Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Found on eBay
Ritter
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 11:33
Found on eBay

I just did a cursory search in eBay using the search term 'chemical' & came up with the following list of items for sale there:

KMnO4
KCl
MnO2
Ba2CO3
TiO2
CuO
H3BO3
Urea
NaHSO4
Fe2O3
Fe3O4
CuCO3
Na2CO3
Na2Cr2O7.2H2O
K2Cr2O7
(NH4)2Cr2O7
NH4Cl
3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde

I'm sure the list would be quite a bit longer & more comprehensive if I searched more specific terms. Prices in general seemed reasonable.

Ritter
=============================
\"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.\"

Karl Marx
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 11:43

There indeed are many chemicals for purchase on eBay, actually, I have quite a few chems from eBay sources. But keep in mind that there are strong shipping regulations and also strong export/import regulations. So, only buy chemicals which are somewhat more hazardous than table salt from suppliers in your own country (or union of countries). I only buy chemicals from EU-based suppliers (as I am a citizen of the EU), except maybe some simple bulk metal pieces, non-toxic, non-energetic salts and so on. Where you should buy depends on your location.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
hinz
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 12:19

Now swim is selling his mescaline precursor at E-bay :D
Klute
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 12:59

No offense, but I don't really understand the purpose of this thread?

\"You can battle with a demon, you can embrace a demon; what the hell can you do with a fucking spiritual computer?\"

-Alice Parr
Ritter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 13:34

Quote:
Originally posted by Klute
No offense, but I don't really understand the purpose of this thread?

I started it only as a reminder that eBay can be a convenient way to acquire reagents & intermediates that are not available elsewhere without a lot of hassle.

The list of available chemicals I posted is nowhere near complete. But it is starting to look like a pretty well equipped lab storeroom!

[Edited on 3-7-2008 by Ritter]

Ritter
\"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.\"

Karl Marx
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 14:57

eBay can be a useful place to acquire chemicals and equipment.
Also some sellers have reagents that they will not list directly but they will sell to established customers when they feel that you are competent and acquiring them for legitimate use.
Anyone who buys 3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde from anywhere would have had to have left their brains stuck on the bottom of the pie dish in which they knocked up their last load of gear.
Two steps, OTC chemicals = instant jail sentence if you get nabbed.
Jor
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 15:54

I have bought many chemicals via an eBay seller. I have recieved many, like KI, CoSO4, CuSO4, NiSO4, Na2CrO7, I2, KMnO4 and some more. I still have a list open, wich I did not recieve yet... He told me he'd send this week. The list was:

25g magnesium ribbon
250g potassium nitrate
250g manganese dioxide
100g hexamine
100g zinc chloride anhydrous
250g potassium hydroxide
250g phthalic anhydride
250g potassium hydrogen di-iodate
100g sodium metaperiodate
50g sodium peroxide
50g potassium ferrate(VI)
100ml ferroine solution
1G chloroplatinic acid

For a grad total of 55 pounds.

I have also used eBay for things like pH paper and filter paper.

Oh and why are you saying that OTC chemicals=jail?
If that's true, I'm on the safe side, with all of my chemicals being lab-grade from companies like Acros.

[Edited on 3-7-2008 by Jor]

[Edited on 3-7-2008 by Jor]
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 16:34

Hi Jor,

Everything that you are buying is fine.
Owning chemicals is not generally a crime.
Maybe I should have written it as;
3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde + OTC chemicals -> -> controlled drug.

Regards,

SS
brew
Hazard to Self

Mood: enthralled

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 17:28

I just had a search on ebay myself(worldwide) and could not find a number of chem's that Ritter wrote that he found. I will check again and make sure that my search parameters are realistic. I need a supply of sodium dichromate and a few other things similar and would appreciate a point in the direction of an ebay seller for such a chem. U2U would be great. If I can return the favor I will.

bmc
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 17:40

Business & Industrial -> Lab Supplies -> Chemicals

You don't really need to do a search.

But this may not bring up all the metals for sale.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 03:04

@brew - Sodium dichromate can be made if you have NaOH and Chromium III oxide (along with a crucible and some heat :P). Chromium III oixde (a green powder) is sometimes sold on ebay as "green thermite" powder. Its worth taking a look. The preparation of sodium dichromate from these two chemicals is either on a sciencemadness members website, or, possibly on rhodium, but I can't remember which.
brew
Hazard to Self

Mood: enthralled

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 03:20

Thanks for that. I will sus out the compound and the process.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 05:03

Here's the link, its from 12AX7's web page (credt where credit is due :P). It even has pictures :P http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms/Chem_Chromate.h...
Ritter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 06:14

Quote:
Originally posted by brew
I just had a search on ebay myself(worldwide) and could not find a number of chem's that Ritter wrote that he found. I will check again and make sure that my search parameters are realistic. I need a supply of sodium dichromate and a few other things similar and would appreciate a point in the direction of an ebay seller for such a chem. U2U would be great. If I can return the favor I will.

bmc

I used the search term 'chemical.' Here's your Na2Cr2O7: item #270250738874

Ritter

Karl Marx
Ritter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-7-2008 at 06:16

Quote:
Originally posted by ScienceSquirrel
Hi Jor,

Everything that you are buying is fine.
Owning chemicals is not generally a crime.
Maybe I should have written it as;
3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde + OTC chemicals -> -> controlled drug.

Regards,

SS

I believe the principal use of TMBA is in the production of the (legal) drug trimethoprim.

