Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Going thru chemically induced withdrawels...
domaani
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-12-2008 at 23:11

I haven't walked into a bar for a year or so, and it's more than three months from having the last smoke (I've smoked for five years). Why?

I've spent it all on laboratory equipment and chemicals :D
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 6-12-2008 at 20:37
Congratulations On Quitting !

I have no choice but to quit now. I was recently diagnosed with early stages of emphysema.
It can only get worse. Admittedly I've smoked for 33 years but I did manage to cut down to
less then 1/2 pack(10 smokes) a day. It'll be tough but I saw my mother die an excruciating
death from emphysema with complications from stroke. I don't want to leave this world that
way.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 6-12-2008 at 21:14

Get yourself some Chantix. Its probably the best $120 or so that I have ever spent.

Start taking it and when its time to increase your dose start cleaning your house. Get rid of all cigs, ashtrays, lighters. Vacuum or steam clean the carpets. Try and get of all sights and smells that can trigger a craving attack.

I'm now 4 months quit and haven't felt this good in a long time. I can go all day without thinking about smoking and I am no longer having cravings albeit for a the odd one now and again that pops into my head. But those are usually the "man it would be nice to have a cig" type of cravings...sorta like the same way you crave a drink on a hot day. Nothing unbearable and they are gone usually within a minute tops.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
chochu3
Hazard to Others

Mood: Inside looking out

[*] posted on 6-12-2008 at 21:24

When I read the title I thought they were talking of chemical dependance as of drug dependance. Faith in God asking and being humbled will help if someone is like this. I was chemicially dependent on opiates and methadone for two years. In being I have done the stuipidiest stuff that shames my family and I. Anyway I know what it feels like not to do a chemical reaction in a while. In my addiction I did no chemistry at all, but just stayed high all the time. It not fun when your not doing the things you love. Anyway:

Keeps these words:
Fool me once shame on you;
Fool me twice shame on me.

For anybody who needs a little guidance.

\"Abiding in the midst of ignorance, thinking themselves wise and learned, fools go aimlessly hither and thither, like blind led by the blind.\" - Katha Upanishad
grndpndr
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-12-2008 at 00:44

Mad Hatter,Dont feel alone I was recently diagnosed with COPD(32 yrs smokin) which is an upleasant thought considering the method
of death. Chantix may cause some depression but probably not eqaul to the thought of drowning in ones own body fluids.

So if a little depression is all preventing you guys quitting by all means quit!Please! Its nice getting up in the morning not suffcating! Id like to know what thats LIke for a change!

[Edited on 18-12-2008 by grndpndr]
MadDawg
Harmless

Mood: Para...noid

[*] posted on 30-1-2009 at 02:25

Chemically induced withdrawal?

I'm 18 years old and I've been through 3 benzodiazepine withdrawals...and I thought they were harmless to my health and well-being at the time! I'm currently going through a 4-6mg clonazepam daily withdrawal using Valium under doctor's orders.

Life sucks at the moment!

Don't fuck with me...I know a group of motherfuckers who'll shoot it up with me!!!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
azo
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-1-2009 at 03:16
addiction

i don't no whether you should be using one opiate to get of another .
anyway if i was taking them i would only take oxazep:Dam

i dont no what has happened in your life at the age of sixteen that brought you to take that class of drugs , but i am glad it is not me. any thiong that makes you feel that good is going to be hard to shake .

good day to everyone i haven't been on for a while whats new around here

regards azo:D
MadDawg
Harmless

Mood: Para...noid

[*] posted on 30-1-2009 at 03:27

Was that a reply to me azo?

If so, it's not addiction. It's dependency to a benzodiazepines.

i don't no whether you should be using one opiate to get of another .
anyway if i was taking them i would only take oxazep:Dam

They're not opiates, I've never been addicted to any opioids/opiates. They're called benzodiazepines, and they are worse to withdraw from then the opioid/opiate drugs. Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine aswell dude.

i dont no what has happened in your life at the age of sixteen that brought you to take that class of drugs , but i am glad it is not me. any thiong that makes you feel that good is going to be hard to shake .

