Author: Subject: Guess who just got raided boys
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 15-1-2022 at 12:09
Mistaken Identity

Dawt, your neighbor must be a complete moron. Pepper plants look nothing like
weed. Sounds like weed growing is outlawed in your locale. Where I live it's
perfectly legal with some restrictions. The whole neighborhood smells like a skunk
during the growing season around here. I had a similar experience with an asshole
room mate some years ago. He tried to get the cops to bust me for my lab
chemicals out of revenge. The cops weren't even interested although I offered to
show them my lab. Even they knew, from repeated calls, that the idiot was a
trouble making drunk.

[Edited on 2022/1/15 by MadHatter]

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
AngelEyes
Hazard to Others

Mood: Better than it used to be.

[*] posted on 17-1-2022 at 05:03

I can vouch for the lab notebook being the key thing here between an actual chemist and a ne'er-do-well. I had a visit from the police in Oct 2020 and I'm pretty sure it was my notebook that persuaded them I was not doing anything terrorist related.

You can read the full story here, about half way down:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=154800...

And like the OP, I was grassed on by my neighbours who saw something they didn't understand and jumped straight to the "he must be making b*mbs!!" conclusion.

Cheers

Angel.

\'Silk and satin, leather and lace...black panties with an Angel\'s face\'
BlackPowderBoy
Harmless

Mood: Writing some stories

[*] posted on 13-11-2022 at 01:17

This is why I'm very hesitant about doing chemistry in the ole backyard without any coverings. I've still avoided making things like nitric acid or things meant to do in open air just because I know people are nosy.

[Edited on 13-11-2022 by BlackPowderBoy]
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-11-2022 at 19:35

Quote: Originally posted by BlackPowderBoy  
This is why I'm very hesitant about doing chemistry in the ole backyard without any coverings. I've still avoided making things like nitric acid or things meant to do in open air just because I know people are nosy.

[Edited on 13-11-2022 by BlackPowderBoy]

Humans are 99.98% of the problem for most with an IQ above room temperature!
ManyInterests
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-12-2022 at 20:51

This is why I cover my balcony with some kind of covering to prevent people from seeing it. My current setup needs work since I cut the cloth (I use cheap shower curtains) too short and it flaps around like crazy when it is windy, I need to fasten it down.

I can get away with doing that without drawing suspicious since I know many neighbors that also do the same. If asked I can just point to them and say 'they did it, why not me?'.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 2-12-2022 at 23:29

My current notebook was started seven years ago. It is a bound book of the type you can tell if a page has been torn out, and written in ink with times and dates. It's far from perfect, but not only can I check yields etc from each variation of how i've synthed isopropyl nitrite, it is the best declaration of my intentions with this hobby/avocation.

Keep records folks, I might think even MORE so for the EM hobbyists. Far cry from a pyrotechnic enthusiast to a terr, but how can you establish prior intentions? Records.

My ten cents.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

BlackPowderBoy
Harmless

Mood: Writing some stories

[*] posted on 2-12-2022 at 23:43

Yeah I've been thinking recently about getting some tarps and making a little work station in the corner of my yard.

Also yes Arkoma and Xeon, Preach!
I've got a journal but it is seldom written in. Bad practice, I gotta get on that. :o

[Edited on 3-12-2022 by BlackPowderBoy]
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 11-2-2023 at 04:19

well- theyre desperate to find some action, many ended up working as police because they wanted to do the right thing. some of them arent very smart and they end up deluded and brainwashed. some of the truly heroic ones that knows right from wrong end up bitter and sadistic from stress. and naturally some of them injecting confiscated steroids and "verifying" substances on a daily basis live in a yet worse sadistic egotrip state
and then add into that quotas- thats a huge part of the problem, forcibly criminalizing society because they HAVE to find suspects
the ones with robotic facial expressions are the ones most likely to be humble, but also most likely to be abusive. people messing with EM's really just have the same desire for action as the ones coming to stir trouble- maybe with a typically more intellectual drive. i have known multiple people ending up behind bars where they would prior to being thrown in get warnings- and i told them to take it as warnings. they kept pushing their luck and the trap snapped. its always a bad idea to openly share with sorrounding public what you do with your free time if youre anything but average- people fear what they cannot understand. people can end up jealous realizing you can do something they can never wrap their heads around- yet in less developed countries, even in the west, you may come across a police chief that thinks blowing up dynamite in your backyard to send water far up in the air is really cool

but surely, the times are getting tighter- but on the bright side society is shifting a lot lately, every workplace is screaming for more workers, this means less police to enforce legislation
when going out to buy just barely suspicious stuff, youre in luck if you have a job that requires safety clothing, this somehow makes you seem more average and less intelligent and voila it nullifies suspicion

you can really just have bad luck, i have gotten a visit after a drugged up neighbour wanted to lend a fuse since he blew his fuses by cranking up his speakers too high. drug/steroid induced schizophrenic psychosis had him convince himself he smelled all sorts of weird things at my doorway, pridened himself with having a military background he made a call and later that night they proved to have taken a crackaddict seriously. i ended up paying 3000 euros in court but got a bit of joy back when i noticed they had confiscated my solution of sodium fluoride- mouth wash, and had put it on a list of "toxic chemicals" found in my possession which was not properly stored- rendering it illegal.

if they havent visited you yet, take my advice and dont test your luck. the system will never forget you again. if you feel like they have come a bit too close, thats your warning. roll back a bit and take extra precautions

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top