Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: π–π stacking on benzenes with transition metals
Nagelfar
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-5-2016 at 09:34
π–π stacking on benzenes with transition metals

I posted the following on a site which I have been a member of since 2007 @ bluelight.ru, neuroscience & pharmacology and this website was mentioned as a place to ask "for something so technical", and it was:

"Anybody know of a website that elucidates some of the potential transition metal pi-stacking complexes for benzenes?

Ever since reading how the sandwich-stacked chromium-tricarbonyl (eta6-coordination moiety substitution) of troparil doubled its binding strength, I have been wondering if it really isn't just an issue of asymmetrical volume of the otherwise planar arene/aryl. It'd be interesting to see what T-shaped or parrallel-displaced pi-stacked C3 modifications do to considerations of binding @ the DAT.

My other question is whether the pentamethyl interferes with the H5 of the C6H5 remaining places on the phenyl, whether the tricarbonyl stick out the same way to likewise interfere, and if so, if there aren't at least 2 free spaces then on the phenyl with the tri-substituion-stacked versus the penta-substitution-stacked.

Any good resources in this vein at all would be greatly appreciated."

[Edited on 15-5-2016 by Nagelfar]

[Edited on 15-5-2016 by Nagelfar]
DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 15-5-2016 at 10:31

I've made and worked with substituted versions of (eta6-C6H6)Cr(CO)3, and I'm not sure what you're asking. To which binding strength are you referring?

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
Nagelfar
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-5-2016 at 16:33

Quote: Originally posted by DraconicAcid  
I've made and worked with substituted versions of (eta6-C6H6)Cr(CO)3, and I'm not sure what you're asking. To which binding strength are you referring?

My apologies, I pretty much quoted that verbatim from another forum and some was lost in translation; it had to do with binding values @ monoamine transporters for phenyltropane compounds and what additional substitutions (e.g. aryl para/meta/ortho etc.) could be added in tandem:

(lol, random screen-capture image name was generated as "Ttwiek.jpg")

[I]cf.[/I] [B]21b[/B]:

[Edited on 18-5-2016 by Nagelfar]
Nagelfar
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-5-2016 at 15:42

I'm mostly curious as to what other stacked types could be added to the phenyl in such a kind of structure.

Go To Top