Nothing happened, I wasn't really anxious or suffering from anxiety. I just got the boot from school and had a script happy doctor who created my dependency. Yeah, they don't really make me feel good, just 'normal'.

Anyways, thanks for the reply dude!

Don't fuck with me...I know a group of motherfuckers who'll shoot it up with me!!!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 30-1-2009 at 05:31

Quote:
Originally posted by MadDawg

If so, it's not addiction. It's dependency to a benzodiazepines.

Dependency is just a euphemism for addiction. . .
Globey
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-2-2009 at 09:15

The best way to quit smoking, is to quit many times, and not use a relapse as an excuse to smoke copious amounts again. In other words, you need to be able to get to the point, where you can (for instance), quit for a few weeks, have ONE cigarette, and then quit again. Too much value is placed on the mentality of quitting (IMHO), and not enough on the quantity smoked. So I had a few puffs 9 months ago (a friend from Germany came by, and we went out for drinks)...I was at a bar, and enjoyed a cigarette. But I didn't feel I ruined any "cigarette sobriety", and haven't smoked since. But it wouldn't be a big deal if I smoked again, so long as I didn't get into the habit. For me, the WD from nicotine is very mild, and is very psychological. Opioid WD is far worse.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 19-2-2009 at 10:07

@MadDawg
Beating clonazepam withdraw is easy as pie if you go to the health food store and find a substance called Gama Aminobutyric acid or GABA for short. One a day should be more then sufficent to help the sleep problems and possible tremors that can happen when going though benzodiazepine withdraw.

They had me perscribed to higher dose the yours but the bitch of a thing to kick was the lexapro they had perscribed along side of it. It has been years now and because the lexapro im still having tremors,sleep problems,depression and mood swings. Ironic that they perscribed it for depression I told them I didnt have yet now I am depressed because of it.

[Edited on 20-2-2009 by Sedit]

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
Jdurg
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-2-2009 at 19:56

Kicking an addiction is a bitch. I smoked for only five years, and it was hell trying to quit. I eventually quit cold turkey and it was not fun. I just couldn't afford it anymore. What saddens me is that in the past year I re-developed the habit when I got hooked on chewing tobacco. Even worse of an addiction. I'm currently trying to kill that habit.

Though perhaps the worst one I had was an oxycodone addiction. :( I didn't even realize I was hooked on it. In June of last year, I got in a car accident that made my chest and back hurt like nothing else. While in the ER, the doctor there gave me a prescription for some pretty potent Vicodin. I was taking four of them a day for at least a week. (Possibly two weeks, I can't remember now). I took all the tabs and remember when I ran out. Yes, I could have asked for another refill and gotten it, but I didn't want to. I just went to work as normal and remember sitting at my desk and suddenly having a severe itch start. I was itching and restless for at least four days. It was hell. I just couldn't stop scratching. My co-workers even noticed the scratch marks on my body. It was a living hell. I never realized that I was physically addicted as the psychological addiction like nicotine just wasn't there. I'm just glad it ended, but I was able to understand why people who develop the habit can just never quit.

\"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists of the unmistakable scent of broccoli, and usually requires wiping afterwards.\"
http://maddox.xmission.com.
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-2-2009 at 23:03

Quote:
Originally posted by Jdurg
What saddens me is that in the past year I re-developed the habit when I got hooked on chewing tobacco. Even worse of an addiction. I'm currently trying to kill that habit.

You had better, because consuming chewing tobacco is notorious for causing oral cancer. In the case of chewing tobacco, the cause of the cancer cannot be polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzpyrene in the tar produced by smoking, so it must be due to polonium-210 and other short-lived radioisotopes derived from U-238 and U-235 in tobacco gown in soils derived from granite.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top