Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NaH2PO2 from China on Ebay?
myr
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-12-2018 at 06:25
NaH2PO2 from China on Ebay?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with ordering hypophosphite from Ebay. There are several international sellers who offer it, mostly from China. I am aware it is restricted, but so is I2, and I have yet to have any issues importing I2.
(Then again, the combination of I2 and a H2PO2 salt is much more suspicious than either alone...)

Thank you!
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-12-2018 at 08:24

Just because you managed to import it before, or just because you can order it on eBay doesn't mean you can't or won't get massively fucked up by US Customs and the DEA in the future.
Mr. Rogers
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-12-2018 at 23:22

Quote: Originally posted by monolithic  
Just because you managed to import it before, or just because you can order it on eBay doesn't mean you can't or won't get massively fucked up by US Customs and the DEA in the future.

That's a possibility. Do you have any examples of anyone getting scrutiny from I2 purchase off Ebay?
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-12-2018 at 05:16

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Rogers  
Quote: Originally posted by monolithic  

That's a possibility. Do you have any examples of anyone getting scrutiny from I2 purchase off Ebay?

I personally don't have any examples. If it's for amateur/hobby use, it's probably not worth the legal risks? Even if you're squeaky clean and most definitely not using it to make drugs, you're still going to spend a lot of time and money on defending yourself from conspiracy to manufacture charges. Also, I have vague ideas of what myr is planning to do with NaH2PO2 (judging by his post history). I don't have any issue with this, but he should really consider the possible chain of events, especially with his real first and last name in a public profile.

[Edited on 24-12-2018 by monolithic]
myr
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-12-2018 at 10:50

I have now hidden my email address (why it was shown in the first place is beyond me) and your point is well taken.

Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 24-12-2018 at 11:32

Email addresses are not automatically shown, you have to tick a box to do so.
Jules
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-5-2019 at 09:11

I have an example of scrutiny of individuals buying chemicals, in 2017 I received a visit from the police (UK) and spent 7 weeks in Nottingham prison because one CID officer decided that I MIGHT be able to make drugs. It was subsequently thrown out by a judge who commented that just because something could be made didn't constitute proof of any intent or manufacture. Needless to say, it was a very unpleasant experience and even more so for my lodger, who was totally unconnected with my chemistry experiments, I lost my job because of it even though I wasn't guilty of any intent to synthesize illegal substances and I am still involved in a legal case, attempting to get my equipment and various other items seized by the police returned to me. It seemed surreal at the time but once you have been arrested it is extremely difficult to get access to anything or anybody that might provide proof of your innocence and I have changed my views about the guilt of individuals in jail from " the police don't throw innocent people in prison " to one of doubt about their supposed neutrality, in my case they were only interested in evidence of guilt but ignored things that pointed to my innocence, so be careful, especially considering some of your posts, YOU'D be looking at jail time and a LOT longer than 7 weeks!!!
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 19-5-2019 at 14:07

Quote: Originally posted by Jules  
I have an example of scrutiny of individuals buying chemicals, in 2017 I received a visit from the police (UK) and spent 7 weeks in Nottingham prison because one CID officer decided that I MIGHT be able to make drugs. It was subsequently thrown out by a judge who commented that just because something could be made didn't constitute proof of any intent or manufacture. Needless to say, it was a very unpleasant experience and even more so for my lodger, who was totally unconnected with my chemistry experiments, I lost my job because of it even though I wasn't guilty of any intent to synthesize illegal substances and I am still involved in a legal case, attempting to get my equipment and various other items seized by the police returned to me. It seemed surreal at the time but once you have been arrested it is extremely difficult to get access to anything or anybody that might provide proof of your innocence and I have changed my views about the guilt of individuals in jail from " the police don't throw innocent people in prison " to one of doubt about their supposed neutrality, in my case they were only interested in evidence of guilt but ignored things that pointed to my innocence, so be careful, especially considering some of your posts, YOU'D be looking at jail time and a LOT longer than 7 weeks!!!

Another case of guilty until proven innocent, I'm really sorry for what happened to you, it's not fair, at all:mad:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jules
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-5-2019 at 07:58

Thank you Ubya, I'm over it now but at the time I was incandescent with the injustice of being treated as if I was already guilty, I'm no angel by any stretch of the imagination but trying to explain chemistry to a policeman who by his own admission knew nothing about it is useless and when I refused to answer questions on the basis that it was pointless it was seen as being uncooperative, despite my solicitor advising me to take this course. My advice to anyone who is unfortunate enough to find themselves in a similar situation is to say absolutely nothing until speaking to a legal advisor and even then simply state that you have not, or intended to, commit any offense and that your chemicals and equipment are legal to own and leave it at that because no matter what you say it will only be twisted to suit their agenda.
I am not anti-police despite this horrendous experience but I certainly understand why some people are, it should be borne in mind that this was only one overzealous officer and without the police our "civilized" society would go to hell in very short order. I forgot to mention previously that the police claimed that they were alerted by eBay initially though I have no way to verify the veracity of this and I still buy from there, without any further problems to date.
So just be careful what you buy, especially if the combination has uses in the underground pharmaceutical community!! I'm not saying don't get the things you want but be mindful of the uses to which they could be put and have the reason why you want them ready if you ever need to explain yourself. Myr would have a VERY hard time explaining his purchases and browsing history in a similar situation to my own, so be warned and use your head if you really MUST indulge in highly suspect activities!

[Edited on 20-5-2019 by Jules]

Go To Top