Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: what happemned to this ebay seller?
Db33
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 15:33
what happemned to this ebay seller?

dwsurman

he was selling a lot of items and had thousands of good reviews... all of a sudden i tried making an order a few days ago and it wouldnt go threw, now on the chem i was trying to buy it says This seller is currently away until Dec 31, 2017, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later.

Why on earth would someone go away for nearly a year?
NedsHead
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 17:24

Maybe he bought a yacht with the profit he made and is sailing the open seas, maybe he's building a house and has taken on the roll of project manager until its completion in a year from now, maybe he took on a one year work contract, or maybe he's doing a 12 month stint in prison for beating up his wife’s lover.

I guess we'll never know
Lillica
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 18:34

Maybe he had some kind of family emergency or something similar come up that requires him to travel, putting his business on hold, and perhaps he doesn't know when he will get back. Setting the return date to the last day of the year sounds like a spontaneous selection because he isn't sure how long it will be. Or maybe he just overlooked setting a proper date. I wouldn't overthink it. Maybe you can try to find the sellers email address and contact them directly.

[Edited on 18-3-2017 by Lillica]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 18:40

Oh poo... now where am I going to find MTBE....

Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 18:50

it just sux cuz he had Triethylamine 500ml for like $20 bucks. now the only seller basically wants 30 bucks for 30ml
Sidmadra
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 20:56

Quote: Originally posted by Db33  
it just sux cuz he had Triethylamine 500ml for like $20 bucks. now the only seller basically wants 30 bucks for 30ml

There are lots of US companies selling Triethylamine. Not that cheap, but Sciencelab has 500ml for $100, and Sigma for $50 (if you can find someone to order it from there). I'm sure there are other sites as well.

Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 21:07

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
Oh poo... now where am I going to find MTBE....

EU petrol can contain up to 22% of ethers containing 5 carbons or more v/v.............

http://transportpolicy.net/index.php?title=EU:_Fuels:_Diesel...

These are MTBE, ETBE, TAME, FAME................. But probably mostly MTBE

/CJ

[Edited on 18-3-2017 by Corrosive Joeseph]

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 21:57

Oh ok. So now all I have to do is get someone from the EU to ship me 20L or so of gasoline. That should be easy, right?

Corrosive Joeseph
National Hazard

Mood: Cyclic

[*] posted on 17-3-2017 at 22:13

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
Oh ok. So now all I have to do is get someone from the EU to ship me 20L or so of gasoline. That should be easy, right?

If you organise it I will send you all the 95RON you want............!! :o

Apologies for actually quoting you, MTBE from pump petrol is a little pet project of mine ATM over here............ My post was more thinking aloud than offering you a serious alternative.............. It was also intended for others who might read this thread in the future

I had a feeling you weren't in the EU but I wasn't sure, you never seem to sleep............!! :D

Keep up the good work............ Peace out

/CJ

Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 18-3-2017 at 00:13

Oh dwsurman of Quakerstown, Pennsylvania. I know thee well.

He has his own website with a store, actually, and that store still seems to be up, unless I'm mistaken:

http://consolidated-chemical.com/

You want 500 mL of triethylamine? Here you go:

http://consolidated-chemical.com/Triethylamine-Purified-500m...

There's a coupon you can use on this site that's like 10percentoff (i think) that will give you what the text of it implies.
Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-3-2017 at 06:44

but the question is.... should someone take the chance in ordering from him IF he might be in jail or something? Im only thinking aloud here but why would someone close down a very profitable ebay service for 1 year and keep there other site open? Is it worth the risk?
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-3-2017 at 08:20

I don't see why he would be in jail. I believe his business is wholly legitimate. He's one of those people I don't discuss around those who might be cooks or kewls.

Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 18-3-2017 at 14:56

Quote: Originally posted by Db33  
but the question is.... should someone take the chance in ordering from him IF he might be in jail or something? Im only thinking aloud here but why would someone close down a very profitable ebay service for 1 year and keep there other site open? Is it worth the risk?

Maybe he's sick of eBay gouging him on fees, and wants to drive his regular customers towards ordering from his store? Judging from what members here have said regarding their eBay sales, that seems entirely possible.

Or maybe he just sold one too many things that eBay disapproved of, like galinstan or something, and they tried to fine him for it so he left?

In any case, if your credit card payment goes through and you receive no response from the seller, you can call them and get it refunded.

Seriously folks, the DEA has a lot bigger fish to fry than people buying 40 grams of substituted benzaldehydes on eBay. If they were monitoring this stuff and had dirt on a bunch of people, why would they use their ace in the hole to defeat a pair of twos? It makes no sense.
Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-3-2017 at 16:08

well i sent them on their actually website, a message asking them if they are still open for business despite the ebay statement. I decided to do this before i placed an order. So hopefully this will yield at least a partial answer.
Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-3-2017 at 04:29

i got an email back it they basically didnt really say anything except yes there ebay site is down but that you can still order stuff from there normal site or Amazon. Still dont understand why, maybe ebay suspended there account for that long for a violation? i dunno.
Db33
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-3-2017 at 13:58

well, it seems as though at least there website is still working because i made an order and received it today with no hassles. So i guess its just the ebay site.

Go To Top