Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Are you procedural or model driven?
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 7-2-2018 at 16:47

I think every heterosexual male is a connoisseur of fine women, whether they admit it or not. Age has nothing to do with it. I said I liked to look at them, not have sex with them.

Candy does not appeal to me. She's in the wrong context for me, ie, a rock band. Context is everything.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
ninhydric1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bleached

[*] posted on 7-2-2018 at 17:36

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
Which one is alcohol and which one is money ?

With money you can buy alcohol, so both?

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-2-2018 at 17:41

Quote: Originally posted by Magpie  
I think every heterosexual male is a connoisseur of fine women, whether they admit it or not. Age has nothing to do with it. I said I liked to look at them, not have sex with them.

Candy does not appeal to me. She's in the wrong context for me, ie, a rock band. Context is everything.

I took your age into consideration, which is the sole reason i didnt post a link of Candy in full leathers looking biz!

I did not want to give such a valued member, a stroke or other nasty. Having viewed the video several thousand times to make sure, I have concluded my decision was correct.

I need to be irresponsible, its just not worth risking the health of highly prized old codgers :D :P.

Having made the above statement, I am now surely qualified to handle picric acid lol.
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 7-2-2018 at 20:42

Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry  

I took your age into consideration, which is the sole reason i didnt post a link of Candy in full leathers looking biz!

I did not want to give such a valued member, a stroke or other nasty.

I assure I can handle it. Do your worst. If Candy is that powerful I will drive her behind Hadrian's Wall and you can have your way with her for eternity.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 7-2-2018 at 21:10

I assure I can handle it. Do your worst. If Candy is that powerful I will drive her behind Hadrian's Wall and you can have your way with her for eternity.

So wait... in this scenario are you the Romans or the Scottish? It matters!

Quote: Originally posted by Fulmen  
You're right, it's the inertia that's the real point. But I prefer consistent models, so the water is always massless. And you can easily construct a "turbine transformer" by coupling two turbines together.

Hmm. How do you account for hooking a transformer up to DC?

I have a very detailed model in my head, and this sticks out as an inconsistency. :P

Quote: Originally posted by wg48  
I strongly suspect that most religious, homeopathic, supernatural, over unite, crank cancer treatment, etc believers are strongly procedural. They have no mental models to invalidity crazy stuff. They don’t have a working BS detector. Effectively they can believe anything particularly if presented by what they perceive as an authoritative figure and it is not directly contradicted (not in a model way) by an already accepted truth.

I really like this idea, and think there's certainly truth to it. But now I'm starting to develop my own model (heheh) of how "procedural" minds work. It's not that they think THAT different, it's that they have too many models and they don't all mesh with each other. So to get from one model to another model, they need a procedure. And they have to follow that procedure before a different model can take over. Sort of like stumbling through the dark between two well-lit rooms.

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

biggrin.gif posted on 8-2-2018 at 01:55

And I fall in love with some of the women in the orchestra.

Oh dear! lol... I think I do that too.. I am such a sop. I also go google eyes over intelligent women that give a really good scientific presentation too. lol.

Vivaldi, four seasons, Winter (I think it's the first movement).... I cry every time. :D You know the one?... the piece has been building for 35 mins or so through the whole sweet... Winter has an ominous build up with a lot of tension which just BREAKS hard in the 'chorus' section of the movement which plays this amazingly powerful riff which is good on its own... it then drops a semi tone and repeats... it then drops a semi tone and repeats.. and then does it again. My my - every time it drops a semi tone my heart crushes and I get the goose bumps all aver my body make the hairs stand on their ends. My favourite piece of all time probably.

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 03:26

I think that I am model driven - some models are so gorgeously sexy :)

As a young violinist I was attracted to the girls in the woodwind section, they developed nice firm breasts earlier :D

My wife expects me to stop looking at other women shorly after I die
(or was it that I may die shortly after looking - it must have been one or the other :P

[Edited on 8-2-2018 by Sulaiman]

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 03:57

Quote: Originally posted by Sulaiman  

As a young violinist I was attracted to the girls in the woodwind section, they developed nice firm breasts earlier :D

(or was it that I may die shortly after looking - it must have been one or the other :P

Tee Hee Hee! :D:D:D

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
wg48
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 04:01

Quote: Originally posted by Sulaiman  

Obviously not model driven it must be after you die LOL

PS are you certain it was not their blowing skills that attracted you too.