Ritter

Karl Marx
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-7-2008 at 19:05

If you buy the stuff off eBay I can guarantee that the local plod force will assume that you are making mescaline!
pantone159
National Hazard

Mood: desperate for shade

[*] posted on 5-7-2008 at 21:27

I would never ever try and buy 3,4,5-trimethoxy-benzaldehyde on eBay. eBay is much easier to monitor for LE so naturally they monitor it more, and that compound is certainly suspicious. I would suspect a sting from anyone offering such, actually.
BTW - I didn't see any for sale when I searched!
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 09:56

I have never seen 3,4,5-trimethoxy-benzaldehyde for sale on eBay but I have seen anthranilic acid and formamide offered.
Ritter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 10:09

Quote:
Originally posted by pantone159
I would never ever try and buy 3,4,5-trimethoxy-benzaldehyde on eBay. eBay is much easier to monitor for LE so naturally they monitor it more, and that compound is certainly suspicious. I would suspect a sting from anyone offering such, actually.
BTW - I didn't see any for sale when I searched!

Try item # 360032504883

Ritter

Karl Marx
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 10:31

Quote:
I have never seen 3,4,5-trimethoxy-benzaldehyde for sale on eBay but I have seen anthranilic acid and formamide offered.
What's wrong with formamide? I purchased some of this from eBay, for just a few euros. Is this also a drug-precursor? I use it as a solvent for certain metal salts. It forms interesting complexes, for instance with copper(II) chloride, a cyan solution is formed.
Anthranilic acid I also have seen many times, but I did not bother buying that, I could not imagine that I have interesting uses for this chemical.

Actually, I buy many chemicals from eBay, especially the simple ones (with one or maybe two carbons), and inorganics. Complicated organic molecules are not interesting for me, because I do mainly inorganic chemistry. The small organic molecules are interesting though, because I treat them as simple inorganic compounds. For me, formamide is of the same order as other compounds, with similar complexity, made of other atoms than carbon.

[Edited on 6-7-08 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 16:42

Anthranilic acid is a a good start to methaqualone.

Formamide and 1- phenylpentan-2-one gives you amphetamine.

If you are aware of the uses of these chemicals then you can make sure that your purchases and stocks do not excite suspicion.
Picric-A
National Hazard

Mood: Fuming

[*] posted on 16-7-2008 at 14:41

i found some trichloroethene once on ebay.
i am probably lucky though that i can buy a few chemicals from a local chemical supplier so i tend not to buy them from ebay where, and i know this has been mentioned, the police cn find out easily and if you are buying certain chemicals, eg, potassium iodide, red phosphorous ect... u can probably expect a visit form the local drug squad :P
Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 16-7-2008 at 18:37

Quote:
Originally posted by woelen
Quote:
What's wrong with formamide? I purchased some of this from eBay, for just a few euros...

[Edited on 6-7-08 by woelen]

OMG you're going down, you're outta here, the narcs are going to get you PANIC PANIC, you're going inside, adios amigo.

I priced a 20L drum of pyridine about a decade ago not long out of university. The three companies i asked for prices were all nice, it however was too expensive for what i was going to use it for and i sidelined the project. Three months later i got a nice visit from some nice police, as i now know, there is a code of conduct in australia with lists of chemicals on it. Having never had more than a cursory glance at the structures of know narcotics i had no idea this common reagent had been bad guy no1 for a couple of decades. The police were excellent, but i guess they realised i was a waste of time. Universities should tell their chemistry graduates about such stuff as potential precursors so that mistakes like this don't have to waste thousands of police hours. I guess they leave it to the employers.

Basically i cannot speak for the rest of the world but i find in Australia,at the end of the day, police, like all other types of humans , cooperate well provided you are transparent enough. I'm a not a privacy freak though and my threshhold for offensive intrusive inquiries extends quite far.

Hell i'm so lonely i'm happy for the attention!!!! :P

Dwsurmanjr
Harmless

Mood: HAPPY !!

[*] posted on 20-7-2008 at 22:43

I was selling lots of chemical on ebay until they strated cracking down on what can be sold. My account was suspended for selling simple harmless chemicals. So to spite them i have opened my own website we are still small but are ever expanding. I love science and always will and want to help others that share the same passion.....

WWW.Consolidated-Chemical.com

Please check it out we are very reliable with decent prices, You information is always kept personal with us we do not share anything with anyone. If we dont have something you are looking for please email me at the address on the site and we will see if we can get it for ya....

Thanks Everyone,

Dave
-jeffB
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-7-2008 at 10:10

From thread 10877:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dwsurmanjr
Just wanted to tell everyone about this chemical suppler that i found
that will actually treat you like a person, and they actually sell to
individuals. The are still small i guess but have a wide range of
oxidizers and rare metals...Its worth checking out. I have
bought from before several times they have pretty good prices and fast shipping.....
Edited on 20-7-2008 by Dwsurmanjr]

From thread 10763:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dwsurmanjr
I was selling lots of chemical on ebay until they strated cracking down on what can be sold. My account was suspended for selling simple harmless chemicals. So to spite them i have opened my own website we are still small but are ever expanding. I love science and always will and want to help others that share the same passion.....

Please check it out we are very reliable with decent prices, You information is always kept personal with us we do not share anything with anyone. If we dont have something you are looking for please email me at the address on the site and we will see if we can get it for ya....

So, which is it? A company you've bought from a couple of times, or a company you've started? Or a scam, or a sting?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top