Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: "The Chemistry Store"
guaguanco
Hazard to Others

Mood: heterocyclic

[*] posted on 20-1-2004 at 21:52

Quote:
Originally posted by adroit_synth
Tetrahydrofurfurylamine was not on the website so he assumed it was on purpose. So you really think he should send it back?

Absolutely. This is a professional, legal transaction. They sent him the wrong thing. Why should he skulk away like it was a drug deal gone bad?
Mendeleev
Hazard to Others

Mood: stoned

[*] posted on 13-2-2004 at 21:44

I noticed acetic anhydride was not on the DEA scheduled lists, yet everywhere you go they require permits to buy it, can anyone explain.

Trogdor was a man. A dragon man. Or maybe just a dragon. . .
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 13-2-2004 at 21:53

This is a DEA List II "essential" chemical. See my post of 1/18/04.
Haggis
Hazard to Others

Mood: Lacrymating

[*] posted on 16-2-2004 at 11:54

Much to my amusement last night while I was shaving, I saw something very interesting on the can. I commonly read ingredient lists on most products, but skip shampoos and the like, as they rarely have anything pure. I picked up my 'Edge Pro Gel', one for sensitive skin, and found that the number three ingredient was good ol' triethanolamine. What a pleasant shock. "Samosa, thou shall rejoice," I said, or some form of that statement.

Horribly impure and contaminated, but a fun thought none the less... "Nitrogen mustards from shaving cream".

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.
<b> <a href=\"http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEE41A2B1\">PGP Key</a> </b> 0C0A 7486 B97F 92EE AE50 A98C A4F3 087E 8CE9 A782
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 16-2-2004 at 17:51

If one is not terribly concerned about product purity, I'm sure it would be possible to do a quick-and-dirty extraction of the TEA (to at least remove SOME of the impurities), and then put it through a reaction with excess Chlorinator, thus getting SOME Nitrogen Mustard-- even if a negligible amount in an unusable form. But then, we don't need PURE Nitrogen Mustard, do we? It would be illegal to make it! :D
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top