Yes a very slow morning for me apparently.
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 06:19

Quote: Originally posted by DrP  

Vivaldi, four seasons, Winter (I think it's the first movement).... I cry every time. :D You know the one?... the piece has been building for 35 mins or so through the whole sweet... Winter has an ominous build up with a lot of tension which just BREAKS hard in the 'chorus' section of the movement which plays this amazingly powerful riff which is good on its own... it then drops a semi tone and repeats... it then drops a semi tone and repeats.. and then does it again. My my - every time it drops a semi tone my heart crushes and I get the goose bumps all aver my body make the hairs stand on their ends. My favourite piece of all time probably.

I like this piece a lot. When I was getting prepped for heart surgery the doctors and nurses were playing this piece loudly in the background. I commented that I loved it too.

NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 07:07

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  

So wait... in this scenario are you the Romans or the Scottish? It matters!

Quote: Originally posted by Fulmen  
You're right, it's the inertia that's the real point. But I prefer consistent models, so the water is always massless. And you can easily construct a "turbine transformer" by coupling two turbines together.

Hmm. How do you account for hooking a transformer up to DC?

I have a very detailed model in my head, and this sticks out as an inconsistency. :P

Quote: Originally posted by wg48  
I strongly suspect that most religious, homeopathic, supernatural, over unite, crank cancer treatment, etc believers are strongly procedural. They have no mental models to invalidity crazy stuff. They don’t have a working BS detector. Effectively they can believe anything particularly if presented by what they perceive as an authoritative figure and it is not directly contradicted (not in a model way) by an already accepted truth.

I really like this idea, and think there's certainly truth to it. But now I'm starting to develop my own model (heheh) of how "procedural" minds work. It's not that they think THAT different, it's that they have too many models and they don't all mesh with each other. So to get from one model to another model, they need a procedure. And they have to follow that procedure before a different model can take over. Sort of like stumbling through the dark between two well-lit rooms.

No seriously it dosnt matter! Magpie can get Candy behind any wall for me, I really dont care which he is, he will be a hero forever!

Having a happy day listening to music videos and trying to find one to win my prize...

NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 07:08

I did not want to give such a valued member, a stroke or other nasty.

Seal but you sign the disclaimer first!!! lol. 20 mins should do it, eternity takes up too much lab time
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 08:10

Gah! You're all making me regret being single. I don't really have a choice though. I fall in love too easily too, and it takes me years to get over it when I do. I've really been in love twice, and both times it took me three years to get over those women.

You know what I find really attractive in women? Their ability to write. Like, their willingness to write out "you're" instead of using "ur", and their ability to convey complex ideas in the written form. But not the type of writer that's super self-centered and can only write about herself and her own concerns and worries. Give me a woman with a strong sense of empathy and superb writing skills, and I'd fall head over heels for sure. :)

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
Magpie
lab constructor

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 08:39

Dunno what orchestra you watch, but most I seen there is a good reason they put some the women behind cello's!

Would you hide this woman behind a cello?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMQXIH0FH-E&t=963s

check 15:43

In watching this strange video I find the Portuguese players to be exceptionally handsome.

check 1:32 - 2:02. These gals are beauties!

[Edited on 8-2-2018 by Magpie]

NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 11:01

Dunno what orchestra you watch, but most I seen there is a good reason they put some the women behind cello's!

Would you hide this woman behind a cello?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMQXIH0FH-E&t=963s

check 15:43

In watching this strange video I find the Portuguese players to be exceptionally handsome.

check 1:32 - 2:02. These gals are beauties!

[Edited on 8-2-2018 by Magpie]

Shes got scary eyes at 15:43!!! like that film where she boils the bunny!

Some of them I wouldnt hide behind cello's, I would simply put bags over there heads :D.

We got slightly different taste in women, and I probably got better eyesight :P
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 11:02

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
Gah! You're all making me regret being single. I don't really have a choice though. I fall in love too easily too, and it takes me years to get over it when I do. I've really been in love twice, and both times it took me three years to get over those women.

You know what I find really attractive in women? Their ability to write. Like, their willingness to write out "you're" instead of using "ur", and their ability to convey complex ideas in the written form. But not the type of writer that's super self-centered and can only write about herself and her own concerns and worries. Give me a woman with a strong sense of empathy and superb writing skills, and I'd fall head over heels for sure. :)

For me its simply the bumpy bits, couldnt care less what she wrote :D
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 23:11

For me its simply the bumpy bits, couldnt care less what she wrote :D

For some reason, this description brought to might a friend of my ex-girlfriend that had really bad acne and tried unsuccessfully to cover it with makeup. "Bumpy" would be one of the first adjectives to come to mind when describing her...

Aria
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-4-2018 at 02:20

Why aren't we all doing model driven development yet?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top