Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: for the practical side of energetic materials
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 1-12-2003 at 19:54
for the practical side of energetic materials

Try http://www.xinventions.com under the Pyrotechnics forum. As members here should/do know, I discourage discussion of energetic materials that have already been thoroughly discussed on other online forums or in readily accessible publications. I also discourage discussion of applications of said materials.

The Xinventions pyrotechnics forum used to be truly pathetic, but I've recently visited and found it much improved. I'd still suggest registering at the E&W Forum to search their archives, but if you want to actually discuss more common materials or their applications head over to Xinventions. It's a fairly relaxed place with a number of members I already recognize from this site.
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 1-12-2003 at 20:20

am I reading between the lines?
E&W for reference, but xinventions for discussing 'common materials' for being a relaxed place?? enough said ;)

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Haggis
Hazard to Others

Mood: Lacrymating

[*] posted on 1-12-2003 at 20:44

For clairification, this http://66.127.232.42/discus/messages/14/14.html?1070337489 link can be followed to get to the pyrotechnic based forum.

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.
<b> <a href=\"http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEE41A2B1\">PGP Key</a> </b> 0C0A 7486 B97F 92EE AE50 A98C A4F3 087E 8CE9 A782
tom haggen
Hazard to Others

Mood: a better mood

[*] posted on 1-12-2003 at 20:47
cool

noted. from now on i will only ask questions that are chemstry related

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by tom haggen]

N/A
JDP
Harmless

Mood: |:booM

[*] posted on 1-12-2003 at 23:08

Also try: Totse. Its a good place to descuss explosives etc. I frequent that forum on the name 'John_Doe'.

~JDP
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-12-2003 at 01:23

I really would take totse with a large grain of salt...

They assume it's perfectly safe to press AP detonators as long as you stay under 8 grams...:o...morons

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
JDP
Harmless

Mood: |:booM

[*] posted on 2-12-2003 at 02:00
True

You're right, it seems that at least 85-90% of them take the dangers of peroxides for granted. Though the other 15-10% seem to be decent and smart people. Yet there are many on there that should be thankfull their alive... And in one piece...

~JDP
tom haggen
Hazard to Others

Mood: a better mood

[*] posted on 2-12-2003 at 07:04
ap

i was considering making ap, but i read a couple accident posts and i'm seriously think twice about it. however I know i could get a non-acidic product. and my synthesis would be done at the coldest temperatures possible(7c-10c)

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by tom haggen]

N/A
Blackhawk
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-12-2003 at 22:15

You could of course make MEKP and use more under confinement. Anyway I like xinventions, good site if you don't want to have your head bitten off.

\"It is a grave error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse\"
Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-12-2003 at 09:23
Try BS

Well the AP stabiety is a very contreverial issue I know but its always cut with AN now(though mainly to get more).

If your paranoid about AP dont go with MEKP its about the same in terms of sensitvety except you can spill it and its power is less.
Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 7-12-2003 at 20:23

So asking about making the compounds used in explosive X is ok but asking the best way to detenate is isn't? What Im saying is that because I am a newbie to the MSMB where is the "thin red line" exactly?

What if, what is isn\'t true?
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 7-12-2003 at 21:38

Quote:
So asking about making the compounds used in explosive X is ok but asking the best way to detenate is isn't?

Feel free to ask about X if X is rare, novel, little-discussed online, or you have a new pathway to it, or you want to know exactly what's going on during its synthesis. If X is a common material, with synthetic procedures well-known, don't bother asking. How do you know if something is novel or not? You do a lot of reading, both online and off.

Discussion of how to detonate explosives, or making/using explosive charges, is almost always off-topic. However, if you have a particularly unique idea in one of these areas, it is okay to talk about it.

In general, I value the novel and the obscure when it comes to energetic materials. In the other areas of the MSDB I am less picky about novelty, but I don't want this section of the board to become another mediocre "how do I make explosives and blow things up?" forum.
Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-12-2003 at 23:30

Like lets say I hve a new idea fo a shaped charge using X fluid like a water jet.I could ask about the compositoin of X,what t propel X with but not what it should be hosed in disguised as etc?
Blackhawk
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-1-2004 at 20:39

Sorry for re-opening this, but the vast bulk of the xinventions knowledge base has moved to a better forum than the old. The new adress it:
http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/xinventionspyrotechnics/index....
Stop by if you are interested in the practical application of pyrotechnics, or if you want to talk about rocketry.

\"It is a grave error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse\"
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 29-1-2004 at 06:17

I think it was on totse that I read about someone claiming to have made blasting gelatin from animal fat<LOL. Maybe it was rotten eggs(The worst bunch of idiots ever).
Polverone, you arent closing the energetic materials forum are you? Explosives are 90% chemical and 10% mechanical.
Just a thought but its the damn anarchists at rotten eggs & totse, and its the damn terrorist living amongst us that take away our ability to set off "energetic materials" without too much concern from the government. Look at the world 100 years ago. Someone stetting off dynamite in the foothills wasnt thought of as crazy but just simpley somone setting off dynamite. -Hows times have changed:(

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
FrKoNaLeaSh101
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-1-2004 at 08:20
TOTSE

ok i know totse is kinda frowned upon, but it really is not that bad. There are a few members that are extremely intelligent. But there are also a lot of very stupid people who think they are kewl anarchsits but they are just stupid. And the kid asking about animal fat for blasting gelatin said that he read it somewhere and was wondering if ti was true.....he enver said it was he was just curious

-FrKoNaLeaSh
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 29-1-2004 at 10:24

I was at totse for almost a year but I decided to leave when there was too many new kewls asking their "questions" and lots of the old members kept leaving.
Now there is under 20 real intelligent members. It used to be pretty good :(
Lestat
Banned

Mood: Aggravated

[*] posted on 1-5-2004 at 18:08

In my humble opinion, for what it's worth, totse are a bunch of twats who encourage people that get off on child abuse to let their twisted beliefs rot and fester- I mean, have u seen their "erotica"? eeeuwww. sick cunts.

The meek arn\'t going to inherit everything, their greedy relatives will get there long before someone bothered to tell the meek than someone has died.

Go To Top