Author: Subject: Can anyone guess the chemicals used in this experiment
Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 15:35
Can anyone guess the chemicals used in this experiment

https://youtu.be/qFz9BWKL0V8
Watch this video and try to guess all the chemicals used

Subscribe to my youtube channel named akhil the chemist. search it and you will get it this channel is unique .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GD00yhAoKajgjRWvqyH-w
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 16:32

No. This is a forum for written communication, not promoting youtube videos and channels. Granted, I have no real authority here, but extremely vague text attached to a youtube video is my idea of a shitpost.

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
ninhydric1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bleached

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 16:36

If you want help with the chemistry related to your chemistry channel, by all means, ask, but this isn't a place for you to be posting things that contribute nothing to SciMad's cornucopia of knowledge.

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.
Vosoryx
Hazard to Others

Mood: Serial Apple Enjoyer

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 16:47

I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus here...
I wasn't vocal about my problems with your original thread, as it seemed I was the outlier. But this is straight up advertisement for personal gain. We understand you're a new youtuber. Getting started is hard, but putting a link in your signature is the best way of doing that. This will just get you unwanted attention.

"Open your mind son, before someone opens it for you." - Dr. Walter Bishop
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 19:49

I didn't want to discourage you at first. But the others are correct. We are not providing an advertising service.

So if you just start just ONE thread, perhaps in beginnings, and whenever you have put up a new video, make a post EXACTLY DESCRIBING WHAT THE VIDEO IS ABOUT, YOUR HYPOTHESIS, HOW YOU CHOSE TO TEST, MEASUREMENTS AND OTHER RESULTS, HOW YOU CHOOSE TO INTERPRET THOSE RESULTS, EVERYTHING!!! RIGHT DOWN TO YOUR CALCULATIONS FOR STOICHIOMETRY.

Then on the post, beginning or end, doesn't matter, include a notice that a new video showing your work this subject was up on youtube and here is a link to your channel? THAT would certainly be OK with me.

But a teaser like this is bullshit, don't do this again.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 21:48

Consider also that you may be driving away potential viewers and subscribers.

I also am a NewTuber. I have an appreciation for what t takes to get quality videos produced and develop a fanbase of people who are enjoying them. Given that there is not really a whole lot of good experimental chemistry out there on YT, I have also signed up to a lot of promising channels - often those with small viewership.
Based on your style of promotion I have felt disinclined to browse your channel. IME hankering after views is just a single step away from a decline in quality of content.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 15-3-2018 at 00:02

Another reason to post any syntheses here is that a utoob channel can be taken down at any time, for any reason.

A good write-up here, alongside a youtube video would give the best of both worlds.

It'd also give you the opportunity to link from one site to the other, improving the google rankings of both.

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 15-3-2018 at 00:58

I also agree with what the others have written here in this thread.

I think that you do a lot of nice and worthy experimenting and contribute to home chemistry in a positive way. I see enthusiasm! But don't focus obsessively on your Youtube channel. It is OK to me if you post a link in your signature, as already suggested in this thread, but just posting here with the only goal to have people viewing your channel and subscribing to it is not appreciated.

Just contribute with nice experiments and procedures, and then, for sure, people will get interested and visit your channel. Your works/deeds will raise people's interests and are the best invitations for visiting your channel!

I want to add another remark. If you have your channel, just for financial reasons (e.g. to pay your home chemistry hobby), trying to eke out some money from it by many views and subscriptions, then I want to tell you that this is not going to work. You can make such a channel, because you like it, and want to communicate things, but if that is not your main reason, then you'd better spend your time on other things (e.g. doing nice experiments) which bring more joy to you.

[Edited on 15-3-18 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Akhil jain
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 15-3-2018 at 01:58

Ha ok I will not promote my videos . Happy ?if you people are getting irritated by this I wont post any links from now onwards.

Subscribe to my youtube channel named akhil the chemist. search it and you will get it this channel is unique .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GD00yhAoKajgjRWvqyH-w
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 15-3-2018 at 02:38

Post content. Include links if you wish.
Just don't post what ammounts to an ad without content.

[edit] removed portion that more properly belongs in another thread.

I think the bottom line is that if you continue to make good content you will gain a following and support from SM. If your presence is merely to drum up views then it will be less appreciated.

[Edited on 15-3-2018 by j_sum1]

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-3-2018 at 03:44

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
I didn't want to discourage you at first. But the others are correct. We are not providing an advertising service.

So if you just start just ONE thread, perhaps in beginnings, and whenever you have put up a new video, make a post

- EXACTLY DESCRIBING WHAT THE VIDEO IS ABOUT

- YOUR HYPOTHESIS, HOW YOU CHOSE TO TEST

- MEASUREMENTS AND OTHER RESULTS

- HOW YOU CHOOSE TO INTERPRET THOSE RESULTS

- EVERYTHING!!! RIGHT DOWN TO YOUR CALCULATIONS FOR STOICHIOMETRY.

Then on the post, beginning or end, doesn't matter, include a notice that a new video showing your work this subject was up on youtube and here is a link to your channel? THAT would certainly be OK with me.

But a teaser like this is bullshit, don't do this again.

That there is what will win you views and interest ^^^^^^^^

what was don above just pisses people off and stinks of sad desperation, makes me think the link is utter garbage, it is called click bait and it has the inherent nature to,,, well as you've seen from the replies!

[Edited on 15-3-2018 by XeonTheMGPony]

Go To Top