of the E&W forum.

Hmm, seem's I've been banned for the same thing twice, Funnily both event's have no evidence!

Yet if someone ask's for the evidence they either get told to shut up and get told it's been "dealt with" or their post quickly get's edited/deleted. :rolleyes:

Chemwarrior - All I can say is a big fat Fuck You Prick!

You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you sunshine. :rolleyes:

Whatever you may think of I, unless you've the fact's/proof to back up your claim, preach to someone as gullable as the small minded fools at E&W.

All that glitters isn't gold.
raistlin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-1-2003 at 18:42

Just to inform everyone, Ive had problems with someone getting onto my account on the E&W, and no, I DID NOT post that. I plan to, latter on when I have a chance, remove the post. As for you Elite, I have nothing personaly against you, though you did ban me from your FTP little more than insubstantial reasons. Im sorry if anyone seems to think I was the writer, but Polverone, Elite, Madsci, I will say it again- I did not make that post, considering I havent yet been on the E&W today...

\"To ignite, or not to ignite, that is the question.\"
Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 27-1-2003 at 19:02

raistlin, I think everyone here is now going to take what you say, with a mighty big pinch of salt.

It'll be more of a case of *cough* *cough* *wink* *wink*

;)

All that glitters isn't gold.
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 28-1-2003 at 13:39

Apparently, the "intruder" on your PC knew about your misunderstanding with Eliteforum, Raistlin.

To be short, I DON'T BELIEVE A FUCKING WORD OF IT.

Secondly, please explain the previous backstabbing then? Or was your account already hacked back then? Took you quite a long time to figure it out then.:mad:

If anybody is suffering from multiple personality disorder, it's you...

I am not going to comment on the fact that eliteforum has been banned on E&W, becaus it is his word against that of the mods. Although if you have been banned 2 times without evidence, why would they do that?
The mods can be harsh, but simply picking someone and saying that's who we are going to ban today seems unlikely to me.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
raistlin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-1-2003 at 14:46

Well, considering I leave my computer on 24/7, and up until very recently I had no 'protection' on my computer, it would not have been hard for a friend of mine, who quite well knows that me and Elite do not get along, to slip onto my computer while he was over, and make the post. As for the other time, I meant what I said, but I did apologize because I had not realized it was as rude as it appeared.

\"To ignite, or not to ignite, that is the question.\"

Go To Top