Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NQ to diazoaminotetrazole in one pot?
Chisholm
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-4-2017 at 08:10
NQ to diazoaminotetrazole in one pot?

I have a substantial quantity of nitroguanidine (~300g), as well as sodium nitrite, zinc dust, and glacial acetic acid, and would like to perform some experiments with derivatives of aminoguanidine.

Principally, I'm interested in salts of diazoaminotetrazole, like in this patent:

Attachment: US2064817.pdf (156kB)
This file has been downloaded 343 times

Procedures for aminoguanidine are in a couple of places; CoPaE has one, as does Org Syn, but I'd like a one-pot synthesis that obviates the need for an intermediate filtering step.

The key concepts I'm seeing in all of the procedures are "keep the temperature below 40ÂșC" and "the reduction is complete when the yellow color disappears."

The patent for sodium diazoaminotetrazolate involves adding aqueous nitrite to an aminoguanidine salt in acetate buffer solution.

The procedures I've seen for aminoguanidine involve acetic acid and zinc, and usually separate the aminoguanidine from the solution as the nearly-insoluble bicarbonate.

Could a one-pot procedure be developed here that prevents precipitation of the zinc?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 14-4-2017 at 18:50

Maybe the fact that Zn(2+) is complexated by NH3, N2H4 related molecules....will cause troubles
Zn(OH)2 + 4 NH3 <--==> Zn(NH3)4(OH)2 (soluble)
Zn(OH)2 + 2 H2N-NH2 <--==> Zn(N2H4)2(OH)2 (unsoluble IIRC)

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)

Go To Top